PDA

View Full Version : Micromag Upgrades?

coldvamp13
04-27-2006, 07:42 AM
Hey guys, I'm new to the forum and not sure if this is the correct area to post this, but here goes. I have an original Micromag that I bought in approx. 1998. I really would like to upgrade this gun to trick it out, but I'm not sure what I can do to the gun. It was my backup for years so its in PERFECT condition. Any ideas? I have no clue!!!!

Severe
04-27-2006, 07:50 AM
Adding a Level 10 bolt if you don't already have it is a good functional upgrade.

Beyond that, a new barrel and possibly an Intelliframe.

Vircolac
04-27-2006, 11:05 AM
on my Micromag 2000 includes the X-valve, gas through foregrip, replacing the Benchmark frame with an Intelliframe, the Pro Team drop forward, and a ULT trigger upgrade.

Your Micromag is an earlier model, so I wouldn't promise that all my upgrades will work on yours. One problem you may have is getting any exterior "appearance" upgrades to match, especially if you have a Micro with one of those different anno jobs Micromags used to come in. I would definitely recommend the X-valve; that upgrade effectively gave me a brand new marker in terms of performance.

athomas
04-27-2006, 04:37 PM
If you like the gun, the level 10 bolt upgrade plus an intelliframe or one of the new aftermarket frames are great upgrades. If you want a lighter trigger feel, put a retro valve on-off assembly in. Some people use the ULT but it can be hit or miss whether it works in a classic valve or not. The retro on-off offers a good compromise by reducing the trigger pull by half and it always works.

The great thing about mags is that the body and frame parts will work on all models (except the original RT). Your minimag will accept all upgrades made for mags.