PDA

View Full Version : Futureball

Aslan
04-22-2006, 05:54 PM
What's the deal with Futureball? :confused:

P&P closes down in Madison Heights. Exotic Sportz closes their Waterford location. So now I'm looking at driving to Livonia to go to Futurball to get my HPA tanks filled. So I jump on the motorcycle and ride down to Futureball. :ninja:

First of all...nice location...NOT!! It's in the back of a mall...a mall that looks deserted...no signs. I walk up to the doors...there's a piece of paper stuck on the door telling people to use the entrance inside the mall. So I go inside the mall...the doors are locked and it tells you to knock on the doors outside. :cuss:

There wasn't anybody there...on a beautiful day...a Saturday. I don't want to hear pb stores complain that their business is hurting when they are closed at 2PM on a Saturday in the beginning of the paintball season. :mad: :ninja:

This really stinks. I went to action pb or whatever it's called...the other store in Livonia. It was a nice store...but it's pretty far away. I guess I'm in a bad spot until Exotic puts their store in in Rochester. Until then, I'll have to get my air fills at the field. :(

StygShore
04-23-2006, 12:29 AM
I think PBX is moving into Futureballs's location, so they may be still busy doing the change over.

Do you think Exotic will really get their store opened up in Rochester? It's been in the works for a long long time.

Styg

Code Name : Cthulhu
04-24-2006, 06:40 PM
I would agree about the Futureball store there in Livonia Mall, but there is another store right across the street that has some better hours the store is Killer Paintball.

http://www.killerpaintball.com/images/local_map.jpg

Store Hours
Mon-Fri- 12:00 - 9:00
Sat- 9:00 - 9:00
Sun-11:00 - 5:00

Store Location
19590 Middlebelt
Livonia, MI

Phone Number
(248) 615-0000

Aslan
04-27-2006, 11:18 PM
I don't know if that store in Rochester will open or not...I hope so...otherwise I'm screwed when it comes to HPA fills. :(

Thanks for the Killer Paintball store mention...I'll have to try them out next time I absolutely NEED to get a tank filled. Livonia is a hike for me...but I don't have much choice right now. :mad:

awilli234life
04-28-2006, 02:12 PM
20 min to get to brighton where are you comin from?

Aslan
04-29-2006, 11:36 PM
20 min to get to brighton where are you comin from?

20 min!? To Brighton! Maybe by plane.

Brighton is 40-45 minutes from my home (Madison Heights) with good traffic on 696 and 96 (good luck with that).
Brighton is over 45 minutes from where I work in Pontiac because you have to take that God awful M-59 all the way to Hartland which moves slow as molasses.

No, Brighton is not an option. Livonia is a half hour drive...maybe 25 minutes with no traffic (not really possible given having to go through Southfield :mad: ) I've also heard theres a store at 23 mile and Van Dyke. That's all of 15+ miles on slow roads...probably a half hour there as well.

awilli234life
05-02-2006, 12:08 AM
wait theres a place in pontiac that does hp fills for scuba and paintball i'm shure of it! theres also somebody that does tank testing, just get out a phonebook while at work :headbang:

Aslan
05-03-2006, 09:57 PM
I'll have to check that out.

Pha|anx
05-09-2006, 08:54 AM
Just out of curiousity what did you pay at P&P for fills?

Aslan
05-12-2006, 04:05 PM
Phalanx-

I'm not really sure. I filled my 3000psi tank there and I think it was $8-$9. I filled my 4500psi tank there and I think it something like $12-$14. I thought that was kinda pricey...but I think it was $3 per 1000psi...not sure if that's standard or not.

mr.mag218
05-13-2006, 11:41 AM
I think PBX is moving into Futureballs's location, so they may be still busy doing the change over.

Do you think Exotic will really get their store opened up in Rochester? It's been in the works for a long long time.

Styg
pbx just needed a place to stay cuz their old place fell through. they were storing their equipment at futureball but have since been booted because they were stealing paint from a back room. anywho futureball is only open thursday through sunday and only at certain times. if your going to drive out there for a fill, killer paintball is a cheaper fill by .50 cents. -O and i hate futureball, and wouldn't play there again if my life depended on it. worst tourney ball i have ever seen refs were dickheads and wouldn't check anyone for hits. :mad:

StygShore
05-13-2006, 12:13 PM
If you are in Madison Hts, Lone Wolf Paintball is still out that direction, and they still do fills, they just dont have the fancy store front anymore. He is basically supplying the 2 fields and has a few things for sale in his "paintball warehouse"

Styg

Aslan
05-14-2006, 07:58 AM
If you are in Madison Hts, Lone Wolf Paintball is still out that direction, and they still do fills, they just dont have the fancy store front anymore. He is basically supplying the 2 fields and has a few things for sale in his "paintball warehouse"

Styg

Yeah, paintball warehouse is out in Macomb township...but that's almost as far as Livonia from here and last time I checked the hours were kinda weird. I can still get fills at the field and if I play Hell Survivors, fills are free :clap: . I must say that will be influencing where I play for a little while, until Exotic can get that place built in Rochester. :cry:

Aslan
05-14-2006, 08:02 AM

Styg

Hey Styg, Lonewolf West is open right? I was thinking of playing there in a week or so but heard a rumor that one of the Lonewolf fields wasn't open because of being too wet or something??? Is West open? What are the hours? I'd e-mail them, but last time I did it took like over 2 week for them to get back to me. :mad:

ultralight
05-15-2006, 12:37 AM
west is the one behind cascaden lounge in metamora right?

it wouldn't surprise me if several fields are closed due to flooding after the wonderful weather we've been having lately.
i'm planning on going out the 21st, but i'm still not sure where. if everything is still soupy then it'll be the bunker.

