PDA

View Full Version : Toys for Adults, well sort of adult anyway..

Recon by Fire
04-21-2006, 11:51 PM
Look what I have on its way to me:
http://nas4.atlanta.gbhinc.com/GB/045109000/45109336/pix827123532.jpg
Arsenal AK-47 SAM-7A1

They are a bit hard to locate due to limited numbers and availability but this one will be mine. CNC milled receiver, built in the US for the Bulgarian army. This is the before pic, an after pic will come after I "fix" it :) Bwhahahha!

Automaggot68
04-21-2006, 11:59 PM
Nice find, dont forget to hold it sideways at the range.

billybob_81067
04-22-2006, 12:03 AM
Hahahaha... you said adult and toys in the same breath...

:ninja:

Automaggot68
04-22-2006, 12:05 AM
Hahahaha... you said adult and toys in the same breath...

:ninja:

Hope we didn't get your hopes up, slappy.

billybob_81067
04-22-2006, 12:18 AM

Nope... sorry.

:rolleyes:

sisco87
04-22-2006, 01:59 AM
Haha :rofl: That made me laugh..

And awesome gun too. Bet that thing would be fun to shoot. :shooting:

Maksimus54
04-22-2006, 04:35 AM
Sweet, I just bought a Norinco Mak 90 (chinese ak47) and man are they cool. Can't wait to get some real time and ammo and just destroy some stuff.

Lohman446
04-22-2006, 08:28 AM
Sweet, I just bought a Norinco Mak 90 (chinese ak47) and man are they cool. Can't wait to get some real time and ammo and just destroy some stuff.

LMAO.. and you wonder how non gun owners get the wrong impression?

teufelhunden
04-22-2006, 10:09 AM
LMAO.. and you wonder how non gun owners get the wrong impression?

at least the words infants/toddlers/children were left out

/makes you want to punch a baby

kosmo
04-22-2006, 10:36 AM
What else are guns for besides destroying things?

topazpaintball
04-22-2006, 10:44 AM

Um, duh... shooting things :rolleyes:

ahellers
04-22-2006, 10:51 AM
i got nervus when i read "adult toys" :wow: . but yeah
nice gun, enjoy.
t

teufelhunden
04-22-2006, 11:19 AM

FOR PISTOL WHIPPING.

and a rifle stock to the bridge of the nose.

Maksimus54
04-22-2006, 11:49 AM
Actually when I said "stuff" I meant toddlers, infants are no fun because they don't move quite as fast. Besides, infants are much better tasting, I wouldn't want to ruin the meat with any bullets, my kabar usually does the job just fine....

WaffleBaron
04-22-2006, 11:59 AM

Good for keeping the unwanted riff raff away from your porch/daughter/livestock.

kosmo
04-22-2006, 01:01 PM
Im not sure why exactly, but putting "daugher/livestock" together like that just makes me think of three-wheelers.

Automaggot68
04-22-2006, 01:02 PM
Im not sure why exactly, but putting "daugher/livestock" together like that just makes me think of three-wheelers.

Oh man.
You just took him to pain school on the burn bus.

SCpoloRicker
04-22-2006, 05:04 PM
I'm still waiting on my 3 WHLY? gif, you slackers.

/I don't get the AK thing :confused:
//PORCH!

Mescalito
04-22-2006, 05:33 PM
7.62 X 39 raufus rounds + computer monitors = good showing

etjoyride
04-22-2006, 11:51 PM
Very nice, not the biggest fan of AK's, but that one is not bad. I'm sure it will be very fun.

Recon by Fire
04-24-2006, 02:04 AM
I added a bit more to my order tonight: new pistol grip; vertical foregrip; top and bottom handguards with rails; 6 Bulgarian 30 round waffle magazines; Bulgarian bayonet; 2 cases of ammo courtesy of the Tula ammunition factory in Russia.

I will throw a red dot or EOTech I have on it for now.

Nicholas Cage and I are going to the range later...hmm....75 or 100 round drum mag too? LOL
:shooting:

...and i'm deducting it on my taxes! :cheers:

Steelrat
04-24-2006, 05:54 PM
I think AK style guns look better without all that extra crap put on. Frankly, the picture at the top is perfect, I wouldn't change a thing. It's never going to be a precision shooter or great tactical rifle, so you might as well leave it the way it is, so it can be a good plinker.

Lohman446
04-24-2006, 06:03 PM
I think AK style guns look better without all that extra crap put on. Frankly, the picture at the top is perfect, I wouldn't change a thing. It's never going to be a precision shooter or great tactical rifle, so you might as well leave it the way it is, so it can be a good plinker.

Considering where he is at and his job, I doubt he intends it as a simple plinker.

Recon by Fire
04-24-2006, 11:03 PM
Typiclly you are not going to be using your own weapons (although there actually a few exceptions) but for the most part, the closest you can get away with is taking your own M4 upper and swapping lowers and bolts. All the toys are provided :) So yeah, it is pretty much for personal use at home. :ninja:

Vex
04-25-2006, 05:17 AM
Nicholas Cage and I are going to the range later...
Umm, explain?

