PDA

View Full Version : Question about Emag Hall Sensor

RavishingEddie
04-24-2006, 08:37 PM
Ok I just wanted to know how the Emag Sensor actually worked. I know that it senses the magnetic field and then it must send a signal to the board, which in turn send electricity to the activate the magnet in the selenoid. My question is how much current or voltage does it send out to the board? Is it similar to whatever senses the trigger on current High End marker frames? Any info will help. Thank you all in advance

BlackVCG
04-25-2006, 02:37 PM
I've never tested it myself, but the current should be extremely low. It essentially is just a contact-less switch and sends a signal to the board when the field is interrupted. This can easily be tested, provided you know what you're doing.

Oh and it is similar in respect to the other "high end" markers you speak of in that they are all copies of the E-Mag trigger system considering it was the first ever gun to use an HES trigger.

RavishingEddie
04-25-2006, 05:24 PM
I've never tested it myself, but the current should be extremely low. It essentially is just a contact-less switch and sends a signal to the board when the field is interrupted. This can easily be tested, provided you know what you're doing.

Oh and it is similar in respect to the other "high end" markers you speak of in that they are all copies of the E-Mag trigger system considering it was the first ever gun to use an HES trigger.

Thank you, this brings the topic to my other question. If the HES sensor is similar to those used on current high end markers, could there be a way to connect the Emag HES to a current HES or replace it all together? I had the chance to look examine my friends customized ION and looked at the insides. What I saw was a very simple design were the trigger itself physically pushes the sensor and that direct the current to shoot. I really think the Emag HES sensors ability to detect the magnetic field without touch is superior. :rolleyes:

You might guess were I am headed with this. If not I will tell you. :)

Joni
04-26-2006, 01:15 AM
I may be wrong, but I don't know of any other markers that use a HES. Most use microswitches, like the ION, and some use an optical sensor, like the eclipse cocker frame, and some angels.

TippmannGuy
04-26-2006, 11:07 AM
The HES is very similar to the Optic sensor used in angels or the optic switch in Egos.
Both use the fundamental of no contact switch to activate the trigger. I don't know of any other electros that use in place of micro switches.

But to elaborate a no contact switch is better than the finest microswitch IMO, however some players prefer the click of the microswitch.

Chrishew09
05-22-2006, 06:03 AM
Yes, AGD was the first to my knowledge to use a H.E.S. for there trigger actuation, the draw back is at very high rates of fire (18+) the magnetic field fron the Solenoid can give the H.E.S. false readings, but with some tunning that can be corrected.

The way a H.E.S. works it is a bipolar transistor and the base of the transistor is activated by the application of a magnetic field. The stronger the magnetic field on the base the more gain you have from collector to emitter.

Okay if I confused you lets try that again, its a "switch" when a magnetic field is pressent the switch closed and drives a pin on the Atmel microprocessor either high or low that I'm not sure.

Have you ever played with your E/Xmag and very slowly depressed the trigger and the solenoid starts rapid firing like its in full auto? That is happening b/c the H.E.S. isn't totaly on or totaly off it's in whats called the "active region" were the Bipolar isn't saturated.

Hope this clears some questions up if not just ask me some more and I'll try to help you out.