PDA

View Full Version : well looks like i got ripped off......

Cow hunter
04-23-2006, 07:59 PM
i ordered from anything extreme, still havent got back to me, i ordered on march 31st, sent a complaint email of the 10th, they replied my stuff was on back order, i waited, just sent another email on the 20th, and nothing from them. i ordered two of the $8 excels and a pair of hybrid pants, does anyone know what i should do or how to contact them by phone, ect?

going_home
04-23-2006, 08:05 PM
i ordered from anything extreme, still havent got back to me, i ordered on march 31st, sent a complaint email of the 10th, they replied my stuff was on back order, i waited, just sent another email on the 20th, and nothing from them. i ordered two of the $8 excels and a pair of hybrid pants, does anyone know what i should do or how to contact them by phone, ect?

The online stores dont usually bill your credit card until the item is ready to ship.
So my guess is you have not been ripped off.
Search the website for a telephone number.
Or if you can find an address you can go to http://www.superpages.com and if they
are in the US of A they will be listed there.
Call them and cancel the order and get it somewhere else.

I have found that if you send an email "stock check" inquiry they respond
quicker to a prospective buyer than they do if its already an order.
Hope this helps.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
By the way I have a question.
You have been an AO member only 8 months and you have over 900 posts ?
What is that like one post every 30 seconds ?
You need to put your palms together and say this slowly, oooooommmmmmm.
Stop typing and breathe or you may die from too many posts.LOL

ttink
04-23-2006, 08:43 PM
900 posts in 8 months is not one post every 30 seconds... 900 posts with one every 30 seconds amounts to 7 hours, 30 minutes...

Pyroboy597
04-23-2006, 08:58 PM
We have a genius on our hands :P

I think he was being sarcastic just a little bit when he said that :clap:

I would give it another two weeks.

jarley77
04-23-2006, 09:14 PM
900 posts in 8 months is not one post every 30 seconds... 900 posts with one every 30 seconds amounts to 7 hours, 30 minutes...
wow cant believe you took the time to figure that out LOL :rolleyes:

Cow hunter
04-23-2006, 09:21 PM
The online stores dont usually bill your credit card until the item is ready to ship.
So my guess is you have not been ripped off.
Search the website for a telephone number.
Or if you can find an address you can go to http://www.superpages.com and if they
are in the US of A they will be listed there.
Call them and cancel the order and get it somewhere else.

I have found that if you send an email "stock check" inquiry they respond
quicker to a prospective buyer than they do if its already an order.
Hope this helps.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
By the way I have a question.
You have been an AO member only 8 months and you have over 900 posts ?
What is that like one post every 30 seconds ?
You need to put your palms together and say this slowly, oooooommmmmmm.
Stop typing and breathe or you may die from too many posts.LOL

thanks for the advice,
In the last 8 months ive had lots of down time, ive been playng paintball almost every weekend, and im the most marker-knoweldgeable person around where i am, so im fixing things for people quite often, on an average day i get 6 calls about either "what should i buy" or "can you fix this for me" so how better to stay in touch than AO, theres a lot less of the **** here than on pbn, and its overall a good place to learn about things and have a bunch of try-before-you-buy reviews

btw 8 months and 900 posts is around 112 posts a month, which is about 3 a day.

I would give it another two weeks.

its been a month, should i really be kept waiting THIS long for it when i paid the shipping?

Stealth Fighter
04-23-2006, 09:30 PM
thanks for the advice,
In the last 8 months ive had lots of down time, ive been playng paintball almost every weekend, and im the most marker-knoweldgeable person around where i am, so im fixing things for people quite often, on an average day i get 6 calls about either "what should i buy" or "can you fix this for me" so how better to stay in touch than AO, theres a lot less of the **** here than on pbn, and its overall a good place to learn about things and have a bunch of try-before-you-buy reviews

btw 8 months and 900 posts is around 112 posts a month, which is about 3 a day.

its been a month, should i really be kept waiting THIS long for it when i paid the shipping?

Actually it's 3.7 posts a day, you want to know how I new the precise number, I hacked :ninja: (clicked on) on "View Public Profile". Am I amazing or what.

And don't worry, for a deal your getting, waiting is wise. If a month goes by then I would start some ranting. Patience is your best friend right now, the summer has yet to even arrive. :D

CoolHand
04-23-2006, 09:40 PM
I once had an order go on for about a year from those guys.

Basically, if they can't fill the order right when you place it, they totally forget about you.

They won't charge your card, but you'll never get your order.

In other words, you didn't get ripped off, you got blown off.

The only difference being that they didn't steal anything from you.

Cow hunter
04-23-2006, 09:41 PM
Actually it's 3.7 posts a day, you want to know how I new the precise number, I hacked :ninja: (clicked on) on "View Public Profile". Am I amazing or what.

And don't worry, for a deal your getting, waiting is wise. If a month goes by then I would start some ranting. Patience is your best friend right now, the summer has yet to even arrive. :D
good call on the public profile, i used the calculator and got 3.*insert decimal here* but did say "about 3 a day"......

well it is a deal, im patient, but im getting worried, they wont return my emails and i scoured their website for a phone and when i finally found some, both given are either never awnsered or are "busy" 24/7.

Vex
04-24-2006, 05:44 AM
I ordered from them about a month ago and two of my items were on backorder for about 2 weeks. They waited to ship everything until my items came in. I called them just to check up and they were friendly. I've ordered from them before without any problems. Just hold tight and keep trying to call them.

st6212
04-24-2006, 06:00 AM
I ordered a couple of items from them last month and got my order fine.

And I'm in Australia....so I don't think they are trying to rip you off. It looks like an unfortunate delay in stock arriving. Happens all the time in any market, PC market especially.

phantomhitman
04-24-2006, 07:34 AM

I think that is a post every 23,040 seconds. I could be, and probably am, wrong.

91Foxtrot
04-25-2006, 06:58 PM
Ok, so you guys seem to think that 900 posts is alot. On one of the forums my wife is on, there is a woman who has (drumroll, please) 29,162 posts.

That's over 26 posts a day for 3 years.

Cow hunter
04-25-2006, 07:17 PM
I ordered a couple of items from them last month and got my order fine.

And I'm in Australia....so I don't think they are trying to rip you off. It looks like an unfortunate delay in stock arriving. Happens all the time in any market, PC market especially.
understandable, but why the heck wont they return my emails!!!!! (i checked the address and all, but they just wont get back to me)

Ok, so you guys seem to think that 900 posts is alot. On one of the forums my wife is on, there is a woman who has (drumroll, please) 29,162 posts.

That's over 26 posts a day for 3 years.
thats just psycho, 3 posts a day isnt all THAT bad, i see several people here on AO that have 4+ posts a day...

Stealth Fighter
04-25-2006, 07:27 PM
http://discuss.pittsburghlive.com/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=31

^^^^Beat that (no that isn't me)