StygShore
05-15-2006, 12:44 AM
Lone Wolf West is open.

Didnt run games today due to Mothers Day low turnout, so they did some work on game package pricing, A5 packages, and things, hiopefully be able to post stuff up some time soon.

Best bet it to call the store. The Lone Wolf West field hours are open 9am, games run from 10am to 4pm. Saturday and Sunday

Styg

awilli234life
05-15-2006, 02:54 AM
i'll go talk to dave the owner of exotic and see what i can get straightined out
and see if i can get the scoup for rodchester

Aslan
05-23-2006, 03:41 PM
Let me know...I will certainly be a customer if Exotic ever opens in Rochester. :clap:

As for Lonewolf West, went there on the 21st...it was great. They said they had a great turnout for the weekend, almost 100. On Sunday we had about 35, mostly walk-ons. The field was not flooded, looked great, the refs were great...I had alot of fun despite not doing too well performance-wise. :cheers: It's definitely going to be a harder choice between Hell Survivors and Lonewolf West. Each have advantages and disadvantages. If I had to rate them, it would look like this:

Price: Lonewolf West
There should be an asterisk and the word "slightly". Since it's a BYOP field, it tends to save me money on paint...that's where it gets it's edge. You pay about $10 more to play there (registration and air fills) but you pay $20 less for paint (if you buy the cheap stuff). Now, if you get more expensive paint, it gets to be a wash. I assumed gas and food to be constants since both places are about the same distance from me.

Field: Draw
I hate to say "draw"...but while Lonewolf West has some really great bunkers and field layouts....HS has 3 fields (to Lonewolf's 2...essentially) and if you count the HS castle they would at least earn a draw.

Staff: Draw
Gotta say draw again...while Lonewolf's staff were some of the friendliest I've met...and did a great job making up different types of games...HS staff is the more professional and a little better at paint checks and safety.

Competition: Draw
The competition was equal as far as I could tell. I think HS draws a few more milsim guys and SPPL people...but they also draw a ton of newbs...so it all evens out.

The biggest advantage to Hell Survivors is that they pull 70 people on a Saturday almost guaranteed. I was worried that I'd get to Lonewolf West and be the only one...and for the first 30 minutes...I was one of 4...that will NEVER happen at HS. The cool thing about Lonewolf West is that you play more actual games. Because it's sort of just a rotational thing...you tend to get in far more than 12 fifteen-minute games like at Hell Survivors.

So...slight advantage to Lonewolf...but it doesn't matter too much to me because I have a friend near Pinkney who doesn't like to drive out of his way...so if he plays...I will probably do HS...if not...Lonewolf West is certainly a solid option.

awilli234life
05-23-2006, 09:24 PM
:( Popye retired over the weekend from reffing from paintball forever I'll Miss the old Roll Call Fart but we have him on tape! soon to be converted to cd for all to listen to

Aslan
05-24-2006, 04:45 PM
:( Popye retired over the weekend from reffing from paintball forever I'll Miss the old Roll Call Fart but we have him on tape! soon to be converted to cd for all to listen to

Awww. Nutz. I liked him. He was borderline "too strict"...but he was a true professional...and you don't see that too often in that profession...usually you just get some 15 year olds trying to earn a store discount by reffing every other Saturday or something. I'll miss him. Too bad he couldn't stay for the Monster Game, this year will be my first year going.

JoshK
06-06-2006, 11:05 PM
I'm not very far away from you (SE WI, or 4 hours completly around the lake), but $3 a 1000 psi is pricey no matter where you are...it should be more like $1. And sometimes they will cut off the last 500 psi from the price (for simplicity).

-Josh

Aslan
07-13-2006, 06:13 PM
i'll go talk to dave the owner of exotic and see what i can get straightined out
and see if i can get the scoup for rodchester

Any word on the Exotic in Rochester yet? This sucks...I need air to test a couple guns and I can't get a fill without driving a half hour through crappy traffic to overpay for one. Somebody told me there was a scuba sho in Pontiac that would fill them...but:

A) There is not scuba shop in Pontiac.
B) The two scuba shops nearby (Rochester and Royal Oak) don't fill paintball tanks. One said he would sell me a scuba tank and regulator so that I could fill them myself, but I'm not in the market for a $200 investment right now.

awilli234life
07-19-2006, 02:11 AM
nope sorry he hasn't been around the feild lately // he will be this weekend

mr.mag218
07-30-2006, 01:07 AM
hey guy's....guess whos gonna be a ref at futureball now? :p stop in and visit me no matter how crappy the feild, i'll be looking for the gags with mags :cheers:

StygShore
07-30-2006, 07:52 AM
have not been there yet...

Styg