PDA

View Full Version : promotion/cool idea for AGD

Vegeta
12-18-2001, 06:00 PM
Wrap your minds around this:

At a tourney, you see a AGD booth, so, you forget everything in your mind and walk over like any sane person would. You see many ppl lined up, and wonder wahts going on. There, on the table, is a mag trigger frame connected to a mag, with no barel, but instead a electronic device on top of it. There is a cable runnign out of it, connected to a computer manned by an AGD staffer. The player is holding this contraption in his/her hand and doing, what looks to you, like tring to pull the trigger as fast as they can.

A AGD Trigger finger speed tester.
Got the idea after seeing Tom post he can shoot up to 12.5 bps. Then I "Air Stroked" to try and see how fast I could.. unsuccessful, for I owuld need computer equipment to meausre it.
This would be easy to program.. just a simple program that reads electronic signals coming from a standard 1 or 2 finger AGD trigger frame. The shooter trys their hardest to pull off the fstes shots they can get withing an amount of time, and the computer graphs their pulls and peak.

Wouldn't that beat all? I mean.. I know AGD could whip up something like that.. possible at the next Skyball.. since that is one HUGE promotion oppourtunity. You would have so many people lined up.. and while they are waiting, they could be looking at new AGD products in the booth!

Cool? Not cool? What?

zvanut
12-18-2001, 06:02 PM
imo that idea would rock. it would be cool :)

FooTemps
12-18-2001, 06:09 PM
Have to make sure that short strokes don't count as shots...

Man, that would be awesome to see someone trying to rip 15 bps like they say they can... lol, that would be great laughs...

xmetal2001
12-18-2001, 06:11 PM
yeah...you could have some kinda contest for fastest trigger finger

irbodden
12-18-2001, 06:12 PM
It could also show that an Emag is capable of keeping up with a superduper Angel.

MajorDamage
12-18-2001, 06:18 PM
Your forgetting that most chronos can do the same thing, you shoot over them in a long burst and it tells you your speed.

ENDO!

FooTemps
12-18-2001, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by MajorDamage
Your forgetting that most chronos can do the same thing, you shoot over them in a long burst and it tells you your speed.

ENDO!

Yes, the only problem is that it can't be used in a booth and wastes paint... This "trigger finger dyno" is a much easier way to see how fast someone can fire... It can also be integrated into a valve dyno so we can see that the mag charges way faster than the angel...

MajorDamage
12-18-2001, 06:23 PM
Yeah, I see your point.

ENDO!

Vegeta
12-18-2001, 08:42 PM
Or, if you remeber the post in Deep Blue about hte "Unoficial" reg testing.. well.. how bout a live demonstration. AGD could challenge any gun to a recharge time test on their set up.

If possible, you might not have to intergrate this trigger finger dyno into a valve... the computer could have a build in shootdown/recharge time. So essentially all it would be is an Intelliframe with a serial cable and a few radio shack parts and a program, which Im sure you can get a programmer to do by sprinkling Cheetos around the PC.
The program would automatically add in recharge time to your strokes and compensate. Or it could just be a frame to see who has the fastest stand alone finger, for futeure AGD guns won't haev ANY recharge time.. right Tom? :)

FooTemps
12-18-2001, 08:47 PM
the only problem with this is that those elf worshipers will say that the program is rigged for the mag...

MajorDamage
12-18-2001, 08:49 PM
Or that the mag itself is rigged.:eek: Did I just blow your mind? lol :D

ENDO!

datapimp69
12-18-2001, 11:05 PM
you guys forget that you have to do it with air.

what returns the trigger to its starting placement ?

the valve !

this is still a good idea, but it could be done better.

get this

you just make a barrel that goes in the mag with a sensor in the end.

you could just twist and put into the next mag and try again.

click it into a classic mag.
then into an RT.
then into a emag.
single trigger.
double trigger.
and any combo of the above.

you could test all the different types with one device.

its just my 2 cents

FooTemps
12-18-2001, 11:08 PM
What would the sensor measure? air bursts? It would count short strokes as shots...

slushee
12-19-2001, 02:56 AM
If Tom is watching, this could very well be why he hosts AO! Those are some great ideas. I can definatly see people lining up to 'test' their trigger fingers and live demonstrations of the recharge rates for different guns .. and all the while having AGD 'stuff' lying around for them to buy.. Some great ideas to create marketing opportunities..

AGD
12-19-2001, 04:03 AM
Been done already guys, the PACT crono will tell you your time between shots by listening to the gun fire. They brought one to world cup one year and the fastest guy was Lasoya at 13.

AGD

Webmaster
12-19-2001, 11:36 AM
I want to try the Pact - i am VERY interested in how fast I can pull the emag...

Manuel_FZR
12-19-2001, 03:46 PM
Hey ... that would be verry cool!
Myself I make on my Mini like 6 or 7 ... on a friendīs Angel I made 9. He (the Angel-friend) sometimes gets 11 normally 10 ... but that really rocks, when balls come out with 10bps ... but it would be amazing to see 13 :eek:

Janixs
12-19-2001, 04:14 PM
Why not set up the PACT crono. So you can measure how fast people can shot their own gun. Then have them try an E-Mag to see how fast they can shot it. You may surprise someone and bring him or her over to the dark side.

paintballer187
12-19-2001, 06:40 PM
yeah this is a really cool idea

Vegeta
12-19-2001, 09:26 PM
thats it.. i am going to radio shack, getting a SPST microswitch, putting it on a trigger frame, and hooking it up to......! (get ready for GREAT IDEA here)
A walking pedometer thingy. You see em in junk magazines. They have a little counter that is connected to a sensor that, whn shook.. counts up 1..

Now how will i measure in BPS? shoot for 10 seconds as fast and steady as possible, then do the math, shots fired divides by 600 (60 seconds, 1 minuter, by 10 mintues) thats my average BPS. All i gotta do is cut off teh gyro sensor thing, and splice in the wire leading to the micro switch.

Also, the gyro/shake-detector thing that senses your walking COULD be intergrated into a warp/revo and when teh gun shakes/hopper shakes, it could be wired like an intelli to where it turns on the hopper , like the Mach 404 (only turning on the warp/revvy instead of shaking a vibrator thingy. that was funny for soem sick reason. er.)

see my drift here? hehehe. mastermind strikes again. now go and find problems with my ideas, my elves!

Tom, you knwo about testing bps and such... (the, what was it.. 36 bps using a computer-driven mag in.. what was it.. 93`? I forget the article.. but your the man on the deal.