PDA

View Full Version : Top 10 PB Companies

DarkMag722
04-22-2006, 01:21 PM
List what you think is the 10 best paintball companies. Wether its AGD, Empire, Smart Parts, etc. Your top 10 paintball companies. For any PB product not just guns. List.

[Not in order]
Smartparts :cry: sry but its true
AGD
WGP
Kingman
Planet Eclipse
Diablo
Empire
Dye
ICD
Boblong

grEnAlEins
04-22-2006, 01:57 PM
In no order

AGD
Evil/PMI
DYE
SP (yeah I know)
Tippmann
Empire
Diablo
PB Junkies
JT
Monsterball (I do not know if this is its own company, but it is great budget paint)

I don't know if these places are what you mean, but they would top my list
Lukescustoms (awsome work!)
Tunamart (great prices on everything AGD)
Themagsmith/RPG (nice stuff)
Logic (those frames look sweet, but I have no experience with anything from there)

pachytriton
04-22-2006, 02:08 PM
AGD
DYE/Proto
Empire
CCI
MacDev
Planet Eclipse
Diablo (paint)
CP
JT (pants)
Vforce

No real order, I only listed diablo because of good experiences with their paint and jt for their team pants.

Confused+Paintball=Broke
04-22-2006, 02:36 PM
In no real order, just what i think are the top 10;

Tippmann
AGD
WDP
PMI
CCI
WGP
Empire
Kingman
Smart Parts
ICD

thefool
04-22-2006, 02:41 PM
there really arnt that many around
companies that make markers probably number under 20

magsRus
04-22-2006, 02:52 PM
Planet Eclipse
WGP
DYE
JT USA
Kingman
Smart Parts
National Paintball Supply
Diablo
PMI
CP

robert_marleau
04-22-2006, 03:01 PM
heres just a list
eclips
dye
ego
tiberius
wgp
timmy
tippman
angel
the worst gun are spyders Piss on thhem

punkncat
04-22-2006, 03:16 PM
I would be willing to bet that these companies are among the top 10 in sales...

Kingman
Tippmann
Brass Eagle/WGP/K2 (aren't they all the same nowdays)
Smart Parts (especially since so many pay licenseing fees to them)
(like) Dye
(and) Indian Creek Designs

Around here you rarely see anything else. I would say that Spyders or their clones and Tippmann easily makes up 80% of the market in this area, if not more.

topazpaintball
04-22-2006, 03:36 PM
I'm suprised no one said CCM

buzzboy
04-22-2006, 04:28 PM
heres just a list
eclips
dye
ego
tiberius
wgp
timmy
tippman
angel
the worst gun are spyders Piss on thhem
um, ego's are made by Eclipse, just FYI

No order:
agd
pps
cci
ccm
icd
wgp
wgd
AKALMP
Dye
Crossfire (You never said just gun makers)

Teamslayer76
04-22-2006, 04:46 PM
There are really only two "big" ones. Thats K2, and DYE.

Indignant
04-22-2006, 04:54 PM
DYE
Empire
WGP
Eclipse
AKA
SP (hate to admit it, but they are a powerhouse)
BL
WDP
Diablo
VL/JT

Indignant
04-22-2006, 04:55 PM
There are really only two "big" ones. Thats K2, and DYE.

NPS? That's the biggest of 'em all. Is that owned by K2 too?

Baby Huey
04-22-2006, 05:42 PM
1)Smart Parts
2)Crossfire
3)CP
4)AGD
5)Critical PB
6)Dye

WaffleBaron
04-22-2006, 06:05 PM
Monsterball (I do not know if this is its own company, but it is great budget paint)

I believe Monster Balls are Brass Eagle.

grEnAlEins
04-22-2006, 06:11 PM
I believe Monster Balls are Brass Eagle.
No kiddin' :confused: Huh, did not know that... They shoot waaaaay better than BE paints usually do. Last time I used them, they shot better than the Marbs I bought (horrible batch)

RapidTransit
04-23-2006, 11:27 AM
Surprised no one has mentioned MacDev

shorty24
04-23-2006, 11:35 AM
AGD
RPG
CP
Evil
WGP
WDP
SP
WWA
Logic
TPI

/my favs in no particular order...

mag88888
04-23-2006, 11:56 AM
agd
sp
dye/proto
angel
empire
tippmann
evil
planet eclipse
indian creek
kingman

Cow hunter
04-23-2006, 12:15 PM
Surprised no one has mentioned MacDev
pachytriton did.....

Kevmaster
04-23-2006, 02:33 PM
NPS? That's the biggest of 'em all. Is that owned by K2 too?

