PDA

View Full Version : BE Rainmaker

topazpaintball
04-17-2006, 12:10 PM
Does anyone have an animation on how these things work? I'd really like to find out.

Kevmaster
04-17-2006, 01:36 PM
www.brasseagle.org is teh Brass Eagle Owners Group. its subsidiary: http://rmog.beog.org

those two sites should help you out....

Nexus
04-17-2006, 02:32 PM
Is anyone but me shocked that there is actually a BE owners group?

BobTheCow
04-17-2006, 02:36 PM
Is anyone but me shocked that there is actually a BE owners group?
You should check out the Owner's Group division this year, I think you'd be surprised of what a Rainmaker is capable of in the right hands.

e: Hell, Rainmakers won it all last year!

Lohman446
04-17-2006, 02:44 PM
You should check out the Owner's Group division this year, I think you'd be surprised of what a Rainmaker is capable of in the right hands.

e: Hell, Rainmakers won it all last year!

:D Them were some heavily modified rainmakers

There is nothing like the sound of five rainmakers on the field at once. I thought I was watching Star Wars. PEW PEW PEW

rkjunior303
04-17-2006, 03:06 PM
I don't think there's been a Rainmaker working long enough for them to create an animated .GIF file.

OH SNAP!

Munnin
04-17-2006, 03:20 PM
I don't think there's been a Rainmaker working long enough for them to create an animated .GIF file.

OH SNAP!

rainmakers arnt bad markers, with a little love you can get a rainmaker into a possision where it can compete with other moderetly high end guns, check out some of rainman229's (i think thes the rainmaker guy.. right? him or blackrain... something rain, i know that!) rainmakers

oh and there used to be a animation on MBC a WILE back i think, long gone now tho :(

Lohman446
04-17-2006, 03:22 PM
rainmakers arnt bad markers, with a little love you can get a rainmaker into a possision where it can compete with other moderetly high end guns, check out some of rainman229's (i think thes the rainmaker guy.. right? him or blackrain... something rain, i know that!) rainmakers

oh and there used to be a animation on MBC a WILE back i think, long gone now tho :(

But will they function through an entire tournament?

Experience tells me no...

topazpaintball
04-17-2006, 03:55 PM
I'm put of by the tons of pneumaitcs and the batteries taped to the side... just give me a clean ol' mag :D

BobTheCow
04-17-2006, 04:10 PM
:D Them were some heavily modified rainmakers

There is nothing like the sound of five rainmakers on the field at once. I thought I was watching Star Wars. PEW PEW PEW
The first game they played I about shat myself, and I was off the field inside my cozy little scoring tent! I would've been terrified being on the field with them, hearing the clanging thumping smashing mechanical barrage coming after me out of the break. :ninja:

Dark Frost17
04-17-2006, 04:49 PM
The first game they played I about shat myself, and I was off the field inside my cozy little scoring tent! I would've been terrified being on the field with them, hearing the clanging thumping smashing mechanical barrage coming after me out of the break. :ninja:

lol...
never seen them in person :confused:

etjoyride
04-17-2006, 05:00 PM
rainman229 overon SCP can make rainmakers into amzing guns(and yes they work)

Bahhumbug
04-17-2006, 05:07 PM
I recently bought a non-functional rainmaker and took it to my local shop. We were running the thing at some insanely low PSI and it sounded like the shop was being bombed out. I will wear earplugs on the field.

I'm hoping somebody's just going to **** their pants at the loudness and call themselves out without even being hit. :rofl:

buzzboy
04-17-2006, 06:31 PM
http://www.p8ntball226.com/ani_rain_cut_slow.gif

Nexus
04-18-2006, 03:33 PM
Yikes . . . I'd hate to have to fix one of those . . . pretty scary schematic . . .

I always find it amusing when people say that gun x "can be made into a good gun." To even make that statement you have to accept the premise that it didn't start as a good gun.

cledford
04-18-2006, 03:41 PM
Cool! A nelson valve based autococker! I never knew that about those guns - very interesting...

-Calvin

topazpaintball
04-18-2006, 03:52 PM
Cool! A nelson valve based autococker! I never knew that about those guns - very interesting...

