PDA

View Full Version : How many Amps?

psychowarden
04-24-2006, 08:35 AM
I am having problems with my X-mag, and I believe that it may be the battery because it is the original battery. How many amps should it be putting out?

flyingpootang
04-24-2006, 10:26 AM
It should be listed on the battery 16.8V 650mAH

athomas
04-24-2006, 01:56 PM
650ma is the battery capacity. It can actally deliver much more than that on demand. As the battery gets older it will get weak and hold less of a charge. Try getting it reconditioned it there is somewhere local that performs that service. I had my battery go from 20% capacity to about 85% capacity just by reconditioning it. It saved my having to buy a new one.

flyingpootang
04-24-2006, 06:02 PM
650ma is the battery capacity. It can actally deliver much more than that on demand. As the battery gets older it will get weak and hold less of a charge. Try getting it reconditioned it there is somewhere local that performs that service. I had my battery go from 20% capacity to about 85% capacity just by reconditioning it. It saved my having to buy a new one.

650mAH means how many milliamps per hour it will deliver. This battery will give out 650 miliamps in one hour. The battery will only put out @ 16.8 volts. When full charged it may read 17-@17.1 volts, but the nominal out put will be @ 16.8volts.

athomas
04-24-2006, 06:55 PM
Yes, he voltage of the battery pack is 16.8volts but will measure higher than that when newly charged. Under load it should be somewhere around the 16.8v as rated.

650ma indicates total capacity (650ma-hr). The C rating is the rating that dictates how many milliamps per hour it will deliver. Eg; if the C rating is 2, then the battery will deliver 1300ma for 0.5 hrs. If the C rating is 3, the battery will deliver 1950ma for 20min. If the C rating is 0.5 then the battery can deliver a max of 325ma but for 2 hrs. I don't know the C rating of the emag battery, but I suspect it is fairly high as are most NiMh AAA sized cells.

psychowarden
04-24-2006, 10:01 PM
Where are some possible places I can get my batter reconditioned? And how much would it cost?

flyingpootang
04-25-2006, 08:50 PM
Where are some possible places I can get my batter reconditioned? And how much would it cost?

Basic battery conditioning is drainning the battery all the way to the bottom. You can use a @ 3 to 16v or (some where close)electrical motor and let it run until the battery will not put out any more voltage. Full charge it and repeat the same. It may be to your best intrest to just build another battery pack your self. Search the forums for instructions.

psychowarden
04-25-2006, 10:16 PM
Well, after putting the batter under a 50w load for half an hour, it held .7 almost constantly. Is it possible that it may be the solonoid or something else?

flyingpootang
04-25-2006, 10:51 PM
Well, after putting the batter under a 50w load for half an hour, it held .7 almost constantly. Is it possible that it may be the solonoid or something else?

What problem are you having?

psychowarden
04-25-2006, 10:59 PM
Im a :tard: The magnet on the back of the trigger had slipped forward just enough to not fire the marker. I cycled through the menu, and realized the hall sensor wasnt getting tripped, so a small adjustmant, and its fine.