PDA

View Full Version : pb mags

paintballaddict_6
04-15-2006, 05:14 PM
whats up guys. how many of you get paintball magazines? ive been lookin, i want to get a subscription, but the prob. is that i cant find one i like. ive checked out apg, and pb2x and facefull. are there any woods/rec/ scenario mags out there? im not so much into the tourny/speedball thing. thanks!

bentothejam1n
04-15-2006, 05:43 PM
i have a subscription to apg but I dont even bother reading them any more because its very repetitive and noobish. Spec ops has a mag out. Its called recon. Doesnt come out very often tho

REDRT
04-15-2006, 05:50 PM
What are you talking about? I opened up a APG and found it to be at least 85% woodsball,rec, senerio game orientated. Not much of interest in there if you don't play some form of rec ball imo.

bentothejam1n
04-15-2006, 05:56 PM
What are you talking about? I opened up a APG and found it to be at least 85% woodsball,rec, senerio game orientated. Not much of interest in there if you don't play some form of rec ball imo.
have you read them consecutively? For example. The taking stock section has answered the newbish question for a couple months now. Now I admit that they do have some good articles but nothing like they had a couple years ago

paintballaddict_6
04-15-2006, 05:56 PM
eh i only read one of the apg mags, and that was a while ago. i dont remember too much about it, but i do remember that there was not too much speedball stuff.. im kind of torn between apg and pb2x. apg is really long, thats a good thing...

Teamslayer76
04-15-2006, 07:59 PM
Action Pursuit Games is nearly all Woodsball/Big Game. Thats one reason why I stoped gettin that mag, now I get Face-Full. APG is still decent it's got some good tech pages, and good game coverage for woods/senario games. :)

frischtr
04-15-2006, 08:01 PM
Also, check out Crossfire magazine...

Ken Majors
04-15-2006, 08:06 PM
Crossfire doesn't exist anymore.
It merged with PB2X.
I used to get Crossfire and it was replaced with PB2Xtremes.

frischtr
04-15-2006, 08:27 PM
Crossfire doesn't exist anymore.
It merged with PB2X.
I used to get Crossfire and it was replaced with PB2Xtremes.

Well, that shows just how out-of-the-loop I am... :confused: Sorry about that...

Pacifist_Farmer
04-15-2006, 08:57 PM
I've taken to reading my APG for the pictures, cause the articles just aren't doing it. For that matter whenever I can find 2Xtremes the photography is much better. I can't seem to find a good pbmag anywhere. Let alone the fact that I can very rarely find them on shelves in any store.

IcantBelieveit
04-15-2006, 09:32 PM
Josh photographs for PB2X I forgot his AO name JOSHPB2Xtrme perhaps....he is a good guy and has covered some events at the local field...he also has/had some nice mags

Lupis Fidelis
04-15-2006, 09:42 PM
Paintball Sports is a nice magazine. I've been seeing them at a lot of scenarios lately. Dawn and TJ come out and not only write and take pictures, but they actually play too. They are part of the "Armored Fist" tank crew I believe.

Check it out..... Good stuff!