PDA

View Full Version : Is soccer cleats ok for speedball?

RavishingEddie
04-20-2006, 11:47 AM
I was wondering if it is ok to wear soccer cleats for speedball or if anyone has wore them to a carpet floor speedball arena. The reason I ask is because I am not sure if I should buy turf shoes for paintball or if I should just wear my old soccer shoes sitting in my closet. Will the the size of the cleats make a difference? Oh an they are Umbro, if that matters :confused:

paintman1142
04-20-2006, 12:18 PM
yeah, as long as they are not metal cleats, personally i wear my sprinting shoes from track back in high school for carpet fields, but i have to take out the metal spikes in those, but there are a lot of little plastic spikes built into those. On truf i use my soccer cleats and they work great. Football cleats work as well, and same with baseball, baseball have the toe cleat which gives you an extra push off the break, lets you dig in more on turf and woodchips. the rougher the field the bigger the cleat you want to use.

magman007
04-20-2006, 01:36 PM
i <3 my ATC's

jdev
04-20-2006, 01:38 PM
i <3 my ATC's

shut your hole wang chung.

we know you love driving to the field while wearing your ATCs in your MAZDA. we get it.

<3

:)

Lohman446
04-20-2006, 01:39 PM
My ATC's did not hold up well, I went and looked at the cleats at a sporting goods store, picked one with a pattern I thought would work and plastic cleats (no metal of course) and am much happier with them at less than half the price.

Thordic
04-20-2006, 01:47 PM
Uhm, studded outdoor cleats on a carpeted field is just asking to bust your ***.

Soccer cleats are great for speedball outdoors due to thier light weight, IMO.

Indoors, get turf shoes or wear sneakers or you'll spend half the match on your back.

WaffleBaron
04-20-2006, 02:10 PM
Spikeless golf shoes are also a good option.

mobsterboy
04-20-2006, 05:46 PM
no, they is not ok...
They ARE ok for speedball

PnueMagger
04-20-2006, 05:58 PM
Soccer cleats are never good for anything. They are for, cough cough ... ***s. Paintball is never to be associated with a *** sport

jenarelJAM
04-20-2006, 06:07 PM
what *** are you referring to? ^^^the only 3 letter curse i know is arse, but that doesn't make your sentence work.

I use $20 soccer cleats for anything dirt/grass etc, since there is only one turf/indoor field in my area, and I've only been there once. Before I go back, I'm going to get something better for it, it was really slimy there, really hard to run without slipping.

scrumpy
04-20-2006, 06:17 PM
what *** are you referring to? ^^^the only 3 letter curse i know is arse, but that doesn't make your sentence work.

I'm pretty sure that the three letter word he's using starts with a "G" and ends with "ay", though I don't share the same view. Soccer is sweet.

RavishingEddie
04-20-2006, 06:28 PM
Well, I have plastic soccer cleats and they were used for turf and grass. The speedball arena is outdoor but carpet floor. No woodchips or dirt.

PnueMagger
04-20-2006, 07:53 PM
I'm pretty sure that the three letter word he's using starts with a "G" and ends with "ay", though I don't share the same view. Soccer is sweet.

no it starts with a F and ends w/ a AG. :tard:

mobsterboy
04-20-2006, 08:23 PM
obviously pneumagger never had big enough balls to play soccer, so he joined the ranks of "Small-Balled Airsoft wussies who paint their mags pink"

tyrion2323
04-20-2006, 08:27 PM
Unfortunately, Soccer Cleats have been banned from the NPPL, NEPL, CFOA and PSP. Most fields don't allow them.

Only ballerina slippers or clown shoes are allowed.

PnueMagger
04-21-2006, 09:55 AM
obviously pneumagger never had big enough balls to play soccer, so he joined the ranks of "Small-Balled Airsoft wussies who paint their mags pink"

Or I actually played football in the NCAA and earned conference honors at defensive end in addition to playing collegiate Basaeball as the catcher.

BTW - soccer cleats would be fine. I often wear football cleats or steel baseball cleats at woodsball places. Indoor fields or outdoor airball fields may not allow for this just incase you put a hole in a bunker.

WaffleBaron
04-21-2006, 11:07 AM
Or I actually played football in the NCAA and earned conference honors at defensive end in addition to playing collegiate Basaeball as the catcher.

Well see, he's right. Soccer balls are bigger than footballs and baseballs.

PnueMagger
04-21-2006, 11:51 AM
Well see, he's right. Soccer balls are bigger than footballs and baseballs.

hehe, lmao.
wow, that comment made my day...Touché!

slade
04-21-2006, 02:04 PM
Unfortunately, Soccer Cleats have been banned from the NPPL, NEPL, CFOA and PSP. Most fields don't allow them.

Only ballerina slippers or clown shoes are allowed.
wait... what??

please tell me football cleats are okay. i play outdoors in football cleats in the NEPL, and ill be playing the NPPL this summer.

Lohman446
04-21-2006, 02:23 PM
wait... what??

please tell me football cleats are okay. i play outdoors in football cleats in the NEPL, and ill be playing the NPPL this summer.

LMAO. Read the entire post again before you take part of it too seriously

slade
04-21-2006, 02:43 PM
LMAO. Read the entire post again before you take part of it too seriously
dammit... who would have guessed that id be the one to not pick up on sarcasm.

i was skimming the thread fast :(

(yes, i realize that that was redundant. deal.)

Nate129
04-21-2006, 03:01 PM
Football, baseball, soccer, and basketball all take ONE ball to play.

Paintball takes a lot more balls than that.

:cool:

Please don't take me TOO seriously.

SCpoloRicker
04-21-2006, 03:29 PM
shut your hole wang chung.

we know you love driving to the field while wearing your ATCs in your MAZDA. we get it.

http://img367.imageshack.us/img367/3251/owllol1fg.jpg

/Thanks to ImageShack for Free Image Hosting (http://imageshack.us)

Kyle.Kimber
04-22-2006, 09:52 AM
I use my indoor soccer cleats. They fly, son. They give me that metro fabulous look I'm into.

Ishootyouinthewoods
04-22-2006, 03:09 PM
Molded cleats...preferably high tops. They give me support and traction. :D

Lohman446
04-22-2006, 06:08 PM
No.. they are not.

I just talked to Nike - they insisted that for the 05 season you must buy seperate cleats for baseball, football, and soccer. They noted that changes for the 06 season require you to buy new cleats specifically branded for each sport you play in. They expect the same changes in 07 :D