Warewolf50
04-25-2006, 09:49 AM
Umm, explain?

Maybe refering to the movie gods of war?

Recon by Fire
04-25-2006, 08:26 PM
Lord of War :) Mr. Cage gives a nice little speach concerning the AK-47.

At a minimum though, the pistol grip has to go. Although they work and feel fine when you are shooting, I just don't like the standard AK grip. I will either keep the synthetic NATO stock or maybe a fixed skeleton stock if I can find one.

Steelrat
04-25-2006, 08:32 PM
Considering where he is at and his job, I doubt he intends it as a simple plinker.

No one in their right mind does what he does with an AK, if they can help it. The AK has never been a precision weapon. Its all about durability and simplicity. For anyone that can maintain a weapon, the M16 family is a better choice.

SCpoloRicker
04-25-2006, 08:40 PM
No one in their right mind does what he does with an AK, if they can help it. The AK has never been a precision weapon. Its all about durability and simplicity. For anyone that can maintain a weapon, the M16 family is a better choice.

I was sort of wondering about that...

Ishootyouinthewoods
04-25-2006, 09:17 PM
What state are you in? I live in Jersey and the "Athorities" frown upon such weapons. I used to live in FL and all I have to say is Class 3 Permit........

HOMELANDEFENDER
04-25-2006, 10:51 PM
What state are you in? I live in Jersey and the "Athorities" frown upon such weapons. I used to live in FL and all I have to say is Class 3 Permit........

Not true -- Union County NJ resident -- BATF legal AR15's -- mine:

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y24/HOMELANDEFENDER/AR.jpg

... And you can own a version of his AK here as well. http://www.impactguns.com/store/arsenal.html

HLD...

Recon by Fire
04-26-2006, 01:56 AM
I love that bottom AR there, HLD! Izzy break and skeleton stock :) Send it to me!!!! Do you have to abide by any silly restrictions with it in Nj like the CA 10 round ammo junk???

HOMELANDEFENDER
04-26-2006, 06:05 AM
Yes actually -- but not as bad as CA. We're allowed to have a standard removable magazine no larger in capacity than 10 rounds. It was 15 very recently, but the NJ State Police is rolling that number back to 10. Must have a 16" overall barrel length and no folding/tele stock. I'm fairly certain CA must have a fixed magazine only for rifles.

On the subject of AK's --- I too was real close to getting the SAM-7 or the Krebs Custom KTR-03S (first choice) but I don't trust the 10 round mags available for AK's sold by the aftermarket, so I went AR15 only.

The modern AK and their variants are high quality. Much less slop as compared with the original Soviet Com Bloc mass produced versions. The AK manufactured here in the US are all very good shooters out to 200 yrds for home defense if you live out in Gods country. But because of where I live, I had to consider a lighter round --- homes very close together. Incase of a SHTF scenario, the AK 7.62x39mm round would be capable of going through trees, cars , walls , ect ... tooo much penetration for my liking in NJ. Put me in rural PA or New Hampshire and I'd consider getting one for that type of duty. My Dept here is currently adding AR's to our fleet alongside the shot gun for a great ability now to choose the right weapon for long or short range needs.

Krebs KTR - O3S : http://www.krebscustom.com/KalashnikovRifles.html

Good luck with your new AK BTW -- nice piece.

HLD...

Steelrat
04-26-2006, 06:24 AM

I don't think its a select fire weapon, but even if it is, there is really no such thing as a "class 3 permit." To purchase an NFA weapon, all you really need to do is fill out a BATF Form 4, have the local police chief sign it, and then send it in.

Target Practice
04-26-2006, 10:32 AM

Hey, mouthbreather, lemme clue you in.

THERE IS NO GODDAMN SUCH THING AS A CLASS 3 PERMIT.

Edit:

I don't think its a select fire weapon, but even if it is, there is really no such thing as a "class 3 permit." To purchase an NFA weapon, all you really need to do is fill out a BATF Form 4, have the local police chief sign it, and then send it in.
Beaten by Steelrat.

billybob_81067
04-26-2006, 03:43 PM
Hey, mouthbreather, lemme clue you in.

THERE IS NO GODDAMN SUCH THING AS A CLASS 3 PERMIT.

I see you're still just as pleasant and positive as you were yesterday...

:tard:

SCpoloRicker
04-26-2006, 05:03 PM
I see you're still just as pleasant and positive as you were yesterday...

:tard:

We're prickly in states with less than 3 90* corners.

/I work for Class 3 permits, so I'm really getting a kick out of a lot of these replies.
//obvious (hopefully)

Recon by Fire
04-26-2006, 08:08 PM
There is always a lot of confussion about the tax stamps being confused as permits. Most people just don't deal with these laws, so there is the confusion.

I like that Krebs KTR - O3S too! I would have easily made it a consideration for purchase. I was also considering a VEPR. But the SAM-7 was my first choice and I found one :) My wife told me that the ammo I ordered arrived at home today (1 day shipping from CheaperThanDirt!). Just as I thought, she was rather unhappy with me because of the weight! LOL

Now I just need my zombies banned in Texas shirt..... :rofl: