PDA

View Full Version : Mag box dimensions?

Ref
12-18-2001, 02:43 PM
Hey, how big is the box that a mag comes in? Can someone give me some measurements? I think I have one under the ol' Christmas tree. :D

wyn1370
12-18-2001, 02:56 PM
here's a picture of one. I'd say a little under a foot long, 6 to 8 inches wide, and about 6 inches tall. just estimating though.

wyn1370
12-18-2001, 02:56 PM
heck here's another one. might be a little taller than 6 inches.

Magsrule3
12-18-2001, 03:03 PM
wow, ur box is huge! mine is only like 2" deep, I wonder if those are newer ones..

wyn1370
12-18-2001, 03:30 PM
my original box was shallow as well. but after looking at these boxes they looked a lot taller than my minimag box.

rhetor22
12-18-2001, 04:18 PM
yes my box is the small one. I'm measuring it right now with a yardstick so these are exact measurements, but that doesn't include wrapping paper! 13.25" long, 9" wide, 3" tall.

Don't ruin the suprize! (well i guess i just helped;) )

Chaos
12-18-2001, 04:44 PM
The older automag boxes are much larger, almost cube like. The newer ones are about the standard size box for a paintball gun. The minimag boxes last I checked are still the larger 'cube' size. They're not quite cubes, but very big (as you can see in the pics, those automag boxes look like the minimag box that i have). I'd also go by weight, if its a heavy box its most likely a mag, and the right size that is. If you can do it well (when i was little I was the master) you can open the present and see whats inside. Go maguyver style with a trusty swiss army knife, or use a razor blade. You want to either open one of the ends, by just carefully removing the tape, almost all boxes say what they are on the side, if you want to get REALLY crafty here is what you can do:

I've done this a few times, much higher risk to getting caught, but when done properly, you know exactly what is there and such. Alright, keep in mind that presents that are sat under the tree, are almost never moved. No one normally except you moves your presents, unless they're passed to you when everyone is opening them. So with that in mind, take your razor, flip the present over so that its bottom up, and slice open the rapping paper (only the paper, dont cut the box) all the down the center. Now you can peek inside and see if its an automag, minimag, spyder TL, spyder SE, whatever it is. Then comes the trigger part of putting it back together. What works best is take a long piece of scotch tape, and put it on the under side of one side of the cut on the paper. Then put the paper flush with the box, and lay the other side over the top of the tape so its flush with the other piece of paper. If you do it right it looks like a simple crinkle in the paper, or that they ran out of paper and had to tape 2 pieces together. This way its taped on the inside tho, so it looks like it was wrapped that way. Now flip it over so that the side you cut on is face down, lay it back in its exact original position, and smile to yourself at what you have accomplished, and what you'll soon be playing with :)

Oh and btw, i'm going to lauph if its a 6 pack of sweaters or something like that ;) How mean would that be if a parent took an automag box, put some dump present like socks in it, taped it back shut, and wrapped it and put it under the tree? lol I think whenever I have kids i'll do that. Their eyes will light up with joy, then they're open it and see clothes or something like that. Then I'll bring them in the garage for the actual gun or something like that. Maybe a nice modded gun for them lol

Butterfingers
12-18-2001, 05:24 PM
Nothing makes a parent happier than seeing thier kid happy, sense of acomplishment...

Ref
12-18-2001, 05:42 PM
Harr...books. lol

Vegeta
12-18-2001, 05:51 PM
How much does it weigh? Have you shaken it?
If you shake it and hear a metal tube like structure banging against cardboard.. you may just have yourself a paintgun! lol.

udtseal
12-18-2001, 06:00 PM
Why not just open the present now?? Thats basically what your doing anyway. :(

Dosent anyone love the suspense and surprise anymore?? :p

mag59459
12-18-2001, 07:43 PM
my box is 3x9x13.25 exactly

rhetor22
12-18-2001, 07:48 PM
guess we got the same ones.

You guys are sneaky. I used to do that when i was younger, but now i like the suspense. (that plus the fact that i will look at what i got, and it will suck or something, so i have to live with the fact that my parents spent all this money on something i won't like too much)

Ref
12-18-2001, 07:48 PM
They're books...I didn;t have to open it to tell; you can feel the bulge in the box..heh

ronron2112
12-18-2001, 07:57 PM
wow my box is huge!! its like a big ole building block.. bearly fits in the shelves. Pretty soon i'll hafta start putting letters on them..;)

mag59459
12-18-2001, 09:46 PM
hah books. That must have really got your hopes up.

Ref
12-19-2001, 02:21 PM
A while ago my mom calls me downstairs to make me clean some pots ebcause her hand was hurting for some reason, and she says, " I know what you got for Christmassss." She says I got a lot of stuff that I wanted for a while now, (including the digital cam that my dad bought that I set up last night). I think that one of the other presents MAY be a marker, seing how that and a digital cam have been the only 2 things that I've wanted for a while.