PDA

View Full Version : Summer job! PAINTBALL

MoeMag
04-23-2006, 01:56 AM
A few days ago I got home from my last class of the day and sat down to enjoy a night of chatting up a storm with you all before going out to the barn to ride. Well about a half hour after I got home, I finally check my answering machine… 1 missed call Arizona paintball depot. I check the message and because of working on my mortar idea with them, and not to mention about 5 years of bugging the hell out of them with my Automags they offered me a job! Well 3 days and 30 hours later I finally found time to post my good news.
I cannot believe that I get paid to play with paintball guns all day. Its crazy! I always used to go in the shop when they were not busy, but now I am in there all day and around 10:30 there is a rush on CO2 fills from the bush balers, lunch time we get all the older players in on their lunch break, then finally all the agg kiddies show up after school. Anyway, as cool as my mags are… I finally do need to get a modern gun to keep up with these guys, now that I am actually expected to play as part of my job…
These are the ones I have been really thinking about, no particular order, but I really don’t know anything about them yet… any input?

-Angel 06 speed
-New shocker (in the lead due to recent price drop)
-First endeavor paintball’s quest (not really, but no one will shut up about how good they are)
-DM(insert C or number > 4)
-Tippmann A-5. (if I did this one I would have it be a rough and tumble scenario gun)

I don’t care about the price I… I just wanted something that would suit me, and this is my short list.

Well I have a good summer job to keep myself busy and entertained until fall semester starts up again.

Godofthelost
04-23-2006, 03:05 AM
out of the guns you listed, i only really like the A-5 because of how rugged and indestructable they tend to be. If you are looking at a new gun and price is no object, look in to getting a nice milled Viking or Excalibur. They are both excellent markers, and really are alot cooler than people make them out to be.

Anywho, contrats on your new job!

-Steve

magman007
04-23-2006, 03:48 AM
go for the dm, shoot one and you will understand.

kosmo
04-23-2006, 05:24 AM
Maximize your profits, get a slingshot.

topazpaintball
04-23-2006, 11:12 AM
I've always liked Nerves, and they're really cheap right now

bam wannabe
04-23-2006, 11:59 AM
DMC, just... cause.

my local shop is extending their business and building a new store right around the corner from my house. should be nice to be able to walk to my proshop... maybe i will try to get a job there.

topazpaintball
04-23-2006, 12:07 PM
I don’t care about the price I…

I didnt' see that part.

Igntion Cyborg or SL66 Ego :headbang:

MoeMag
04-23-2006, 12:41 PM
-Angel 06 speed
-First endeavor paintball’s quest (not really, but no one will shut up about how good they are)
-Tippmann A-5. (if I did this one I would have it be a rough and tumble scenario gun)

this is my short list

Out of the entire stock of the store, both new and used, these are the ones that I am interested in. I have looked at all the others suggested and this is what I am interested in, merely due to aesthetic properties and trigger feel. When I said I don’t care about price that goes both ways. I don’t need the hot overpriced super gun just because; I want something that I will like. My friend just got that snazzy new ego... yeah its cool but I just don't like its feel.

Indignant
04-23-2006, 02:42 PM
go for the dm, shoot one and you will understand.

soooo smooth.

Stealth Fighter
04-23-2006, 02:58 PM
Shocker

Indignant
04-23-2006, 08:34 PM
no.

FreakBaller12
04-23-2006, 08:43 PM
no.
correction;nay.

SCpoloRicker
04-23-2006, 08:53 PM
Aka.

onedude36
04-23-2006, 09:02 PM
Congrats at getting a job at APD! I should be by there soon to get my freestyle tuned up.

topazpaintball
04-23-2006, 09:13 PM
I'd say Quest, just to be different.

Cow hunter
04-23-2006, 09:32 PM
viking or excal? the excal is the smoothest thing ive ever shot, and the air-efficiency cant be beat

MoeMag
04-24-2006, 12:50 AM
Congrats at getting a job at APD! I should be by there soon to get my freestyle tuned up.

