PDA

View Full Version : E Tac -- the Ultimate Scenario Weapon...

HOMELANDEFENDER
04-24-2006, 09:45 PM
I gotta say I'm in love with how nice my E Tac works. Ran through at least two cases with it at the last Fox4 Scenario -- Red vs. Blue game. I then took out my 05 Ego -- nice piece , light weight, real fast (too fast for scenario), and after about a half an hour, I went back and reached for the Mag. I'm really thinking that the Ego was maybe a wrong move now after using both head to head. The E Mag was more than fast enough for suppression tactics. And the combination of using the Apex and the Powerlyte Scepter multibore kit when needed proved to be a seriously reliable setup . Used X Ball all day without a single chop - tons of paint - :shooting: - (We were getting our butts kicked big time.) Its big and heavy -- yes, but I have large hands, so it all works out. Also nice to have a solid piece of equipment to hold onto. I think it has spoiled me --- now nothing I see out there appeals to me anymore. I guess thats a good thing . :headbang:

Also have to mention --- the Tuna Blade has transformed this marker. Without a doubt, the trigger makes this gun real fun to shoot. Amazing.!

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y24/HOMELANDEFENDER/E-Tac.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y24/HOMELANDEFENDER/TunaTac.jpg

HLD...

Munnin
04-24-2006, 10:19 PM
nice looking e tac, but boy do those rails look empty.. put some kind of overly large hyperbaric lepton chamber on it

sisco87
04-24-2006, 10:29 PM
Your E-Tac is awesome! I love the looks of them.

It's great you love it. Sometimes i wished nothing appeals to me..... :ninja:
:p

Recon by Fire
04-24-2006, 10:53 PM
E-Tacs are almost cheating in scenarios :) Schweet!

Throw a aimpoint or eotech on it for good measure :)

Maybe later I will get my Tac One converted over to a p-mag, take that woodsball!

SCpoloRicker
04-25-2006, 01:13 AM
I haven't seen those battery panels before. Looks like a great scenario setup.

/got scared last scenario when guys pulled out SAWs

HOMELANDEFENDER
04-25-2006, 05:11 AM
E-Tacs are almost cheating in scenarios :) Schweet!

Throw a aimpoint or eotech on it for good measure :)

Maybe later I will get my Tac One converted over to a p-mag, take that woodsball!

OK -- I've gone as far as an EO Tech, but the Aimpoint (knockoff) fits best. (pre-Tuna version)
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y24/HOMELANDEFENDER/ETac3.jpg

It says alot about the E-Mag design -- The Ego many will say is the pinnacle of design, but the Mag just "feels" better suited to slugging it out in the dirt. This field was very dusty in the staging areas, and it rained during sessions towards the end. Mags IMO were made for and just work better in these poor conditions.

Its also is cool to have many players come up to you and ask questions about AutoMags as they're holding onto their "latest and greatest" markers. Its funny how many really think Mags are horrible with paint, and are "slow" and all. And when they actually see a good running example, they all get really interested in getting a closer look.

Its sort of like owning a classic 60's era muscle car -- funny how people just want to look at it and check it out. - lol.

HLD...

BigEvil
04-25-2006, 07:34 AM
HLD, thats a sweet E-tac. That thing is crying out for the Xmod :-)
Those scepter barrels are awesome arent they?
I will take some new pics of my etac and post them up later tonight.

The only thing that bugs me about the Etac is a lack of an ACE system. Even if AGD ACE boards were available, I dont think you could fit them with the rail.

AGD-OfficeGal
04-25-2006, 04:42 PM
And the E-Tac is currently on sale ............. :shooting:

personman
04-25-2006, 04:58 PM
Do they come with the Micro E-mag style battery packs now?

HOMELANDEFENDER
04-25-2006, 10:29 PM
HLD, thats a sweet E-tac. That thing is crying out for the Xmod :-)
Those scepter barrels are awesome arent they?
I will take some new pics of my etac and post them up later tonight.

The only thing that bugs me about the Etac is a lack of an ACE system. Even if AGD ACE boards were available, I dont think you could fit them with the rail.

Thanks for the nice comments guys.

Its only a matter of time before I go X Mod.. To be honest, I'm just sitting back and finally coming to the conclusion that the Beta testing is probably on its way to being completed. Haven't seen any recent issues. X Mod will happen real soon for me as well. As far as ACE is concerned -- I'm not one to need to go any faster than 15 bps anyway for woodsball duty. The Lv10's been doing its job , and I hope I won't need ACE -- love the Tac body.

