PDA

View Full Version : Marker shaking makes me cry

BerSerK
04-19-2006, 10:06 AM
well not seriously but I want to get rid of that problem.

Sometimes when I'm getting below 1/3 of my tank I have a problem that I think you call bolt stick. I shoot 1 time then it's like the bolt is not coming back all the way and the trigger is not responding so I have to give to marker a good shake to make the bolt reset. It happens more often as my air supply gets lower.

I can understand when it happens with 500psi in my tank but at around 1000psi it can be a problem on the field.

What can I do ?

Thanks

Lohman446
04-19-2006, 10:11 AM

Sometimes when I'm getting below 1/3 of my tank I have a problem that I think you call bolt stick. I shoot 1 time then it's like the bolt is not coming back all the way and the trigger is not responding so I have to give to marker a good shake to make the bolt reset. It happens more often as my air supply gets lower.

I can understand when it happens with 500psi in my tank but at around 1000psi it can be a problem on the field.

What can I do ?

Thanks

Micro and mini gauges (especially the cheap ones on our tanks) are known to be inaccurate, verify the gauges accuracy at 1000PSI. Easiest way to do this is hook to a fill station, fill until the fill station's liquid filled gauge indicates 1000PSI and then see what yours indicates. The liquid filled gauges are generally much better.

Wizzman
04-19-2006, 10:31 AM

What can I do ?

Thanks

This happend to me to. All I had to do was clean the gun and put some oil and it worked fine. What kind of tank do you have?

BerSerK
04-19-2006, 10:46 AM
My tank is a PMI 68/3000.

I'll try oiling and tell you how it went.

rtfire1
04-19-2006, 11:24 AM
some nitro tanks when you get down to 1000 psi in the tank only put out after the reg 500- 700 psi. had a 48/3k that did that. but try oiling you mag and check your o-rings i had one that looked good until i puled it out and the oring was bad.

BerSerK
04-24-2006, 03:12 PM
I played last sunday and it went like a charm, my marker never performed that well since I got it. Oiled and gassed, no problems at all, no chop on about 600 rounds, I had a blast.

I noticed too that I don't need an ultra fast marker to perform well, I always believed in that but last game we had some people with some Tippmann A5 with e-grip, those things can really shoots ropes but it didn't make them any better players.

I am very pleased and I hope it stays that way for a good while!

The only thing I want now is a way to fill to 4500psi and an adjustable tank...but it's simply too much cash.

Thanks for the help!

BigEvil
04-24-2006, 04:25 PM
Automags + Autolube = :D (you)