PDA

View Full Version : Urgent Read!! Paintball Outlawed!!

RSUAVE911
12-18-2001, 04:59 PM
CHECK IT OUT..WHAT THE HELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IF I LIVED IN WISCONSIN I WOULD BE PIIIIIISSSSSSSSED!!

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

CHECK IT OUT BELOW!

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=316590

Russ
12-18-2001, 05:17 PM
I guess you missed the sticky at the top of the main forum :rolleyes:

raehl
12-18-2001, 06:33 PM
And after writing two letters and spending a half hour on the phone, I'm not upset about this at all. The WI DNR made a rule that you can't play paintball in a bunch of places you shouldn't be playing paintball anyway - like wildlife reserves, etc. On top of that, there isn't even a LAW being proposed, it's just a DNR policy that can easily be changed later.

The point has been made "But they allow snow mobiling and hunting!" So? Snow mobiling is only allowed on a TINY FRACTION of DNR approved trails, and BOTH are *HEAVILY* regulated by the state, including having to register equipment and pay annual fees and dues. This rule is a BLESSING, unless along with playing paintball on DNR land, you also want WI enacting a bunch of laws on when, where and how you can play paintball and charging you a n annual fee to do so. Using DNR land isn't free. Hunters and Snowmobilers pay for that privilege.

I'm sorry, but the *ONLY* way I can see this mattering is if someone wanted to have a field on DNR land, and by the time you kicked in the fees and what not, it'd be cheaper to just play on a real field.

There is nothing wrong with this rule. The DNR hasn't seen any interest on the part of paintballers for using their land in an acceptable manner (i.e., subjecting yourself to all the rules applied to the other activities) and didn't write the (changable) rule to provide for it.

Hunters and fishermen and snow mobilers do *NOT* have free reign of DNR land, and paintballers shouldn't either.

- Chris

RSUAVE911
12-18-2001, 06:37 PM
Thank You for clearing that up.

Also, Russ thanks for the heads up! :)

BlackVCG
12-18-2001, 06:46 PM
Let's keep all posts pertaining to this issue in the Classic thread in the Main Forum. This thread will be locked.