PDA

View Full Version : Blackballed; The Bobby Dukes Story in theaters

Jaan
04-18-2006, 12:54 AM
Hey everyone ... it's been a while but Blackballed is finally making the rounds in theaters (instead of film festivals). I know it's playing in Boston at the end of the month and anyone who's been waiting to see it should check the web site for times and places ...

www.bobbydukes.com

Indignant
04-18-2006, 02:16 AM
saw it long time ago on DVD, my best friends older brother was on the production team. it was ok, not what i expected it to be though. the best parts were of the guy playing with the action figures, sadly enough. LOTS of swearing, too, haha.

Teamslayer76
04-18-2006, 08:48 AM
When did they say this was going to come, 2004? So old I forgot about it. Anyway, do you know if it will make major release or what? If not I'm waiting for the DVD, or VHS or w/e it comes on. :tard:

skriptal
04-18-2006, 05:11 PM
i will go to see it on friday when it is in bos W00T

person1
04-18-2006, 06:21 PM
I just saw the trailer, rob cordorry(sp?) is hilarious. Too bad its not playing around me

Jaan
04-30-2006, 10:44 PM
Well, I went and saw it today, and I gotta say, it was hilarious. I haven't laughed at a movie like that in a long time ... actually laughing out loud. I went to the 3:30 show so there was only about 25 people there but everyone was laughing, and the two guys and girl I went with were laughing too and they've never played paintball.

If you like the kind of subtle humor that you get in The Daily Show, then you'll love this movie. There's a lot of jokes you'll miss if you're not paying attention. The characters are funny as hell too.

If you get a chance you gotta go see it.

Resurection
03-12-2007, 11:26 PM
holy thread-revival batman!

...a sad excuse for a movie, I ordered this on my cable PPV and really wish I hadn't.

Jaan
03-12-2007, 11:29 PM
Yeah, you either love it or you hate it. Most of the movie was improvised and not many people can get into improvisational comedy anymore. Oh well.

ß?µ£ §mµ®ƒ
03-12-2007, 11:35 PM
Bobby Dukes is Back!!!

onedude36
03-12-2007, 11:39 PM
i are be lost. was/is this a real person?

aqua_scummm
03-12-2007, 11:48 PM
Nope, just a dry humour movie.

If you love dry humor, you'd like bobby dukes

Lenny
03-13-2007, 01:19 AM

Really? I think I'm gonna have to check it out then.

temps
03-13-2007, 01:40 AM
saw it long time ago on DVD, my best friends older brother was on the production team. it was ok, not what i expected it to be though. the best parts were of the guy playing with the action figures, sadly enough. LOTS of swearing, too, haha.

I wonder if paint ball has ever had or has its own "bobby dukes"? (Like hockey has had its great players who were just so far ahead of the game then everyone at the time.) Has anyone ever stood out over the team/rest of the competition like that?

paullus99
03-13-2007, 04:53 AM
Bad Company.....back in the day.....

thecavemankevin
03-13-2007, 08:10 AM
I wonder if paint ball has ever had or has its own "bobby dukes"? (Like hockey has had its great players who were just so far ahead of the game then everyone at the time.) Has anyone ever stood out over the team/rest of the competition like that?

yeah, avalanche till they got busted for cheating...entire team should have gone down for that bs.

Archangel Kid
03-13-2007, 08:41 AM
yeah, avalanche till they got busted for cheating...entire team should have gone down for that bs.

Are you talking about the Ninja (Salm) incident?

paintballfiend
03-13-2007, 11:00 AM

I like my humor dripping wet, so I guess I shouldn't see it. :p

Jaan
03-13-2007, 11:31 AM
You know, all you have to do is go to You Tube and search for "Bobby Dukes" and you'll find a few clips from the movie to see if you'll like it or not.

paintballfiend
03-13-2007, 03:22 PM
You know, all you have to do is go to You Tube and search for "Bobby Dukes" and you'll find a few clips from the movie to see if you'll like it or not.
Ahh, good old Youtube. What would we do without ye.

CKY_Alliance
03-13-2007, 04:28 PM
Are you talking about the Ninja (Salm) incident?

The shooting people from the woods?..If that is what you are refering too the whole team did not know he was doing that..well so they claim..Avalanche isn't even remotly the same team anymore..so eh...

Archangel Kid
03-13-2007, 05:58 PM
The shooting people from the woods?..If that is what you are refering too the whole team did not know he was doing that..well so they claim..Avalanche isn't even remotly the same team anymore..so eh...

I know, that's why I was a little confused by his statement. I don't know what other dark cloud is over avalanche besides the Salm incident. I miss 'lache of the old days.

thecavemankevin
03-14-2007, 08:36 AM

yes, that is what i am talking about and like you said, the rest of the team didnt know anything about it, or so they say. I imagine the chances are pretty good that not all the team knew about it, but i bet most or more knew about it. Ever hear of guilty by association? The ones that got off, got off to easily by just getting kicked out of the tourney. And yeah i know they are not even close to being the same team now, but i wouldnt ever want to associate myself with a tainted team name like that.

meh, its in the past.