PDA

View Full Version : My question about mags

JAKEtheJAB
04-23-2006, 09:47 PM
I guess you can say I'm new to mags, I bought my emag a couple months ago and have learned a lot about it. As I have been searching through AO, I noticed people drop the names of mags that I could not find on AGD's web site. I realize now that they all have different custom technologies such as the pred. board in the devilmag. I was just wondering who actually designates these "other" mags. Do they have to be approved or can anyone just slap together a unique mag and make it standard?

AGD Mags:
68 automag classic
minimag
rt/rt pro
emag
xmag

Other:
pneumag
phantommag
devilmag
and so on...

REDRT
04-23-2006, 10:45 PM
I'm not sure what you are really getting at. The names just fit the marker. Devilmags are custom mags modded by DevilsDen thus Devilmag. Like a mag with a Spyder e-frame is refered to as a Spydermag or a centerflag hyperframe equipped mag is commonly refered to as a hypermag. My primary marker is a Predator Emag because it has a new board with predator software. Names are just variations in the name to help identify what it is per mods or who built it. These names are just excepted as such and there isn't a guy saying yes or no to them.

shorty24
04-23-2006, 11:06 PM
This may or may not help...Linky (http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=193546&highlight=nomenclature)

That was a great thread... :D

jenarelJAM
04-24-2006, 09:49 PM
I'm not sure what you are really getting at. The names just fit the marker. Devilmags are custom mags modded by DevilsDen thus Devilmag. Like a mag with a Spyder e-frame is refered to as a Spydermag or a centerflag hyperframe equipped mag is commonly refered to as a hypermag. My primary marker is a Predator Emag because it has a new board with predator software. Names are just variations in the name to help identify what it is per mods or who built it. These names are just excepted as such and there isn't a guy saying yes or no to them.

QFT

And the pneumag is a mech mag with a custom pneumatic trigger frame that makes the trigger almost as light as an electro.

SCpoloRicker
04-25-2006, 01:18 AM
*extends token of IMNOTSUREWHAT to MoeMag*