PDA

View Full Version : I sent my zgrip off to go on the subway diet!

Arstron
04-21-2006, 08:48 AM
My zgrip was sent off last week to an AO Machinist (I will let him post here when he is ready) for some TLC. She has since gone threw a very worth while diet and has dropped from 11.5 ounces (with trigger and safety but no grips), down to 6.5 ounces (weighted the same way). For a comparison, this frame is now .3 ounces heavier then a stock intelliframe (1.8 ounces heavier then rogues ULE), and 1.4 ounces heavier then the Chimera (The trigger frame weights came from TMS and I am going off of the frames with no grips and after market triggers). The frame will be getting a new set of grips as well since the old grips don't fit her anymore.

I just thought I would share this with everyone, I am sure there are some zgrip users that will be interested in this. There are a couple other things being done, but I will let everyone wait to hear about it. ;) :dance: :dance:

Cow hunter
04-21-2006, 09:41 AM
its been talked about the Z grips losing some of their weight, they are quite hefty. im glad someone actually got around to doing it

paintman1142
04-21-2006, 11:29 AM
pics?

luke
04-21-2006, 12:04 PM
pics?

Prices and pictures comming as soon as I finish the panels.

This Z-ule does require "Zgrip only panels" (which will also be ULEd)

I also have a prototype blade trigger done for the Z, watch for the production trigger comming soon...

:cheers:

grEnAlEins
04-21-2006, 12:22 PM
I also have a prototype blade trigger done for the Z, watch for the production trigger comming soon...
Will they be produced in raw? If so I am in for sure (who am I kidding, I am in for sure anyways ;) ). I still love my Z panels and the 15*FGX, B E A utiful work! :headbang: :hail:

I really would love a blade... [begins to day-dream]

EDIT: \/\/\/ I will await their debut!

luke
04-21-2006, 01:47 PM
Will be available in blue-black-red- or raw. :)

Arstron
04-21-2006, 05:58 PM
I am pretty excited about getting all my parts back, I cant wait to try this out. I was excited about the fact I would have a zgrip with trigger stops, a sear mod, and a classic valve with a ULT. Now that I know that I will have the lightest zgrip ever, I feel like a kid waiting on christmas! :dance:

As for pictures, I will have plenty of nice pictures and you will be able to see some on either this or next months Mag of the month. ;)

bentothejam1n
04-21-2006, 08:12 PM
another reason why i wish i could go to the ao-mo

Arstron
04-21-2006, 08:53 PM
another reason why i wish i could go to the ao-mo

I would like to get it back for ao:mo, but I told luke to take his time so I'm not holding my breath. although he has gotten a lot done in a short time. :cheers:

luke
04-21-2006, 11:17 PM
When is AO-MO?

Arstron
04-22-2006, 08:03 AM
Its next saturday, the 29th. We have quiet a few goos pwoplw showing up. I found an old dragun frame that I forgot I had modified that I'm going to use for it.

luke
04-22-2006, 09:46 AM
I really don't think it will be ready, sorry. :(

Arstron
04-22-2006, 12:03 PM
I really don't think it will be ready, sorry. :(

Not a problem at all, I will rock my dragun-mag and my splatmaster!! :dance: :dance:

luke
04-22-2006, 01:52 PM
OK, the "CFL" Z-panels are done, here are the offical weights:

Z-grip only (no panels, no saftey, no trigger) 6.2 oz.

CFL Z-grip panels: (aluminum) 2.3 oz. (That is 1.15 oz. each ;) )

ULE milled back.
http://www.lukescustoms.com/cfl-panels-back.JPG

You can't see in the pictures, but these are round across the face, nice and comfy..
http://www.lukescustoms.com/cfl-panels-mounted.JPG

ULE milled frame.
This frame has some additional ule milling that can't been seen in the picture.
It is still very strong and there is NO give or flex in the frame at all...
http://www.lukescustoms.com/cfl-panels-milling.JPG

lukescustoms.com (http://www.lukescustoms.com/page0026.htm)

Arstron
04-22-2006, 07:10 PM
I love how those grips look on there and there is SO much room inside that frame! It looks like you could fit everything in there, even the kitchen sink! :dance:

I will have plenty of room for my pneu-zgrip! :dance:

st6212
04-22-2006, 07:36 PM
Hmmm....noid, capacitor, switch, pred board, 9v Battery. Yep should all fit. ;)

mobsterboy
04-22-2006, 09:05 PM
hmm, well my hyperframe prefers Quiznos... :rolleyes: Go figure

LinearGoose
04-22-2006, 09:16 PM
I think it looks good and light but i just dont like the grip panels covering up the AGD Logo on it, also the z-grip letters on the bottom.But other that that stuff I would probably send mine it when I get some green. Nice work :clap:

luke
04-23-2006, 10:35 AM
but i just dont like the grip panels covering up the AGD Logo on it, also the z-grip letters on the bottom.

:) I think after you pick one up, you wouldn't care any more. :)

Dark Frost17
04-23-2006, 11:29 AM
:wow:
very clean looking!!!! sweet job......
but what about Y-Frames?

luke
04-23-2006, 12:53 PM
Dark Frost17
but what about Y-Frames
Sure, I don't see why not. ;)