PDA

View Full Version : Ramping?? What is it?

IcantBelieveit
04-15-2006, 08:57 PM
Well fellas its been awhile since I played....I have not heard of ramping until....just getting back into the sport. What exactly is ramping....is it dangerous as i have heard through reading on the internet tha people have been knocked unconcious from ramped markers b/c of repeated hits to the head in such a short period of time....thanks for the help and not bashing me b/c i don't know what it is

MoeMag
04-15-2006, 09:15 PM
Ramping...

With all these new electro guns, the programming is capable of “adding shots.”
Either it fires X number of paintballs per trigger pull: each time you pull the trigger it will fire multiple shots... even if you pull it 6 times in a second it will fire 6, 3 round bursts in one second.
-or-
It multiplies the rate that the trigger is being fired by a constant: you can pull the trigger at 6 bps and get it to fire 18 bps, 3X multiplier.

What it boils down to is a way for people to lay down a lot of paint really fast without skill. I have been running as fast as I could down the field and got hit not once but 8 times by one guys ramping gun.

I think it is a lot of fun when me and my friends are messing around, but when it comes to real games, its just plain old cheating... except in PSP. :tard:

SpitFire1299
04-15-2006, 09:17 PM
Ramping...

With all these new electro guns, the programming is capable of “adding shots.”
Either it fires X number of paintballs per trigger pull: each time you pull the trigger it will fire multiple shots... even if you pull it 6 times in a second it will fire 6, 3 round bursts in one second.
-or-
It multiplies the rate that the trigger is being fired by a constant: you can pull the trigger at 6 bps and get it to fire 18 bps, 3X multiplier.

What it boils down to is a way for people to lay down a lot of paint really fast without skill. I have been running as fast as I could down the field and got hit not once but 8 times by one guys ramping gun.

I think it is a lot of fun when me and my friends are messing around, but when it comes to real games, its just plain old cheating... except in PSP. :tard:
PSP ramping is like.. pull the trigger 5 times and 15 balls come out. (all in one second)

91Foxtrot
04-15-2006, 09:17 PM
It is a feature on electros where you can have the marker shoot at (for example) 15 bps, but you only have to pull the trigger 5 times per sec.

IcantBelieveit
04-15-2006, 09:19 PM
yea...im not really liking it...lets just go back to the good old days where your skill did the talking.....not how smart your gun was

Temo Vryce
04-15-2006, 09:21 PM
Actually you're both wrong. What you're discribing is burst mode.

Ramping: If you pull the trigger at a constant rate. 1 pull per second for example the software in the markers electronics will add additional shots. Your 1pull/second now becomes 10 shots/second, but you're not pulling the trigger any faster.

Lohman446
04-16-2006, 07:39 AM
Actually you're both wrong. What you're discribing is burst mode.

Ramping: If you pull the trigger at a constant rate. 1 pull per second for example the software in the markers electronics will add additional shots. Your 1pull/second now becomes 10 shots/second, but you're not pulling the trigger any faster.

See, thats where it goes odd. There is hard and soft ramping.

Hard / Smooth (assisted) ramping. Once your marker hits the programmed trigger pulls per second (normally 3), it ramps to the ramp set (normally 14.5 to be under the PSP 15BPS rule).

Soft ramping. Once your marker hits the programmed trigger pulls per second (again normally three) it adds three more shots for each trigger pull up to the BPS cap (normally 15 again).

Both reset to semi only once one second has passed without a trigger pull until the 3 trigger pulls per second are achieved again. Both, as designed, quit shooting immediatly (or as close to immediatly as conceivable, were talking miliseconds here) when you stop pulling the trigger.

Temo Vryce
04-16-2006, 07:40 AM
See, thats where it goes odd. There is hard and soft ramping.

Hard / Smooth (assisted) ramping. Once your marker hits the programmed trigger pulls per second (normally 3), it ramps to the ramp set (normally 14.5 to be under the PSP 15BPS rule).

Soft ramping. Once your marker hits the programmed trigger pulls per second (again normally three) it adds three more shots for each trigger pull up to the BPS cap (normally 15 again).

Both reset to semi only once one second has passed without a trigger pull until the 3 trigger pulls per second are achieved again.

I didn't know the actually number of shots I just knew that you had to keep the pace steady.

Lohman446
04-16-2006, 07:42 AM
I didn't know the actually number of shots I just knew that you had to keep the pace steady.

Some boards are programmable. For instance the M6 board will allow either hard or soft ramping, and you can set the pull number it engages at, as well as the speed it ramps to.

NukeGoose
04-16-2006, 07:59 AM
yea...im not really liking it...lets just go back to the good old days where your skill did the talking.....not how smart your gun was

If the playing field is levelled between people shooting $1000 guns and people shooting $200 guns (when all guns are standardized to 15 BPS, there's not a whole lot of difference), doesn't it make playing skill even more important?

I guess it depends on if having fast fingers count as a skill to you.

K Wolf
04-16-2006, 07:11 PM
I just don't get that thety allow ramping, but reactive triggers/ full auto is verboten.

cpt
04-16-2006, 07:22 PM
I have an electro but all I play is semi. Almost all fields let you play witth anything. I just cringe when I come around a corner and hear a A-5 open up. I know I'm getting 10 welts. I wish them would make semi only to to let some skill in the game. But, thats the way it is now. I was playing Friday and everyone was crono'd at 280 yet some guy hit me 1/3 farther than I was able to shoot. A guy told me he had a board that after so many shots it ramps up the velocity but semi chrono its 280. Kinda pi**ed me off.

MoeMag
04-16-2006, 07:29 PM
I have an electro but all I play is semi. Almost all fields let you play witth anything. I just cringe when I come around a corner and hear a A-5 open up. I know I'm getting 10 welts. I wish them would make semi only to to let some skill in the game. But, thats the way it is now. I was playing Friday and everyone was crono'd at 280 yet some guy hit me 1/3 farther than I was able to shoot. A guy told me he had a board that after so many shots it ramps up the velocity but semi chrono its 280. Kinda pi**ed me off.

CHEATER BOARD! :cuss:

Lohman446
04-16-2006, 07:43 PM
I just don't get that thety allow ramping, but reactive triggers/ full auto is verboten.

Because ramping requires active input.

Speedballer666
04-16-2006, 07:50 PM
Because ramping requires active input.

You have to hold the trigger down for it to fire on full auto, isnt that active input also?

Lohman446
04-16-2006, 08:08 PM
You have to hold the trigger down for it to fire on full auto, isnt that active input also?

I would call it passive. If you "freeze up" with your fingers holding the trigger in full auto, or if the switch fails and stays closed it continues. In ramping it does not.