Depending on how much tuning up it needs you will probably have to leave it for a few days. We are really swamped because of our big senario game this next weekend. Try coming in mid afternoon, that’s when we are the least busy. I’m the tall skinny guy in the blue.

I am going to decide in the morning which one I want… I think I am definitely leaning toward the shocker. I like having a little heavier solid feeling gun, and I can put the same aftermarket board (Pred, virtue, or tadao) as I would for the much more expensive DM. One of the other guys has an ION with a virtue board in it and that is actually a fairly impressive little set-up and I think a shocker version of that would be really cool. I just don’t like how widespread ions are, if you only knew how many of those I have sold in just a few days :rolleyes: . For the price and the feel I think it is the best deal at the moment.

The A-5 is next.

Not to worry though… my mags are my babies.

Lohman446
04-24-2006, 07:27 PM
-Angel 06 speed

Angel 06 - not impressed with Angels compared to recent markers and rumors of a new "totally different" Angel in the works worries me about buying current ones that will drop hard in value.

Shocker SFT - nice marker, expect depreciation and anno fade on it. Other than that they are nice markers.

Quest - why? How is it better than the PM/DM line. More expensive, harder to get parts for. No.

DM / PM - I have a Minion currently, basically a PM6. I am partial to the DM / PM line.

Tippmann - how did this make your list? If you have a mag you already have a rough and tumble scenario gun

MoeMag
04-24-2006, 11:47 PM
Angel 06 - not impressed with Angels compared to recent markers and rumors of a new "totally different" Angel in the works worries me about buying current ones that will drop hard in value.

Shocker SFT - nice marker, expect depreciation and anno fade on it. Other than that they are nice markers.

Quest - why? How is it better than the PM/DM line. More expensive, harder to get parts for. No.

DM / PM - I have a Minion currently, basically a PM6. I am partial to the DM / PM line.

Tippmann - how did this make your list? If you have a mag you already have a rough and tumble scenario gun

-When I got into paintball, Angels were "THE" gun and it’s like the old man buying his dream car from high school even though it’s a 40 year old junker.
-Shocker lost some points with me today. After reading up on them all weekend I was checking it out and saw all the "flaws." Who knows though I may still get one.
-Quest... my boss and the tech that I work under both shoot them, they swear by them which is really uncharacteristic for them to like one gun that much. They say its smoother, shoots straighter, and has a farther effective range than any gun in the shop.

-Tippmann. They are the AK-47 of paintball guns, overbuilt and rugged. When I play bush ball, the sound of an r/t or e-grip A-5 opening up makes me hit the deck. Besides all other guns have a show piece quality to them, but tippmanns just look like they need to be used.

MoeMag
04-25-2006, 12:12 AM
MMMMMM new angel. Hey just a thought... when does dye release a new years gear? a DM7 would be sweet.

Target Practice
04-25-2006, 01:00 AM
You'll end up hating it before the summer is out.

FinchMan
04-25-2006, 01:27 AM
i say get a viking.

from your lineup i'd say quest. just for the uniqueness.

Lohman446
04-25-2006, 05:23 AM
-Quest... my boss and the tech that I work under both shoot them, they swear by them which is really uncharacteristic for them to like one gun that much. They say its smoother, shoots straighter, and has a farther effective range than any gun in the shop.

Oh... so its the same reasons a 'cocker was "better" than a mag?

RoamingStorm
04-25-2006, 06:55 AM
Ive got a fully upped a-5 with over $700 invested, including stocks. custom electro trigger frame with custom trigger that you wont believe... stock, rail, sm1 barrel kit the works

let me know if your interested moemag and Ill shoot you a price

billybob_81067
04-25-2006, 08:29 AM
You'll end up hating it before the summer is out.

You're just a very negative person aren't you?

:tard:

MoeMag
04-25-2006, 11:23 AM
[
Oh... so its the same reasons a 'cocker was "better" than a mag?

