PDA

View Full Version : buying a new barrel

tippmannsniper-
04-16-2006, 08:12 PM
alright heres the deal, im looking for a new barrel for my autococker by this saturday. i have found a few barrels that interest me most, what im really looking for is a barrel that can shoot through breaks and stil be accurate. another thing is i play woodball at one field all the time, same paint always, so i dont really need a kit for the purpose of sizing paint to bore since i know its .691 - .693 ok. also one more thing, please dont just say which one u would pick because it looks cool, i want real educated answers. with that said thanks for reading and here are my choices so far...

lapco snapshot

deadlywind carbon barrel

matchstick 5 peice kit

stiffi

i have read many reviews on these barrels and am liking the snapshot and matchstick but ...

Munnin
04-16-2006, 08:19 PM
i really REALLY dont see the point of making a barrel out of carbon fiber, unless your plan is to break it and bayonett charge some airball bunkers. so between the match stick and the snapshot im gonna have to say

Lapco snapshot. iirc the snapshot is only a 3peice thing right? bigshot autospirit and microshot, i could very well be wrong though ;)

Red Star Funk
04-16-2006, 08:22 PM
I'd get the Matchstick. Not only do I love MacDev, but you shoot a cocker, so having a kit is a good thing, because you can get a really good paint/bore match.

tippmannsniper-
04-16-2006, 08:23 PM
cf makes the barrel super light, but yes they are kinda brittle. stiffi has made improvements too reduce breaking the tip though. and i dont want to be an... but i said i dont need a barrel for that reason

captian pinky
04-16-2006, 08:26 PM
i would go with and ultra light cuz u can shoot through breaks easily and they are fair priced and can get different backs and fronts but if not that then the matchstick i quess

paintman1142
04-16-2006, 08:28 PM
dye ultra light is wicked light and hellishly accurate.

SpitFire1299
04-16-2006, 08:29 PM
Go for a kit rather then a single barrel, its SOO worth it. :D

Munnin
04-16-2006, 08:37 PM
Go for a kit rather then a single barrel, its SOO worth it. :D
if you do id say get a powerlyte scepter, better than freaks imo

tippmannsniper-
04-16-2006, 10:14 PM
i dont like the scepter kits, and those ultralites are a lil expensive

Automaggot68
04-17-2006, 02:07 PM
I'm really liking my Matchistick Kit, and I'm sure Rob is, too.

Lohman446
04-17-2006, 02:15 PM
Any good kit that allows you to size to prevent rollouts is going to function as well as any other with minimal deviation. Thus it leaves it up to cosmetics / weight really.

tippmannsniper-
04-17-2006, 05:32 PM
well i think im gunna grab a matchstik 5 peice kit, but i cant find any store online that sells them for autococker threads or even sells them, help..

Arstron
04-17-2006, 05:49 PM
I love my WWA Justice series (1 peice, takes freak inserts) and my truth series barrels, just another to consider.

http://www.whitewolfairsmithing.com/barrels.htm

Phantom_Mag
04-17-2006, 05:53 PM
CF is way overrated. Thats all i have to say, being an previous owner of a stiffi and a ccm cf kit. I still liked the bores of my pipe kit, though the looks werent great.

buzzboy
04-17-2006, 06:06 PM
Just get the lapco around the size that the paint usually is. I think you can get one in like .693 which would be perfect for your situation.

RavishingEddie
04-17-2006, 11:04 PM
I honestly prefer the 7 piece Matchstik but I am still trying to choose between the Matchstik and the CCM CF kit. I have heard CCM is a very reliable company that makes reliable products, but Mac Dev makes some killer stuff too. Their HDP technology used on their barrels makes me curious. The one thing that I also like about CF is that it will not expand and is extremely light.

tippmannsniper-
04-18-2006, 08:07 AM
yaa, i cant afford either of those so thats why im just gunna go with the snapshot or 5 pece kit if i can actually find one...

vonort
04-18-2006, 06:36 PM
Have you looked at the J&J Ceramics or the Edge Kit from them. Great barrels that shoot great and clean out very well. Just thought I would throw that out there for you.

RRfireblade
04-18-2006, 06:53 PM
It's a tube. :)

They all shoot the same. ;)

Buy which ever one you think is the coolest. :dance: