PDA

View Full Version : Mounting a red dot on a ULE

anotherpbnewb
04-25-2006, 04:46 PM
Is there any way to mount a red dot sight on a ULE? (duck tape doesnt count)
I can mount my .22 scope onto the sight rail but I cant get my old adco sight to fit. Would the emag sight rail work? Or is there some other weaver sight rail that fits on the ULE?

Phantom_Mag
04-25-2006, 04:49 PM
Ive had the classic site rails on one of my ule bodies, BUT you have to put a set screw on the body.

anotherpbnewb
04-26-2006, 01:43 PM
Will the emag sight rail work?

Arstron
04-26-2006, 03:11 PM
You arent using a classic rail by any chance are you (as opposed to a RT style rail)? If so you can use the wings on the classic rail to mount your site. :dance:

anotherpbnewb
04-26-2006, 08:23 PM
No I have the RT style rail. Is there way I can get the classic rail on my ULE RT?

athomas
04-27-2006, 04:47 PM
Is there any way to mount a red dot sight on a ULE? (duck tape doesnt count)
I can mount my .22 scope onto the sight rail but I cant get my old adco sight to fit. Would the emag sight rail work? Or is there some other weaver sight rail that fits on the ULE?

The ADCO uses a 25mm scope ring and a larger mount. The .22 scope probably uses a smaller scope ring with a 3/8" dovetail. Find a 25mm scope ring with a 3/8" dovetail mount and your ADCO sight will mount the same as your .22 scope.

Jaan
04-28-2006, 12:22 AM
There's another alternative that your Duck Tape comment reminded me of.

3M makes some great double sided tape. I've been using it for years. They actually make several different types for different applications but the one I like is meant to be used for automotive trim. Sticks like crazy, strong as hell, but when you take it off it comes off clean, at least it has for me. So far I've used it in applications where I haven't wanted to damage the surface and it's worked wonders. I used it to mount the surround sound speakers to my sides of my TV 5 years and those heavy speakers are still there (with only a couple of small pieces too) and I used it to mount my 12 disk CD changer to the back wall of my pickup truck cab vertically behind the seat 6 1/2 years ago and it's stuck through many off roading adventures and 7 New England winters.

You could just take a simple sight rail, the kind you find in gun shops to be mounted with screws to a shotgun for example, and just tape it to the top. Hell, if it was made a certain way you could just tape the sight to the gun and forgo a rail and rings.

pump
04-28-2006, 04:30 AM
if you cant find thin 3m Tape, only the thick stuff try Flooring tape from Scotch works just as well in some applicaitons