HLD...

BTW --- Scepter -- I have the 7 piece kit -- yes it does rock. Quiet , accurate, perfect for the E Mag. I've found that my Mag really likes the 16" barrel. Funny, I thought it would be too long, but it sits farther into the mainbody than other markers so its not so long afterall. And I've seen very good results with the added barrel length --- better ball on ball accuracy at extended ranges.

Brimstone
04-25-2006, 10:32 PM
awsome nice gun dude

TheTramp
04-26-2006, 12:19 PM
Do they come with the Micro E-mag style battery packs now?

I had to buy mine separately from Pro Team.

LONEWOLFOO1
04-27-2006, 07:05 AM
i love the look of your emag but agd needs to make tac one warp feed frame since i play scenerio i want to look down the barrel of my gun. tunaman said that there coming out with some but i have not heard from him since. i own a tac one myself. i just want a tac one warp feed frame since its a scenerio gun they should give us that option. what the name of your stock?

http://i3.tinypic.com/wk1ogy.jpg

http://i3.tinypic.com/wk1on9.jpg

tell me that it won't be cool to have a tac one warp feed frame.

HOMELANDEFENDER
04-27-2006, 06:21 PM
i love the look of your emag but agd needs to make tac one warp feed frame since i play scenerio i want to look down the barrel of my gun. tunaman said that there coming out with some but i have not heard from him since. i own a tac one myself. i just want a tac one warp feed frame since its a scenerio gun they should give us that option. what the name of your stock?

Dude -- I've been waiting for the Warped Tac Body for a Q Loader mod myself, but all I hear is talk. Also heard that they may come out with a 90* elbow to thread in place of the center feed. This would allow for a reduced profile -- but haven't seen that happen either. I'm not holding my breath. Nice Gat BTW...

The folding stock is from JCS -- called the Combat Stock -- http://www.pbreview.com/products/reviews/2209/

HLD...

Big'n slo
04-27-2006, 06:26 PM
Dude -- I've been waiting for the Warped Tac Body for a Q Loader mod myself, but all I hear is talk. Also heard that they may come out with a 90* elbow to thread in place of the center feed. This would allow for a reduced profile -- but haven't seen that happen either. I'm not holding my breath. Nice Gat BTW...

The folding stock is from JCS -- called the Combat Stock -- http://www.pbreview.com/products/reviews/2209/

HLD...

Yes HLD there is a santa claus

http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=196107

m-a-r-k-7
04-27-2006, 06:34 PM
tell me that it won't be cool to have a tac one warp feed frame.

And then seven hours later, this is posted. http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=196107

LONEWOLFOO1
04-27-2006, 06:48 PM
man i should complain more often i am going to sell the longbow now!!!! all i wanted to do is look down the barrel.

ABTOCMEPTb
04-27-2006, 06:51 PM
I am bringing my e-tac/apex to EMR this saturday.

going_home
04-27-2006, 07:05 PM
quote:
I'm really thinking that the Ego was maybe a wrong move now after using both head to head. The E Mag was more than fast enough for suppression tactics.
:end quote.

I also have both.
Just got an Emag from Tunaman about a month ago.
And I also have an 06 Ego.

Ever been to a field that starts out the day filling to 4000 and by noon
its only filling to 3000 ?

Better keep the Ego just for that purpose.
Mags are air hogs, one game and out on 3000.
Ego's are air sippers, you can play 2 or 3 games on 3000.

HOMELANDEFENDER
04-27-2006, 10:29 PM
quote:
I'm really thinking that the Ego was maybe a wrong move now after using both head to head. The E Mag was more than fast enough for suppression tactics.
:end quote.

I also have both.
Just got an Emag from Tunaman about a month ago.
And I also have an 06 Ego.

Ever been to a field that starts out the day filling to 4000 and by noon
its only filling to 3000 ?

Better keep the Ego just for that purpose.
Mags are air hogs, one game and out on 3000.
Ego's are air sippers, you can play 2 or 3 games on 3000.

You know its funny you've mentioned that point -- Its exactly one of the reasons why I picked up the Ego -- efficient. And thats a good enough reason to keep it. Don't get me wrong -- it is a stylin piece, just not my primary woodsball canon.

As for the NEW warped tac body --- I guess I should have asked for AGD carbonfiber E Mag grips as well - lol. Very cool.

HLD...