I know it sounds stupid, look at what I said about it in my first post about them "not really, but no one will shut up about how good they are". I was being sarcastic towards them myself. I personally don't feel like dumping that much money in to a new gun from a new company, but we are the biggest pro shop in the state and the guys that I work with know their stuff. I have known them for a long time and it is really strange for them to like a gun that much. The only other gun that has that much respect in the shop is the owners blue-clear fade CNC x-mag.

Ive got a fully upped a-5 with over $700 invested, including stocks. custom electro trigger frame with custom trigger that you wont believe... stock, rail, sm1 barrel kit the works

let me know if your interested moemag and Ill shoot you a price

I am really looking to buy a new marker (never had a new gun, all of mine are used), besides the discounts that are available to me now would make a used gun deal very hard to beat. In the case of the shocker, I could buy the gun, virtue board, HE bolt, killa detents, and rollerbearing blade trigger for much less than the MSRP for just the shocker . But the custom trigger has peaked my curiosity, PM me some pics and a price, if you would like. I will be honest I doubt I would get it, but who knows.

CoFFeY[NiTrO]
04-25-2006, 02:23 PM
Eclipse Ego.

etjoyride
04-25-2006, 10:30 PM
DM Or PM for sure, my next electro will probably be one

oneworld
04-25-2006, 10:35 PM
o yeah,, WELL i getta work at HARDEES!!! wheee making burgers, doin dishes.takin out trash ALL day LONG!... toataly awesome!!!!!

o yeah... i hate you :rolleyes:

-Tab
04-25-2006, 10:39 PM
You're just a very negative person aren't you?

:tard:

:start slow clap:

That is the first coherent sentence I've seen from you in a long time. The grammar was almost perfect, too.

/End slow clap

MoeMag
04-26-2006, 01:26 AM
Stop the burning guys, what gives. There is no need for it.

Anyway I got my gun. black to blue fade DM6 ultralight with a virtue board. :D
Will post pics soon.

Lohman, it took a while but I agree with your statment about the Quests.

onedude36
04-26-2006, 06:49 PM
Very nice choice. I should have my sm5 w/ ul frame/orange bolt by sunday.

oneworld
04-26-2006, 06:58 PM
you will have to tell me how it is Moe, i think that will be my next gun.

thanks

jason

-Tab
04-26-2006, 07:47 PM
Anyway I got my gun. black to blue fade DM6 ultralight with a virtue board. :D
Will post pics soon.

I think you'll be very satisfied with this. The Virtues are amazing - especially in a DM6.

MoeMag
04-27-2006, 01:41 AM
Very nice choice. I should have my (DM right>)sm5 w/ ul frame/orange bolt by sunday.
You are going to buy it from me right ;) ... Just messing with ya, but we do run a good bargin on DM5's PM me or come see me if you are intersted.

I think you'll be very satisfied with this. The Virtues are amazing - especially in a DM6.

I was really impressed with the virtue board. I havent really been in the high end gun scene for a few years so I havent seen any new stuff like that in a while. The first virtue board I saw in action was a few weeks ago in my friends ion. :eek:. Just because of that board that little ion keeps up with anything.

Jason, but for everyone too.
I just shot my first few hoppers of paint through it and got it set the way I wanted... OOOOOOOOOOOHHHHH, fancy. I cant belive that thing is something that I own! I am so used to mags that shooting that thing just seemed effortless. I pull the trigger, and it shoots...every time. I can walk a trigger really fast on one of my guns now!!! Just to let you all in on how out of date I am, when the boss said it was having bolt stick, I grabbed the wrenches, he laughed and said "the program can fix that!" I seriously thought he was messing with me until he started showing me how the programing works. :cry:

At this job, I am in middle of the biggest crash course in modern paintball guns imaginable, I had no idea how behind I am. I just spent 4 hours learning as much as I could about the DM's. This stuff is crazy, that thing has 1 major moving part!

I will play with it this sunday at our big APD Shell Shock '06 game, I will let ya all know how it goes and hopefully have pics.

So now I can work on Ions, DM's, tippys, and mags... and the list will only grow.
Damn I love my job.

