PDA

View Full Version : Slug Bodies ... well, never mind.

AGD-OfficeGal
04-27-2006, 03:22 PM
I've located a dealer who has four slug bodies available. PM me if you are interested.

Marcia
AGD-USA

Tunaman
04-27-2006, 04:37 PM
Alas..they are gone. :D

Aeronautica86
04-27-2006, 04:38 PM
Alas..they are gone. :D

:cuss:

so what are you going to do with them?

behemoth
04-27-2006, 04:54 PM
:cuss:

so what are you going to do with them?

Mostlikely something sexier than you could ;)

Aeronautica86
04-27-2006, 05:18 PM
Mostlikely something sexier than you could ;)

I don't really doubt it but we will see, but lets not go making presuppositions eh?

punkncat
04-27-2006, 09:04 PM
I've located a dealer who has four slug bodies available. PM me if you are interested.

Marcia
AGD-USA

Maybe I have missed something...

...but given the demand for these why isn't AGD doing something about it?

Sure would be nice to see another run of DW bodies hit.....

once again I would like to say that perhaps I may have missed something....

behemoth
04-27-2006, 09:09 PM
I don't really doubt it but we will see, but lets not go making presuppositions eh?

its TUNAMAN.

Aeronautica86
04-27-2006, 09:28 PM
its TUNAMAN.

I was just messin with ya bud :cheers:

nliwarrior13
04-27-2006, 10:12 PM
the question is.. what CAN'T tuna do with them :nono: :nono:

Magglerock
04-27-2006, 10:39 PM
its TUNAMAN.

And your point is? He never produced a unique body design. He slaps together 'mags from off-the-shelf parts in pretty colors. If Ao'ers can't get them, send them to Colin and the DW crew.

Magglerock
04-27-2006, 10:40 PM
the question is.. what CAN'T tuna do with them :nono: :nono:

Jeez, I don't know...CAD a really cool looking body?

Strider
04-27-2006, 11:39 PM
*listens to the sound barrier break as Tunaman flashes by*

:ninja:

Gogo Tunaman :)

RapidTransit
04-28-2006, 10:16 AM
And your point is? He never produced a unique body design. He slaps together 'mags from off-the-shelf parts in pretty colors. If Ao'ers can't get them, send them to Colin and the DW crew.
They didn't want to do my slug, I'm still looking for someone right now. By the time I find someone though I have a feeling my 4 Axis CNC mill will be finished :tard:

st6212
04-29-2006, 09:20 AM
Very curious as to what Tunaman has in mind for those slugs.

Any hints ? ;)

Tunaman
04-29-2006, 06:05 PM
They are for sale...to the highest bidder. :D

Chaos_Theory!
04-29-2006, 06:46 PM
Meh, go figure, he bought them to make a lil money.

Magglerock
04-30-2006, 04:36 PM

That's the AO spirit, jerk.

Beemer
04-30-2006, 05:53 PM
That's the AO spirit, jerk.

Back off Jack, that was uncalled for. :nono:

Peace out

http://home.comcast.net/~beemerone/AoIL.gif

Magglerock
05-01-2006, 11:36 PM
Back off Jack, that was uncalled for. :nono:

Peace out

http://home.comcast.net/~beemerone/AoIL.gif

Was it? A guy who claims to be a supporter of the community goes and buys all remaining slugs so he can up their price and resell them to the highest bidder? He has no intention of creating a new design for the market, nor does he intend to create something for himself. Meanwhile, you've got lots of folks (mostly kids) who were hoping to just get one so they could get their dream creation made and play happily ever after. No, you're right - Tuna IS cool! :rolleyes: Really, how pathetic is that? I mean, how much does he think he's going to make? A hundred at best? Is he that hard-up? It's like stealing candy from baby.

And no, I'm not bitter. I have a slug, and I had one made into the design I wanted. I just wish more people could have the opportunity to do the same, instead of being gauged by dealer a-holes.

He'll get his in the end, anyway. How many customers do you think there's going to be for new mags in the next year? And after that? Tuna's going to be bagging groceries before the decade's over.

jman511115
05-01-2006, 11:48 PM
Was it? A guy who claims to be a supporter of the community goes and buys all remaining slugs so he can up their price and resell them to the highest bidder? He has no intention of creating a new design for the market, nor does he intend to create something for himself. Meanwhile, you've got lots of folks (mostly kids) who were hoping to just get one so they could get their dream creation made and play happily ever after. No, you're right - Tuna IS cool! :rolleyes: Really, how pathetic is that? I mean, how much does he think he's going to make? A hundred at best? Is he that hard-up? It's like stealing candy from baby.