BE/K2, DYE, SP, Tippmann, Kingman and NPS are the bar-none largest companies in the industry. Nobody comes close in the realm of market manufacture. However, only K2 is a public company--and so they're the only ones who publish their earnings. So we only know K2's profit and can only speculate at the other 5's. That said, I would bet that BE & Co is larger than anyone elses...as they've made gross revenue over $100m for the past 3-4 years and profits in teh range of $10-$15m during that same period.

ttink
04-23-2006, 03:55 PM
AGD
AKALMP
Kingman
Crossfire
Empire
Veiwloader
WGP
JT
Diablo
SP

In no particular order of course ;)

Cow hunter
04-23-2006, 04:33 PM
AKALMP
AGD
WDP
Crossfire
empire
viewloader
dye
evil
planet eclipse
WWA

Stealth Fighter
04-23-2006, 04:51 PM
Quality and Customer Service wise:

1. AGD
2. Odyssey
3. Tippmann
4. Dye
5. Evil
6. JT
7. WDP
8. ICD
9. Smart Parts
10. WGP

Financially

1. Smart Parts
2. Brasseagle > ...................
3. Tippmann > ..................... I know what your thinking, but these four make fortunes
4. Kingman > ...................... from Wal-Mart
5. PMI > ..............................
6. AGD
7. Dye
8. JT
9. WDP
10. ICD

m-a-r-k-7
04-23-2006, 04:53 PM
PPS
AGD
AKA
CCI
Tippmann
SP
ICD
Empire
Custom Products
New Designs

No real order to speek of

mobsterboy
04-23-2006, 05:05 PM
DYE-The matrix marker series, the masks, gearbags, barrels, shoes, jersies, pants, gloves, beanies, tshirts, what angel was a couple years ago...dye is now. dye is everywhere.
SmartParts-Ions, i think that just saying that earns them the 2nd spot. Ions now outnumber DM's and they are used often as rentals. Along with their superfluous product line (IE: Shocker(shoebox), Imp, new Shocker, Nerve(revamped Imp), SP8(tactical ion), Ion)
WDP- I mean holy crap guys. These ppl come out with 5 models a year. You have the speed, the fly speed, the g7 the g7 fly, the gat, the mamba speed, the avalanche g7, you get the point. If they didnt release so many dang guns, they'd be on top market-wise, but when your 200Trillion speed is now "not as new as....(insert newer model here)" the agg kiddies dont value yours as much, so it is now worth less than what you'd want to part with it for)
Planet Eclipse-Talk about a huge market here. They sold sear tripping solenoid powered triggerframes for years, and im talking YEARS People! They could be worse than Microsoft, in that their "E2" frame was only "better" by having longer battery life, better eyes, and MAYBE some modes. Zero B was released, which supported ramping, firing modes and firing caps, so that kinda saved them. Now they are kinda following in WDP's footsteps, the ego, the mantis ego, the "all new 06 ego"(looked the same in my opinion. maybe it lost 9 oz??? Cool milling?) Not to mention their eclipse frames, jersies, pants, gloves, autocockers. These guys are pretty much whats kept cockers alive for so long.
WGP-We're talking cocker craze here ppl. Whats the first thing a noob wants when he thinks "speedball"? A cocker. Ive narrowed it down to that backblock(its pretty sweet until it pops you in the face if you dont have a beavertail). Cockers have sold more over any other gun IN ITS PRICERANGE. With the low pressure rage, these were beasts.
Indian Creek Designs-from their old pumps to their new freestyle, ICD has tried to keep up. They've seemed to do pretty well, but they hide in the shadows for the most part. They have their $300 somethign "high end tourney gun", their "HE bolt, super efficient" Freestyles, heck, when Imp's were out, the BKO and Bushmaster series was competing with them(i think ICD came out with theirs first). I suppose they could be a lot lower, but a bushy back a couple years ago was a mean gun to have
Brass Eagle/k2-THis is nothign more than the Walmart factor. Little kiddies and redneck bubbas alike look at the walmart gun section and think,"Hmm, my (wife or mother) said no (more if he's old) guns, but those were real guns, this is just a paintball gun" and get the gun, thinking they will get quality. I guarantee you, though, that I have NEVER seen a brass eagle anything shoot for more than a game without leaking SOMEWHERE. The craftsmanship is so poor that parts do not match up correctly, the orings are often old, heck, at least for the outrageous amount they are charging, you'd think they could throw in a 1oz bottle of pb oil. I guess they get credit for their "FRAGILE" revvy's and the paint made by Brass Eagle.
Empire-IF you have never seen an annual Empire catalog, you cant really understand this one. They make 5, count em, 5 complete sets of pb gear. Thats complete with gloves, jersey and pants. THey also have about 8 models of gearbags that they change EVERY year. They sponsored timmies a while back, they have barrels, guns, loaders, paint, masks, shoes,. The only thing they dont make is the players
Kingman-lets just see a show of hands as to who started first with some kind of blowback gun...'Nuff Said. They make their guns so accessable. I do have to admit, they've really got something here when they target low level new players with the shiny guns and the add-ons that do JACK SQUAT(I fell prey to this, as did i with my xvalved dallara hypermag, but the dallara is out of production, so thats my story...). YEah, so thats that
Tippmann-One word, Scenario. These guys really know their scenario stuff. Thats for sure. Going to a scenario tournament and not seeing a tippmann is like going into KFC and not seeing a black person...bad joke, good analogy :D

look up their products, their prices and tell me im wrong :cool:

