PDA

View Full Version : Paint accounts?

CKY_Alliance
04-26-2006, 01:28 PM
Ok so my team may have a sponsor..but our sponsor wants to set up an account to buy paint with out all the mark-up..i know you can get accounts with national but do you have to own a store? How can you go about gettin an avccount for personal use? Are there any other dealers out there..i know most stores go through NPS but can you just go straight to say...draxxus for paint? Or any other manufacturer..i understand we may have to buy in bulk for like the first order or whatever and thats fine..just wondering if anyone on the forum has an account with someone or what not and can explain to me how i need to go about doing this because we are tired of paying such a high price for crappy practice paint..any info is greatly appreciated! :cheers:

Dark Frost17
04-26-2006, 03:38 PM
well how much are you looking to buy at a time....?

CKY_Alliance
04-26-2006, 06:02 PM
Ok well thats good because we own a buisness..so if we have a buissness license then we should be able to get an account?..i relize you have to buy in bulk..and first order generally has to be a grand or so..

punkncat
04-26-2006, 08:41 PM
Just to spell it out for you...

what they are looking for is for you to sell so much paint per (period) in order to finance your "sponsorship". Its not uncommon. If you can sell so much paint then they will cover certain low cost goods like your clothes or packs etc....

As soon as you fall below the minimum then your sponsorship will end or change to the benifit of them. This is not a real sponsorship, as you will be paying for the goods you get, just by selling paint for them.

In other words you become their paint ***** and they "sponsor" you at little(no) cost to themselves.

Good luck

CKY_Alliance
04-26-2006, 08:55 PM
No, it's more like my team getting an account and buying paint in bulk..but instead of us paying for it our "sponsor" is..which is a local company.It's not a sponsership from NPS..which seems like you are thinking punkcat...Im going to look into other places to buy paint direct.but we would prefer to get an account with national that way we can get gear and paint..my biggest question i think i answered myself after taking a second look at NPS site...so yea...

Lohman446
04-26-2006, 09:16 PM
Bulk is generally skids at a time. Your easiest way may be to "piggyback" an order wtih one of the local stores where you order a skid with his regular shipment, pay for it + a fee to the store owner for letting you order through him.

AnthonyW
04-27-2006, 12:29 PM
NPS requires that you spend $750 on products, not paint or guns for your first order. other places want you to order a skid of paint (draxxus). So catch 22 you either get way to much paint or alot of accesories you dont need.

punkncat
04-27-2006, 10:25 PM
No, it's more like my team getting an account and buying paint in bulk..but instead of us paying for it our "sponsor" is..which is a local company.It's not a sponsership from NPS..which seems like you are thinking punkcat...

Yes, right I gotcha. I misread the first time through.

I would check with a local proshop or similar group, especially one with a sponsored team playing out of the shop. As lohman had mentioned if you can piggyback an order it had mutual benifits.

Most shops get kickbacks for the volume of paint sold. Most of them will take a deep discount on a "non competitive" bulk order as it will help them out as well. I know a few local teams that do this in exchange for non disclosure and as I mentioned before, being non competitve...ie not selling the paint to someone else cheaper than at the shop.

paintman1142
04-27-2006, 11:53 PM
The UMass Paintball club has an account with NPS and we dont have a store.