-Calvin

Brass Eagle worked with WGP to design these. It's a pretty cool project gun nowadays because they're really cheap, but complicated as hell (as you can see)

MntlHazrd
04-18-2006, 05:27 PM
i wonder if Rainmaker owners have the problem with many people asking them "is that an autococker?"

SummaryJudgement
04-18-2006, 05:36 PM
I have one if you're interested ;)

And yes, they sound like freaking cannons. I was dry-firing in my apartment once and the neighbor came tearing over because he thought someone was trying to kill me. I've even seen people chased out of bunkers just from the sound of the dang things.

fullofpaint
04-18-2006, 07:28 PM
RMOG won right? But weren't they using non-rainmakerers for a lot of the games cause of problems with them? That's what a friend of mine told me

scrumpy
04-18-2006, 09:47 PM
The shock waves from the noise of the cycling cause clouds to vibrate and emit rain, hence the name.

topazpaintball
04-18-2006, 09:50 PM
I've heard that there's a slight, but discernable, pause between pulling the trigger and the thing actually firing. Is this true?

Teamslayer76
04-18-2006, 10:07 PM
ROFL Rainmakers, I've always wanted one, just so I could use a BE and keep up with the Dm's and Angels or what have you. Nice guns, complicated, but nice. :)

Kevmaster
04-18-2006, 10:07 PM
Calvin: yeah. its a damn neat marker. Their main unrelaibility is just that the specs are sooooo loose. If they tightened everything up and found a way to get rid of the bolt link (links the bolt to the hammer) they'd have a hell of a marker.

Brass Eagle worked with WGP to design these. It's a pretty cool project gun nowadays because they're really cheap, but complicated as hell (as you can see)

BE did nothing with WGP to design the market. it is, however, loosely based off the Air Power Vector. and yes, there is a pause between when you pull and when it fires, beacuse the hammer goes forward and then backward on the trigger pull

REDRT
04-18-2006, 10:58 PM
"Though I walk threw the valley of the shadow of death I shall fear no evil because I have my rainmaker".

I always like the advertisement. :D

Timmee
04-18-2006, 11:03 PM
i wonder if Rainmaker owners have the problem with many people asking them "is that an autococker?"

Every single time I took my Rainmaker to my local field, I was asked if it was an electric Autococker. When I told them it was a Rainmaker, they said, "never heard of it". I reassured them they'd hear it on the field. It was loud but reliable (except for those stupid plastic fittings that screwed into the QEVs). I eventually sold it, but I'd almost be interested in getting another one, except for the fact that I don't play that much anymore, and still have too many markers.

Aslan
04-22-2006, 01:38 PM
RMOG won right? But weren't they using non-rainmakerers for a lot of the games cause of problems with them? That's what a friend of mine told me

That's what I heard as well...that in the last game many of the players had to use non-rainmakers because their rainmakers were all broken down. That's classic if it's indeed true.

As for BE owners group (BEOG), I post there from time to time. It's a pretty small forum...not alot of activity. But it is nice to see that the old school BE players are still around. :cheers:

http://www.jayloo.com/files/pics/30000/Raptor100105_tn.JPG (http://www.jayloo.com/photo_gallery/show_pic.html?pIMAGE_ID=30837)

My Raptor Silver Eagle is pretty loud too. I scared two kids in a bunker the last time I used it because I fired from just behind them. They both jumped and ducked out of the way. :eek:

SummaryJudgement
04-22-2006, 03:39 PM
Wait, I thought it was WDP that teamed up with BE to originally design the RMs....?

Calvin: yeah. its a damn neat marker. Their main unrelaibility is just that the specs are sooooo loose. If they tightened everything up and found a way to get rid of the bolt link (links the bolt to the hammer) they'd have a hell of a marker.

BE did nothing with WGP to design the market. it is, however, loosely based off the Air Power Vector. and yes, there is a pause between when you pull and when it fires, beacuse the hammer goes forward and then backward on the trigger pull

Kevmaster
04-23-2006, 01:38 PM
Wait, I thought it was WDP that teamed up with BE to originally design the RMs....?

WDP and BE had an agreement for a short amount of time that made BE the sole American distributor of the Angel market, and made WDP the sole Euro distributor of BE gear. that deal quickly went sour for a variety of reasons

misenhei
04-24-2006, 08:55 AM
I've heard that there's a slight, but discernable, pause between pulling the trigger and the thing actually firing. Is this true?

Yes