PDA

View Full Version : will a rebuild help?

buzzboy
04-22-2006, 07:45 AM
I have an old valve that is acting very [alternate gender preference]ish. After trying everything in the book to stop a leak I decided to ask and Army gave me a good answer saying that I probalby need a new piston assy.

My question, would it be worth my while to just send the valve back to agd for one of my free rebuilds. It is a very old 68 micromag valve with 3 stars.

buzzboy
04-24-2006, 07:56 PM
Someone? Anyone? Everyone? Nobody? Just me? Thanks? I guess?

Z-man
04-24-2006, 08:06 PM
I would. You still have your stars so it's not going ot cost much. Get everything tuned up, made fresh and ready to play, do it.

buzzboy
04-24-2006, 08:20 PM
I thought with stars it was a free rebuild? Or are you talking about me paying shipping both ways? That isn't a problem. I just want to have a backup valve.

Z-man
04-24-2006, 09:15 PM
I thought with stars it was a free rebuild? Or are you talking about me paying shipping both ways? That isn't a problem. I just want to have a backup valve.

Yes they will repair the valve and replace the parts for free but you still have shipping time and of course the time the marker is gone at ADG. If you send off the marker it might be wise to look at any other upgrades (if any) that you might want because you can have them all installed there at the factory.

buzzboy
04-25-2006, 06:03 AM
nah, its just a spare valve that I want to have a backup. i think this will happen. THanks for the help.