PDA

View Full Version : Jim Drew's at it again...

cledford
04-25-2006, 07:51 PM
Check out http://www.wickedairsportz.com/

So much BS (even for Jim) I'm speechless. Why he has to weave lies, half-truths and BS to sell good products is beyond me. Now he's stooped to bashing other companies as well. Amazing - and Jack Rice - the only guy who can give JD a run forthe money. Guy doesn't understand a lick of physics, fluid dynamics and engineering, yet ckaims to have designed a marker that shoots flatter using "surfing" logic.

The more things change the more they stay the same. At least the 'noid looks interesting.

-Calvin

WenULiVeUdiE
04-25-2006, 08:04 PM
All JD did was buy the solenoids in bulk, slap his name on it, and call it a new and innovative design. Ehh, he's always good for a few laughs.

Jack Rice- He seems to be a misconstrued guy. His product is great and all, but he is merely stubborn. Then again, wouldn't wqe all be if people were calling us out against our prouducts? Ehh, it's not worth the effort...

Steelrat
04-25-2006, 08:14 PM
As much as some might despise Jim Drew, I'll be damned if his WAS boards for AKA markers aren't still the best boards made for that marker.

thefool
04-25-2006, 08:18 PM
even though being nearly 1/2 the size of the Humphrey solenoid, draw 8 times the power (4 watts vs. 1/2 watt). They work with our boards, but not most others (i.e. Tadao, Tag, Virtue, Advantage, Lucky, etc.) due to our superior hardware designs.

lol

first of all... the last sentence crakes me up i mean... due to our superior hardware designs. is a brilliant line

also if it draws 8 times the power it seams like all they are doing is over driving it an allowing it to burn out a lot faster

BigEvil
04-25-2006, 08:19 PM
"Please remember, if you do not have an Equalizer board in your marker, this solenoid WILL NOT WORK!"

:rofl:

Tunaman
04-25-2006, 08:31 PM
all these fancy parts...marketing...bs...and they still can't get one to shoot as fast as a Mag! Keep throwing your dollars to them. They love it! :tard: :D

Steelrat
04-25-2006, 08:33 PM
all these fancy parts...marketing...bs...and they still can't get one to shoot as fast as a Mag! Keep throwing your dollars to them. They love it! :tard: :D

I'm working on it ;) I still tell Z-man that the viking is the fastest marker with a playable setup, as I didn't need the big ol' scuba to hit 31 bps :D

CoolHand
04-25-2006, 08:35 PM
even though being nearly 1/2 the size of the Humphrey solenoid, draw 8 times the power (4 watts vs. 1/2 watt). They work with our boards, but not most others (i.e. Tadao, Tag, Virtue, Advantage, Lucky, etc.) due to our superior hardware designs.

lol

first of all... the last sentence crakes me up i mean... due to our superior hardware designs. is a brilliant line

also if it draws 8 times the power it seams like all they are doing is over driving it an allowing it to burn out a lot faster

Not over driving it, it just has a much bigger coil.

Bigger coil = larger shifting force = quicker reaction = higher ROF = Uses More Juice

They look very promising to me, we shall see . . . . .

Z-man
04-25-2006, 08:39 PM
I'm working on it ;) I still tell Z-man that the viking is the fastest marker with a playable setup, as I didn't need the big ol' scuba to hit 31 bps :D

Just you wait my child... The year is still young and you never know what sort of toys I might show up with...

WenULiVeUdiE
04-25-2006, 09:10 PM
:rofl:

Don't be so quick to laugh. Quite a few boards can not operate this solenoid as it requires more amperage (or is it current? Ahh, one of those electrical terms) than any other solenoid used for paintball today. However, it is not true that only WAS boards can run them.

CoolHand
04-25-2006, 09:19 PM
Don't be so quick to laugh. Quite a few boards can not operate this solenoid as it requires more amperage (or is it current? Ahh, one of those electrical terms) than any other solenoid used for paintball today. However, it is not true that only WAS boards can run them.

Amperes are a unit of current.

Current is the flow of charge along a wire.

jenarelJAM
04-26-2006, 12:41 AM
As much as some might despise Jim Drew, I'll be damned if his WAS boards for AKA markers aren't still the best boards made for that marker.
I'm liking my tadao.