And no, I'm not bitter. I have a slug, and I had one made into the design I wanted. I just wish more people could have the opportunity to do the same, instead of being gauged by dealer a-holes.

He'll get his in the end, anyway. How many customers do you think there's going to be for new mags in the next year? And after that? Tuna's going to be bagging groceries before the decade's over.

Wow.

shorty24
05-02-2006, 12:16 AM

*runs and hides before verbal onslaught...

Vex
05-02-2006, 12:36 AM
Tuna's going to be bagging groceries before the decade's over.

And no, I'm not bitter.
Could've fooled me...

FooTemps
05-02-2006, 02:03 AM

Okay, I was going to let this slide, but now that you slandered Tuna like this I've got to jump in...

Tunaman is the man who got me invovled with paintball. He gave me my first mag. He sent me a classic mag with a cp barrel, paid for shipping himself, and gave me encouragement to play.

You're basically implying that he steals away kid's dreams to sell to the highest bidder. Thing is, kids dream and that's all they do. Realizing dreams is something that is far above the scope of a child's capability and skill. I was nowhere near the financial capability of buying my dream mag and I was not in a good position to buy a cheap marker anyway. My parents hated paintball. Because of Tuna, I was able to play regularly with my own setup.

I'd have to say that he is the opposite of this whole "jerk" idea you are trying to perpetuate. He's the one who fuels people's dreams and helps them on their way. I'm not the only guy he's helped out. Among my years at AO, I've seen at least 3 members get started with contributions from AO members (including Tunaman).

Apparently, you've got tons of AO spirit from this string of posts, jerk

Beemer
05-02-2006, 04:37 AM
Was it? Ya it was. you have to lower yourself to name calling? A guy who claims to be a supporter of the community goes and buys all remaining slugs so he can up their price and resell them to the highest bidder? He has more support in his little finger nail then you will ever have. He has no intention of creating a new design for the market, nor does he intend to create something for himself. Did you learn that from your crystal ball? No, you're right - Tuna IS cool! First time Ive been right all year and yup he is. Really, how pathetic is that? I mean, how much does he think he's going to make? A hundred at best? Is he that hard-up? It's like stealing candy from baby.
You blew it here. THEN you call him a dealer[Doh] :spit_take You must not have read the First post. Another dealer couldnt or didnt want to move them. I got cash right now to buy retail. I bet he would sell me one for that. Maybe not. Whats the problem? Did you miss the big Grin to. Ya a c-note at best x 4 thats pocket change :cheers:

Really, what are you going to do with the slug? Would love to see the one you had made. [pic] Gauged is a word but I think you ment gouged[slang] :ninja: Its not that hard to post with out breaking the rules, NO NAME CALLING. Ya he"s a DEALER.

He'll get his in the end, anyway. How many customers do you think there's going to be for new mags in the next year? And after that? Tuna's going to be bagging groceries before the decade's over. I dont know how many? No he wont, he's making four large on some slugs. :wow: You are bitter.

Peace Out

jman511115
05-02-2006, 08:23 AM
Peace Out

Thank you, saved me the time and effort. :D

phantomhitman
05-02-2006, 09:40 AM
Apparently, you've got tons of AO spirit from this string of posts, jerk
beauty is in the eyes of the beholder

I do not care if he overprices them, gives them away, or makes a custom body. He is a smart man to snatch them all up before anyone else in order to re-sell them.

RapidTransit
05-02-2006, 10:28 AM
I wonder what kid is gonna pay for 4-Axis milling for a one off design to begin with. :tard:

GT
05-02-2006, 11:22 AM
I am still at a loss as to why agd cant make more of these

FooTemps
05-02-2006, 11:53 AM
beauty is in the eyes of the beholder

I do not care if he overprices them, gives them away, or makes a custom body. He is a smart man to snatch them all up before anyone else in order to re-sell them.

Well of course it's a smart move to do so. If I was running a business I'd do the same exact thing. It's just plain ol business sense.

luke
05-02-2006, 11:55 AM

Humm, you're kidding right?

Resurection
05-02-2006, 12:41 PM
and I thought I was bitter about the resale of Devilmags... this guy makes me look saintly.

Stealth Fighter
05-02-2006, 02:10 PM

http://smilies.vidahost.com/cwm/cwm/eek7.gif WOAH!! Didn't see that coming, I can feel the hate.

luke
05-02-2006, 02:20 PM
I wouldnt call that being a jerk, just smart business. And your statement is indiciative of the "AO spirit" Ive seen lately.

If Tuna didnt snatch them up, I likely would have. That's the way capitalism works. Yes, dealers are here to make money.

Tuna just does it will providing a valuable service to AO'ers that few others do. Anyone who thinks that "slapping together off-the-shelf parts" is what he does, or is easy, should try it sometime.

