PDA

View Full Version : Which upgrade

olsoluk
04-21-2006, 12:43 PM
I have a classic automag with an expansion chamber and a 14 in all american barrel, i am looking to upgrade, i was wondering if i should get the intelliframe (is this the best frame i can get?), x-valve(or just level ten bolt) , or ule body. i have a very low budget (college kid)

thanks alot

ABTOCMEPTb
04-21-2006, 12:46 PM
Well non of your future upgrades are cheap.

Perhaps lvl 10 is the cheapest.

I would suggest to collect some funds and buy new marker all together. Its also gonna be cheaper than adding one part at the time.

olsoluk
04-21-2006, 12:49 PM
Well non of your future upgrades are cheap.

Perhaps lvl 10 is the cheapest.

I would suggest to collect some funds and buy new marker all together. Its also gonna be cheaper than adding one part at the time.

ya that makes sense but i kinda like to start at a basic marker and work it into a really nice one thats why i bought the marker to begin with

ABTOCMEPTb
04-21-2006, 01:04 PM
What about this x-chamber? Do you use CO2?

olsoluk
04-21-2006, 01:18 PM
:tard: i used to, and thats how i bought the gun, but i have HPA now

Mescalito
04-21-2006, 01:25 PM
lvl 10 bolt is great if you shoot fast and dont have a revy. inteliframe is great too, but its not the best frame IMO. As far as frames are considered you do have a lot of choices, inteli, logic UMF & vert, chimera, y frame if thats your thing. When its all said and done it comes down to one thing, personal preference. See if you can try different styles before you buy to see what you want. Another thing to consider would be picking up a barrel kit of some sort. The ULE bodies are great but a "non-esential" upgrade for you at this point in time i think.

geekwarrior
04-21-2006, 01:27 PM
i would look for an rt valve with lvl 10 or an xvalve. The rt's can be found for under $160, and that is probably the best performance part to get. Than maybe an intelliframe, and last a ule body. :shooting:

olsoluk
04-22-2006, 12:46 PM
alright that helps alot, thanks guys

Dryden
04-22-2006, 12:57 PM
I have a classic automag with an expansion chamber and a 14 in all american barrel, i am looking to upgrade, i was wondering if i should get the intelliframe (is this the best frame i can get?), x-valve(or just level ten bolt) , or ule body. i have a very low budget (college kid)

thanks alotFor price/performance, I think the best bang for your buck right now is look for either 1) a used ReTro Valve with the Level 10 already installed, it'll save you money vs the X-Valve considering they'll perform similarly or 2) A used Level 10 kit and a used Intelliframe.

The ReTro is a good compromise between the weights of the stainless classic valves and the Xs.

Pick up the ULE body last. Remember, a hidden cost in the ULE body is that you'll also have to replace all your barrels, since they're different threads.