THANK YOU MATT! (Owner of APD)

ntn4502
04-27-2006, 03:53 PM
my summer job involves interning with a hydrogeologist firm. Sure it doesnt have to do with paintball, but I will still be making $10 grand in 3 months

Indignant
04-27-2006, 06:39 PM
/contemplates future career in hydrogeology
//googles hydrogeology first

-Tab
04-27-2006, 08:12 PM
/Waits for Indignant's results.

onedude36
04-27-2006, 11:27 PM
You are going to buy it from me right ;) ... Just messing with ya, but we do run a good bargin on DM5's PM me or come see me if you are intersted.

its one of the shocktech dm5's ;) Kinda looks melted, but I like the look.

MoeMag
04-29-2006, 02:39 AM
WOW!
We got the B2 boards in, and we modded up one of our hoppers to run really fast... for the first time, I saw a gun shoot its own balls out of the air :wow:. I could not believe it.
they would slam into each other about 10 feet from the barrel and explode. UNBELIEVABLE!

Indignant
04-29-2006, 02:16 PM
actually, i think someone did figures on that a while ago and the only way it's possible is if you are having issues with dropoff or something.

kosmo
04-29-2006, 03:22 PM
Yeah, thats not a good thing. Now stop talking about paintball, this is the friendly corner.

MoeMag
04-30-2006, 01:22 AM
The guys in the shop called it drafting... you know like in nascar.
The leading paintball is experiencing more drag than the following one because it is traveling in the slipstream of the first. Because of this the paint ball in front slow down and the one behind it catches up and... Splat!

I am installing my b2 board into my halo right now...

done. The b-2 with the speed wheel... :eek:

Hell yeah!
:D

MoeMag
05-01-2006, 01:16 PM
PICTURES!!!

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d53/MoeRoark/DSCF0041.jpg
All mine :ninja:

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d53/MoeRoark/DSCF0035.jpg
Virture board DM6 with the EMPIRE B2. This thing sucks paint faster than a shop vac. :eek:
I honestly like shooting my mags better. If I dont learn to like it I think I am going to give it to my friend. It is just a shock as to how much is controlled with the electronics now.

Shell shock went over really well. We had about 300 folks show up, and the cool thing they were all familiar faces from the shop. Even this older mom that doesnt like paintball, brought her kid out for the entire day... I made sure to thank her for doing that.
Out of the whole day I played with the DM6 for about a half hour and dumped 3500 rounds through it. After each burst I needed another pod, it was crazy. I normally dont shoot more than a bag or two for an entire day. So the rest of the time I shot my x-valve mag, and one round with the classic. I would have used my e-mag, but I could not get that damn stubby barrel in the pic out of it :confused:. I dont know what happend but it is jammed in there real good, I will get it out eventually.
So for the entire day 10 to 8 I think I shot about 9500 rounds. Most of them went at shooting the terminators and the tank though. My best round was when armed only with 6 grenades... HAHAHA that was awsome! I could move so much better without all those pods and a big gun. I rushed the pirate ship (if any of you are familar with southwest paintball) threw one in and got like 6 people out with one shot.

It was a blast!

MAGS RULE!

MoeMag
05-17-2006, 11:19 PM
YEAH BABY!

I just traded a Tippmann A-5 for a VL evolution :rofl:

Some kid came in with his new ion and wanted to trade this beauty of an A-5 for a electric hopper.

I PROMISE I did not take advantage of this kid... him and his older brother were absolutely set on doing a trade. Well after the store turned him down... I stepped up and gave him what he wanted. I offered a halo b... but all he wanted was an evolution. I just said okay.

Forgive me.

I LOVE MY JOB!

Pics in a few minutes...

EDIT: pics added

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d53/MoeRoark/a-5front.jpg

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d53/MoeRoark/A-5wricc.jpg
Forgot to mention... it came with this snazzy little hopper made by a local company called ricochet... ever heard of them? :D

ttink
05-24-2006, 10:53 PM
Maximize your profits, get a slingshot.OMG i could not stop laughing at this. lol.