PDA

View Full Version : (Really hate doing this) Vs. thread.

cdacda13
04-17-2006, 01:20 PM
I'm thinking about getting a new gun. My tadao'd A4 Fly is nearly perfect. The only areas that I dont like are the kick i get while shooting a long string of shots. And, its not super efficent. But, with all day air, its not THAT big of a deal.
So, to find the completly perfect gun, I come to you AO.

After much research and debate, its between the G7 and an 06 borg.
I'm looking for personal experiances, observations and an owners point of view. I already know what thier advertized to do.

Thank You.

Lohman446
04-17-2006, 01:55 PM
Without a ton of knowledge of the 'Borg and just a bit more on the Angel it would strike me that both markers are so close in design that you are not likely nto notice a major difference in function of either marker.

atm743
04-17-2006, 02:10 PM
i just traded my mag for a a4 fly and i should be getting it wednesday. soo i cant really compare it to something yet but from what you said i would get a viking

i had one with tadao and LOVED IT. sooooo fast and i can last all day on one tank.

only problem is that they are a little heavy. they arnt deadly heavy. to me they are the same as a dm4.

i had mine with tadao and it just plain ripped. and they are built like a tank. all you have to do is oil there here and there and thats it.

minimag03
04-17-2006, 02:16 PM
After a bit of tinkering with the LPR and settings, Im sure you could reduce the kick of the A4 by a ton. But out of the markers you listed I would go with the G7 for a few reasons.
1) people are staring to sell them cheap
2) borg will be expensive new or used
3) you will not be able to tell much of a difference between the two markers, so stick with the marker you know better

MarkM
04-17-2006, 02:19 PM
In stock form the Cyborg comes out on top for me, the plus's are a lot over the G7, it is the only marker I have used that makes me consider switching from Angels.

Cyborg has the lower weight.
Cyborg has the better board already installed.
Cyborg has the better software installed (actually perfectly conforms to ALL the regs not the compromised version as in the G7)
Cyborg has better eye components.
Cyborg has a simpler layout and is easier to self service.

Looks are purely down to the buyer, as looks wise the G7 wins in my eyes but performance wise Cyborg

This only applies to the current Cyborg NOT the older model.

hipster
04-17-2006, 04:33 PM
the borg has no kick and shoots real nice
( i heard destructive customs is playing with the idea of milling 05's but you didn't hear that from me)
but the angel looks a lot better and the trigger has a better feel

I live on east coast and there is only approved tech for angels out this way thats the only reason I don,t have one my collection, their not very user friendly unless you know them real good

Jonno06
04-17-2006, 04:45 PM
just get a new bolt/hammer for the kick situation. :shooting:

cdacda13
04-17-2006, 05:32 PM
I was also thinking of sucking it up another season and waiting to see what comes out next year. Then i would get a JDS LPR for the Fly.

But I do love new stuff. And G7 prices probley will drop more as soon as WDP releases thier new gun for the year.

punkncat
04-17-2006, 05:51 PM
I JUST got a G7 from a friend. I had been shooting a Speed. Mostly due to its drop in price used. Many of the problems with the design in the Speed/A4 were fixed with the G7. Its still a bit heavy...but I like a bit of heft, it keeps the nose down.... :D

The only thing it needs is a new barrel. The stock one is good, but small. I opted for a feedneck as well. I have heard a few complaints about the Stock board and its ability to meet PSP regs...I guess the ramping mode it has isn't legal. I have found that with the proper trigger setup, and tr setting that ramping really isn't needed anyway. Its way fast and easy to walk. With the right settings it doesn't run away.
Just like any Angel it had a few quirks, and a few things you have to get used to and whatnot, but overall its definatly worthy of the nameplate as the flagship WDP marker.

REDRT
04-17-2006, 06:31 PM
I had the oppertunity to dink around with the G7 fly. I really liked it. From the looks, feel and function it seemed to be a fine marker. I don't have experience with Borgs. A friend had one. It seemed reliable. He never had any problems with it. I don't know much more about either of the two other than that. I personaly tend to stick to things I know. Seeing is that you already are an Angel owner the G7 most likely would be a smooth transition for you other than I think the G7 uses a different threading for its barrel.

68magOwner
04-17-2006, 06:39 PM
id rather shoot the borg myself