PDA

View Full Version : Mag Help Please

LinearGoose
04-18-2006, 11:14 PM
Hey I got a minimag with a zgrip.I was just wondering what upgrades I can but on it so that I can walk it easyer because right now its like impossible to do it.I know about the ult, but I was wondering if maybe a new valve will help out the problem or what other solution I can do to it.Dont really want to bounce it because my local field wont allow it.Thanks for reading and hope someone can help, Thanks.

b e n
04-18-2006, 11:47 PM
its really hard to walk a mech no matter what you do so unless you make it electro your outta luck

LinearGoose
04-19-2006, 12:01 AM
Nothing I can do to make it easyer or even close to it?

Mescalito
04-19-2006, 01:53 AM
its really hard to walk a mech no matter what you do so unless you make it electro your outta luck

100% incorrect... do a search on "pneumatic" however as far as i know, no one has chopped thier $250 (thanks going_home) z grip to set it up for pneumatic operation.

LinearGoose
04-19-2006, 05:54 PM
Dont mean to be a noob but can somone tell me what a pneumag is and maybe the parts and how to do it.Saw this one guys post on it but it seems alittle complicated.Maybe someone can explain it a bit more.Thanks

Aeronautica86
04-19-2006, 06:19 PM
I think its funny that you call not being able to walk a mech marker a "problem"

back to your regularly scheduled programming...

LinearGoose
04-19-2006, 06:24 PM
I think its funny that you call not being able to walk a mech marker a "problem"

back to your regularly scheduled programming...
Well I just want to have the fire power when I need it.Not going to shoot paint like crazy but would like to with ease. Didn't mean to offend anyone who does not like being able to walk a mech marker.

Mescalito
04-19-2006, 10:22 PM
the pneumags are pretty sweet, i just put an x-valve in mine today and now i can easily walk the thing... too bad i suck at walking the trigger...

The idea behind it all is that you siphon air from your tank and put in a mini valve and a pneumatic actuator. instead of the trigger moving the sear directly, the trigger opens the valve and lets some air into the actuator which moves the sear. all the information on how to make them can be found here on AO, but you need to have some do it yourself intuition.

LinearGoose
04-19-2006, 10:43 PM
Thanks for the post.Kinda cleared things up in my head.

shades
04-20-2006, 07:54 PM
If you get a different grip Ill buy the Z from you. Do not chop into that grip. That would be like chopping into a GTO just to put a wing on the back. :wow:

LinearGoose
04-20-2006, 09:20 PM
If you get a different grip Ill buy the Z from you. Do not chop into that grip. That would be like chopping into a GTO just to put a wing on the back. :wow:
Sorry man im not selling it even if I got a different grip.I love it to much its like a child.Also I fixed my trigger now.Read some post, some guy posted about how far the tigger pull thing should be.Now I can shoot pretty fast even without the UlT. :dance: Hope you find your zgrip. Got mine brand new for $140. I seached google and found this one place that had one. :D So I got it and love it forever.

buzzboy
04-21-2006, 06:48 AM
100% incorrect... do a search on "pneumatic" however as far as i know, no one has chopped thier $250 (thanks going_home) z grip to set it up for pneumatic operation.
Um, frankenmag anybody. Or was that more of a mech/electro/pneumatic/hyperforcefield/V8 hemi z grip.

rtfire1
04-21-2006, 11:34 AM
i my self have an rt pro x valve and would think that will do what you want. you just got to have the hopper system to keep you going

Duffmcgruff
04-21-2006, 12:03 PM
I think if you really want to walk your trigger you should just buy an electric pb gat. Enjoy all the fun of electronic breakdowns and an empty wallet as well. I know this seems contradictory since I just traded away my 'mag for an E2 'cocker, but that's only because I'm lucky enough to also own a pimped out mech prostock and a PGP. In all likelihood I'll part out the E2 frame and slap the swing frame on the S5.
Mech vs. Electro is a personal preference and I reccomend you both try out different electric gats and weigh the financial implications of being capable of shooting 15-20 bps before deciding that walkability is required to have firepower. I mostly play woods/cottage/rec ball and stay away from blowup fields, but I always notice how those E-gat owners only ever seem to last about 1 to 1 and 1/2 hours with a full case (and that's with sitting out a couple of rounds) while me with my totally not-walkable mech stays for 4-7 hours off of one case and has a damn blast the whole time. Sure it sucks to be pinned by a hail of fire, but that's where skill comes in and it forces you to get good and make the most of your couple of shots, or you use your brain and start shooting cross-field instead of going head-to-head (or stagger your popping-out so the electro-guy can have fun wasting a full hopper of paint [200 rounds x $.10 = $20) shooting at empty space) or you call for some backup; w/e it takes.
Personally the best move I ever did was buy a pump-gun, it made me realize how many balls I waste on stupid shots even with just my mech-semi autococker. Pumps force you to aim and value every single shot and will guarunteed make you a better player (if not then go buy an Ion, because spray and pray is all you'll ever have)
The point of this rant (now the size of an essay, sorry folks) is that despite all the hype about BPS this and ramping that; $150 on a chip that pulls the trigger for you is just pathetic . It's WAY MORE GRATIFYING to take one or a few shots to mark somebody than to spend $5-20 blasting away in the hopes that one of those balls will hit the intended target.

rtfire1
04-21-2006, 12:35 PM
Duffmcgruff is right for the most part. i know a few people that play woodsball with there highend electros and use hardly any paint. these are the same guys that got me in to my pump pistol. i think if you want to learn how to not wast paint play with a pump or play hopper ball. one of the reasons i love my rt pro x-valve is that when i need it i can shot ropes but when i want that one ball shot i can do that no problem.

paintman1142
04-21-2006, 01:22 PM
x-valve and ULT, couple of shims in the ULT and a bit of tuneing, thats what worked for me, also takes a lot of practice to walk it still, i got mine to a 3oz pull in the summer and just recently i have been able to walk it up to 12bps, but only for short amounts of time, but so far i've almost aways walked it when I really really needed to recently.

Duffmcgruff
04-23-2006, 10:56 PM
Reading my rant from todays angle, it seems a bit misleading. I'm all for firepower thats properly used. What I'm trying to say is that with a pump-gun you'll acquire skills because you forcibly handicap yourself and must make up for the lack of firepower with extra attention to aim, posture, positioning, angles etc... Once you've played pump for awhile, when you go back to playing with a semi or an electro, you fully realize the firepower you hold and make proper use of it now that the handicap is gone.