PDA

View Full Version : Codes during play

RavishingEddie
04-20-2006, 06:18 PM
Ok I have a question for all you super cool pb players. Me and my friends have formed a team of 6 and we play constantly. Well, I am actually borrowing a cheap A5 until I finish building my Emag. Anyway I am trying to figure out form of communication. What do you guys use? I head 40 50 and so forth. I guess that determines yardage, but what do you guys use for specific locations? Is there a book or site I can read to look into this?

grEnAlEins
04-20-2006, 06:22 PM
people name bunker shapes (eg dorito, carwash, standup etc) other people use row/column codes by naming based on grid points (eg 1-2, 5-4)

rkjunior303
04-20-2006, 06:26 PM
Biggest thing is keeping an accurate count. We use 5-5, 5-4, 5-3, etc.

Then bunker positions.. Mainly we just use: Right 40 DORITO, Left 30 Can, Etc.

Flash Left 40 Dorito means to concentrate on that position

Knuckle , Knuckle 2, etc. Snake knuckle moving from the 0 to 50yr line

Box # - Elimination without knowing the count

Inquisition - Push up and clear the field

Blackhawk - Gun Down

Bruce Almighty - Gun up

Spankin' It - Reloading

Be creative..

Lohman446
04-20-2006, 06:29 PM
LOL... My team has a series of calls power left, power right ,and a lot of things that each person is supposed to do on them. Without a doubt my weakest point is communication, generally I just do whatever well they work as a team to cope with whatever I do. It works better than you would think. The 30 / 40 / 50 are rough ideas on the field of depth, left, right, center. Normally the calls become left 30 dorito - it gives you an idea where to look and what to look for and avoids the "yeh, I was trying to figure out what you were calling a Volkswagon" discussions at the end.

topazpaintball
04-20-2006, 06:34 PM
we don't use any special ones, but one of my favorites is used by Dynasty

"AFLAC!!!" no clue what it means thoguh

buzzboy
04-20-2006, 07:13 PM
My team is very blunt. We yell stuff like "he is moving to the snake, shoot at him". Or "I am moving up, cover for me". It seems to work fine. Most of the time we even use real names and the words painted on the bunkers.