PDA

View Full Version : Question for Hyperframe owners

st6212
04-22-2006, 07:32 PM
I have a Hyperframe (secondhand) that has an allen screw mounted into the frame behind the solenoid. If you screw it in and out, it will limit how far the noid plunger travels back and forth.

My friend also has a Hyperframe, but doesn't have this screw.

Anyone know what the deal is with this? Anyone else have this? Cos it certainly isn't mentioned in the manual or in reviews and such that I have read.

I think also, the chamber that the noid sits in looks a bit longer (end to end) than my friends'.

mobsterboy
04-22-2006, 08:47 PM
prob someone fubared it and then fixed the problem
this thread is useless without pics

Sk8ermog
04-23-2006, 03:59 AM
if your frame works and so does his then there shouldn't be a problem. In the 5+ hyperframes that I've owned I've always had 4 screws that hold the noid in place. If I ever tried adjusting the screws to move the noid back and forth it would mess things up so I've learn to just leave them alone. You really only need 2 screws, but having all 4 helps keep the noid in place better. I don't know if Centerflag made any other frame types without the screws, but it wouldn't make sense not to have them.

st6212
04-24-2006, 05:48 AM
No I don't mean the 4 set screws on top of the frame to hold the solenoid in place.

With mine, on one side of the noid is where the sear is, and on the opposite side is a set screw.

If I can get some pictures I'll post it up, but it's pretty simple really. Basically that set screw will affect how far the plunger in the noid travels back, so essentially I could screw it right in and stop the plunger in the noid from moving back at all.

The chamber that the noid sits in has not been modified in anyway (other than having that set screw), ie it still has the original anno with Centerflag logo and everything. The chamber is just a little longer than what I have seen.

I guess the company that did the machining for Centerflag got it wrong and they compensated by putting in the set screw.

-Commander-
04-24-2006, 09:26 PM
It's a mod, it shortens or lengthens the selenoid's travel. There is a detailed article on it somewhere, I believe an online store that sells primarily after-market boards for electronic frames has a guide/manual of two ways of doing this, you have the better, but perminent one of the two. Hope that helps, sorry I don't have the link with me, but I am sure someone else does and will post it here soon!

Thanks,
-Commander-