PDA

View Full Version : Pro-teams FX sleeper Autococker

Bonx0007
12-18-2001, 03:37 PM
I was checking a few sites and these seemed to be decently priced. Does anyone know anything about these guns.LMK. I might end up getting one.

Puddleglum
12-18-2001, 03:43 PM
There's a used one at my shop for $480.00, nice little Cocker.

Maghog
12-18-2001, 03:44 PM
the sleepers are really nicely setup, good priced cockers. The only thing that is senseless is the powerfeed. Cockers don't need that....or vertical feed for that matter.

nutz
12-18-2001, 03:44 PM
best advice i can give u is that u get what u pay for... sorry i have never shot or used one of these but i know they are not expensive

Bonx0007
12-18-2001, 03:58 PM
is it true that they have sto pneumatics?

kenshinkandon
12-19-2001, 08:20 AM
Yes it is basicly a minicocker with STO pneumatics and a cool anno job with milling it is the same with the nickel STO they have nothing different other than cosmetics

Webmaster
12-19-2001, 09:30 AM
"best advice i can give u is that u get what u pay for... "

generally true - but cockers are SUCH a HUGE racket! I mean really! the parts are not that expensive bulk. Basically you pay for the ano and milling. Now on a custom mill job its worth it. I can BELIEVE the prices people like KAPP and other charge for thier cockers! Yeah the milling is cool - but its all CNC - once you design it once, you push a button and away you go - blurt - heres a hunderd bodies!

Anyway... a cocker is a cocker is a cocker. People spend $$$$ on a cocker only to turn around and spend $$$ on new parts for it. Its STUPID and worthless! Look at some NPPL pics in magazines! ALOT of players use STOCK pnuematics! (gasp) except for the palmer rock.

anyway - end rant - the sleepers I have seen and Are pretty nice for the money.

covadsucks
12-19-2001, 10:22 AM
Webmaster is all butthurt over the whole cocker issue...Jeez man. Lighten Up. Let the man decide for himself.
I bought a cocker first then a mag, while my first autococker was problematic, the STO cocker i currently shoot has given me the same reliability as my Mag, and I have swapped out my own pnuematics, and installed a hinge trigger...the whole nine. It's a good gun, but the Pro Teams powerfeed is unecessary...Vertical Feed is a definite plus for a cocker...much better balance and less of a "hopper hit target".

Webmaster
12-19-2001, 10:26 AM
I own a cocker and (dont tell tom) but I still love it ;o) Its not an Emag - but they are fun to mess around with. It just pains me to see people spend good money on a "name" or a "look" - when its just a waste of money. Im not saying the guy who wants to put in the $$$ for a specific look - but they guy spending $$$ because he thinks its the "best".

covadsucks
12-19-2001, 11:57 AM
I would agree, but a Pro Teams Sleeper isn't the best of the mid range customs by any means. I would have to suggest an ANS Chaos 3 Cocker for that. But I love my STO. I bought mine for the simple fact that the body was already milled out, lightening it by a 1/3rd of my previous cocker, has a removeable feed neck, for my hi-rise, It's smooth as silk right out of the box, WGP 11" barrel is dead accurate...like shooting darts, and the fact that it can run as low as the Black Magic in terms of pressure. My cocker runs around 200-215 psi comfortably.
But you are right, it's not a mag by any means. It's way too easy to short stroke, a pain to time, and a ***** to clean.

mykroft
12-19-2001, 03:48 PM
Personally I'm not a big fan of PTP stuff, the powerfeed is useless (a properly timed cocker has a mild bit of suction as opposed to blowback),

As to pneumatics, the stock ones are good, the STO ones are killer, and the aftermarket parts are in between, some like the palmer stuff is as good as the STO, others aren't, note that the Evo and Eclipse cockers use an STO front block for a reason.

The Sleeper F/X isn't bad, but it has one big disadvantage, it doesn't take standard sized bolts.

For the uninitiated, there are 3 basic cocker bolts: pre 2K length (longest), 2k length, and 99 STO length (Shortest, all but impossible to find anymore). Most P-Block cockers take STO bolts, F/X's have a shorter bolt that needs to be custom modified, at least on the pre-2K ones, (Haven't seen a 2K based one yet)