Edited for full reasons

Stealth Fighter
04-23-2006, 05:42 PM
DYE
SmartParts
WDP
Planet Eclipse
WGP
Indian Creek Designs
Brass Eagle/k2
Empire
Kingman
Tippmann

look up their products, their prices and tell me im wrong :cool:

If that is financially and in a specific order, I wouldn't put smart parts at the top for quality and customer service, Dye could be the top, but I don't think financially. Smart Parts quality and customer service is good, but AGD has the best warranty (the star system).

If that isn't in any order then I agree with you, but I think AGD should be in there instead of Planet Eclipse. If it is in a specific order, I don't think Dye would be at the top. I think Smart Parts would be at the top followed by the Wal-mart brands (seriously, think of how many Wal-mart's there are, and just about everyone has a Spyder, PMI, Tippmann, or Brass Eagle of some sort)

Pntball1866
04-23-2006, 06:52 PM
In no order

AGD
Dye
CCI
Palmers
WDP
CCM
AKALMP
Tippmann
Sheridan
WGP

mobsterboy
04-23-2006, 10:21 PM
If that is financially and in a specific order, I wouldn't put smart parts at the top for quality and customer service, Dye could be the top, but I don't think financially. Smart Parts quality and customer service is good, but AGD has the best warranty (the star system).

If that isn't in any order then I agree with you, but I think AGD should be in there instead of Planet Eclipse. If it is in a specific order, I don't think Dye would be at the top. I think Smart Parts would be at the top followed by the Wal-mart brands (seriously, think of how many Wal-mart's there are, and just about everyone has a Spyder, PMI, Tippmann, or Brass Eagle of some sort)

A) Im pretty sure AGD no longer provides the star service. Check it and see if im wrong, but i think once xvalves went mainstream and they became a niche type of company, they stopped honoring them
I edited for reasons, i was just too lazy to do it earlier

Stealth Fighter
04-23-2006, 11:07 PM
But, I would hope you would agree with me that the Wal-mart brand markers should be higher up the list financially. I mean there were 4189 Wal-marts across the world as of 2004, put two 98customs for $100 in each for instance and thats the quickest $418,900 I can think of, and thats not including paintball stores and other sporting goods places and not to mention Wal-mart probably has more stores than that now.

Kevmaster
04-24-2006, 02:56 AM
the walmart factor IS a beast. There are millions to be made at walmart off sale of markers and other stuff there. While DYE is selling one DM5 to their retailer for $900 and keeping a $300 profit...Brass Eagle is selling 100 Blades to their retailers for $13 each and keeping $8 of that. The margins in these low cost markers is HUGE.

SpecialBlend2786
04-25-2006, 03:54 AM
Dye/Proto
MacDev
Evil
AGD
Planet Eclipse
CCM
AKALMP
Tippmann
CCI
WDP

Teamslayer76
04-25-2006, 04:14 AM
So really there are three, NPS, K2 and Dye. :)

Jotsy
04-25-2006, 07:17 AM
i agree with mobsterboy for the most part....

in no particular order:

dye - cos you can always count on their stuff being top notch
proto - for those of us who can't afford dye :p
AGD - purely out of respect for TK for everything he's done for the sport
SP - sorry but its true. you gotta admit, the ION gave a lot of "poor" people a fighting chance, or so everybody believes. maybe its their way of trying to pay back for what they did?
tippmann - for keeping scenario alive, and giving fields a cheap, reliable rental gun
WGP - the cocker is a great project gun for tinkerers and you can't deny its place in the history of the sport.
WDP - i think everybody has lusted over an angel at some point. i don't know if this is accurate or not, but in my mind, the first "super gun" i heard of was an angel
empire - they make some real quality clothing and accessories, which also look real cool :cool:
pmi/crossfire or whoever it was that came out with the first preset. that was a good idea and made air slightly more affordable for everybody.

BigEvil
04-25-2006, 07:21 AM
the walmart factor IS a beast. There are millions to be made at walmart off sale of markers and other stuff there. While DYE is selling one DM5 to their retailer for $900 and keeping a $300 profit...Brass Eagle is selling 100 Blades to their retailers for $13 each and keeping $8 of that. The margins in these low cost markers is HUGE.

QFT :hail: