PDA

View Full Version : Barrel?/paint

minimag
12-18-2001, 02:56 PM
I just bought new minimag and I need a lot of input please. Share what barrel and paint you use with your minimag or other AGD that would be the same as the minimag. I had and armson with my last gun and I am starting not to like it. I need to know what barrel and paint you use as well as your input on how accurate it is. ITs greatly appreciated THANX-MINIMAG-

PyRo
12-18-2001, 03:01 PM
You want a barrel about 12in, with little porting. Accuracy is going to be mainly in your paint-barrel match. If you drop a ball in your barrel, you should be able to blow it through with little effort. If it rolls through, or your face turns blue then its no good for that paint.

udtseal
12-18-2001, 03:43 PM
Welcome to AO!!!!

To answer your question, what Pyro said was exactly right. You really have to experiment with paint to barrel matches, but paintballgear.com is great with it in that they have little tables when you select a barrel to look at. In the table they list the bore size, which kind of makes it easy for you to select a nice paint to shoot. If you want to really simplify things, get a CP barrel kit or a Freak kit, which comes with interchangable bore sizers that allow you to use basically any paint you want, you just match the sizer to the paint in the manner pyro described. Enjoy your new mini!!! :D

Puddleglum
12-18-2001, 04:28 PM
Hvae you read the tech tips? I would say that the Dye Aluminum is a good one (really quiet). The Lapco Bigshot is good(efficient but loud). And I personally like the RT Stock and the Armson barrels.

PyRo
12-18-2001, 07:10 PM
Lapco is good :) Dye is overpriced.

LeadBasedPaint
12-18-2001, 07:56 PM
Dye is a bit pricey, but they are great barrels. I have a 12 inch aluminum and I love it. One note, I wouln't go above 12 inches on the barrel size.

Oh, and does anyone know what paint goes through the aluminum best? I have been experimenting with Diablo Blaze, but I want to see if there is anything that matches better.

minimag
12-19-2001, 12:13 PM
What barrels are u using?, I know about how to find what paint is best for the barrel. What i guess I want to find out is whats the god barrel for my gun. Also why not 14 inch?

PyRo
12-19-2001, 01:59 PM
Accuracy isn't effected past 11.5in or so. A 14in barrel is just a waste of gas, and its long.