As much as that post is filled with hype and obvious marketing, I feel that it is likely that he does have a solenoid that cycles at 120 cps. The thing that I don't think is likely, is that this new solenoid will significantly increase the cycle time. Also, I'm more interested in features and convenience in a board than in raw speed. Cool, your Timmy can shoot 47 bps, I can only pull 12 bps, I don't mind if you want to spend four times as much on paint and get kicked off the field, while I can see if I have:
paintball loaded
no paintball loaded
eyes clogged
eyes off
just by the color of the led window at a glance.

thecavemankevin
04-26-2006, 02:08 PM
i'd like to meet the man that can pull the trigger at 120 cps. And so what if your (insert whatever marker here) can fire at 30-40 bps. No field will allow it, so that rules out ramping boards, but moreover that no one can pull that fast at semi so.....it may be cool that your gun can do it, but can you get your gun to do it?

meh, not very practicle past 25bps IMO.

BTW, i thought JD sold WAS and was no longer involved with them....??? If i'm right, guess they kept the same marketing staff around.

CoolHand
04-26-2006, 03:49 PM
i'd like to meet the man that can pull the trigger at 120 cps. And so what if your (insert whatever marker here) can fire at 30-40 bps. No field will allow it, so that rules out ramping boards, but moreover that no one can pull that fast at semi so.....it may be cool that your gun can do it, but can you get your gun to do it?

meh, not very practicle past 25bps IMO.

BTW, i thought JD sold WAS and was no longer involved with them....??? If i'm right, guess they kept the same marketing staff around.

You gotta look past all the JDBS.

The 'noid is smaller than what is available now, and it is faster. That's enough for me. Means it will fit in many places current 'noids won't, and will keep up with anything I can come up with, like say a full auto chain gun. :eek: or maybe just a nice M2 .50 cal replica, which just happens to cycle three times as fast as the real thing.

What? It's possible.

PLUS, there are all sorts of nifty uses for these things outside of PB. Remember, MAC didn't develop this for us, we just happen to benefit from it.

Anyway, when I get a few in hand, I will commence with teh testing. Any crappiness, or lack thereof will be reported.

Also, JD has said publically that he "sold" the company to an LLC, which he is the president of. So, basically, he made a big stink out of getting incorporation papers drawn up. Ever the showman. :rolleyes:

hitech
04-26-2006, 03:53 PM
Do you know how many watts an eMag solenoid draws? It is way over 8... ;)

Steelrat
04-26-2006, 04:12 PM
Do you know how many watts an eMag solenoid draws? It is way over 8... ;)

Maybe he meant boards that drive that type of solenoid?

SCpoloRicker
04-26-2006, 04:54 PM
I'd like to pridefully call out that I've said ramping with ROF limits was not only inevitable, but nipping a problem in the bud. That said, I'm definately in the "wait and see" category when it comes to ROF/COF rates, marketing, and Jim Drew.

Ydna
04-27-2006, 10:18 AM
Maybe he meant boards that drive that type of solenoid?
Yeesh...well one of the issues with big honkin solenoids like the one in emags is the heat buildup problem. In the mag the entire frame grounds it out, so it's not an issue. But that's not the case with any other gun, except the pVI Shockers.

NoLifeLeft
04-30-2006, 05:09 AM
Wow... Eight times the current draw. Wonder how the average life of your standard 9v will drop.

jenarelJAM
05-01-2006, 12:54 AM
Wow... Eight times the current draw. Wonder how the average life of your standard 9v will drop.
thats a good point. It kinda defeats the purpose of having a small solenoid if you then need to find a place in the gun for six AA's instead of a 9v. (6AA's= 6*1.5=9v)

FinchMan
05-01-2006, 01:49 AM
thats a good point. It kinda defeats the purpose of having a small solenoid if you then need to find a place in the gun for six AA's instead of a 9v. (6AA's= 6*1.5=9v)

maybe they'll start using large battery packs as forgips. :tard:

FallNAngel
05-01-2006, 01:22 PM
maybe they'll start using large battery packs as forgips. :tard:

Yeah right... what kinda crazy company would do someth... wait, nevermind. :D