PDA

View Full Version : automag RT pro Q's

umpalumpas rule
12-18-2001, 02:26 PM
hey im looken at an automag RT pro and i was wondern how reliable are they? ive heard they chop ALOT is this true?

mykroft
12-18-2001, 02:30 PM
Extremely reliable markers. Chopping isn't as much of an issue as people make out, they are harder on paint than a Shocker, but no worse than an Angel, as long as you don't out-shoot the hopper, or short-stroke it, you'll be fine.

umpalumpas rule
12-18-2001, 02:32 PM
so they are just like angels about choppen? thdx for your imput

Dayspring
12-18-2001, 03:12 PM
Best advice- shoot one. I don't mean to be rude, but it's just that mentality that perpetuates the rumors-

Person 1-"Automags chop alot I hear."
Person 2-"Yeah I heard that too."
Person 3-"Where'd you hear that?"
Person 1-"Everybody says that."

The only way to see is to shoot it yourself... Otherwise, good gun that is put together extremely well. Ability to be dunk cleaned (aired up and dunked in water). AGD superior customer service. Superior recharge on valve. Only uses Nirto/Compressed air- no temp problems.

the123
12-18-2001, 05:05 PM
Definately a great mechanical marker.
Although, I have never heard of dunk cleaning.
If you chop a ball, get ready to clean.
I don't chop my mags unless my balls don't feed right or I short stroke it.

Bartleby
12-18-2001, 05:21 PM
I don't chop my mags unless my balls don't feed right or I short stroke it.

i'm sorry. that's all i caught of your post and i started to laugh my @$$ off. :D

Dayspring
12-19-2001, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by the123
I have never heard of dunk cleaning.
If you chop a ball, get ready to clean.

The RT is quite water tight when pressurized. and being stainless steel, can take a dunking to clean it off. I however, don't fire it under water . Gas it up. Get some warm soapy water, dunk it in several times and move it around. Rinse it off and then take it outside to shoot it out. It gets all the gunk out. The only problem I've come up against are that the screw to hold the grip on (in trigger hole) and one of the foregrip ones are getting a tad yellow/rusty. That's fixable though.

skipdogg
12-19-2001, 01:13 PM
you shouldnt short stroke... once you start always finsh.

MINIMAGMAN
12-19-2001, 02:22 PM
if you chop a ball inside a mag u gotta take out your squeegee, water wont fix it, sure i did field-clean it with water, i took out the barrel, poured some water down the body with poland spring, shook it up a little, leaked the water out and then fired it, but it didnt take off the paint, cause paint is oily and water and oil dont mix :)