So let's get off this high-horse, and get real. Tuna isnt a philanthropist, he is in it to make money. He cant pay his bills with "AO Spirit".

Well said.

Fred
05-02-2006, 06:54 PM
if you really want a slug... go make one... Tom gave away the CAD drawings forever ago. they're in the Tech section to download.

:cry:

Tunaman
05-02-2006, 10:37 PM

He'll get his in the end, anyway. How many customers do you think there's going to be for new mags in the next year? And after that? Tuna's going to be bagging groceries before the decade's over.You know something little boy? It is really none of your business what I buy and when I buy it. If you wanted one/needed one you could have just asked. But no. You insist on spewing feces from your mouth. Your intelligence really shows. And I will let you in on a little secret. The slug bodies have been out for 2 yrs or so now and nobody bought them so they were discontinued. And the ENTIRE batch of all FOUR slugs I bought is NOT the last of them. It seems evident that you don't have a clue about what you are talking about. I suggest you stop mumbling before you embarrass yourself even more. And as for selling Mags next year...well if it is 1/2 as good as this year I'll have enough money to buy ALL the rest of the slugs...and maybe even enough to buy the machinery to make my own. And about the groceries. You are right. I did bag groceries long before you were even a twinkle in your old mans' eye. I was actually considering giving these slugs away. What a shame for you eh? Try thinking before you talk. And if all of us dealers are "A-Holes", what does that make you? Grow up young man. Welcome to the real world. And you were right about one thing. I will get mine in the end. I worked hard for it and i deserve it. Sorry you feel the way you do.

jman511115
05-02-2006, 10:49 PM
Tunaman, if you do decide to sell them, I am sure there are plenty of AOers who would be happy to pay whatever price you were looking for. If you decide to give them away, I'm sure there are plenty of AOers who would love one. And Magglerock... you are a complete idiot.

Have a nice day!

st6212
05-02-2006, 11:22 PM
If I can find someone to mill a slug for me, I will definitely take one off Tuna's hands. I've contacted DW to get one cut in the Karta body. But no response yet :(

So hold one for me as long as you can, Tuna! LOL :D

Duzzy
05-02-2006, 11:43 PM
Oooh... An Aussie. I just took a Final in Aussie Lit today. Some good stuff in there. Some absolute junk as well but that is another time and a different post.

Rudz
05-02-2006, 11:54 PM
i wan gonna mix it up..but tuna can handle his own...and dont anyone ever think about dissing tuna like that..ever...he has a whole army behind him.... :shooting: good job tuna..

luke
05-03-2006, 08:47 AM
And the ENTIRE batch of all FOUR slugs I bought is NOT the last of them.

There are more to be had?

RapidTransit
05-03-2006, 10:22 AM
You know something little boy? It is really none of your business what I buy and when I buy it. If you wanted one/needed one you could have just asked. But no. You insist on spewing feces from your mouth. Your intelligence really shows. And I will let you in on a little secret. The slug bodies have been out for 2 yrs or so now and nobody bought them so they were discontinued. And the ENTIRE batch of all FOUR slugs I bought is NOT the last of them. It seems evident that you don't have a clue about what you are talking about. I suggest you stop mumbling before you embarrass yourself even more. And as for selling Mags next year...well if it is 1/2 as good as this year I'll have enough money to buy ALL the rest of the slugs...and maybe even enough to buy the machinery to make my own. And about the groceries. You are right. I did bag groceries long before you were even a twinkle in your old mans' eye. I was actually considering giving these slugs away. What a shame for you eh? Try thinking before you talk. And if all of us dealers are "A-Holes", what does that make you? Grow up young man. Welcome to the real world. And you were right about one thing. I will get mine in the end. I worked hard for it and i deserve it. Sorry you feel the way you do.
But how much will you sell one to me, I need another one for another project I got going.

Rudz
05-03-2006, 04:51 PM
QUOTE=luke]There are more to be had?[/QUOTE]

question is who has em...and how much..love to see my man luke have at em..

shorty24
05-03-2006, 05:28 PM
You know something little boy? It is really none of your business what I buy and when I buy it. If you wanted one/needed one you could have just asked. But no. You insist on spewing feces from your mouth. Your intelligence really shows. And I will let you in on a little secret. The slug bodies have been out for 2 yrs or so now and nobody bought them so they were discontinued. And the ENTIRE batch of all FOUR slugs I bought is NOT the last of them. It seems evident that you don't have a clue about what you are talking about. I suggest you stop mumbling before you embarrass yourself even more. And as for selling Mags next year...well if it is 1/2 as good as this year I'll have enough money to buy ALL the rest of the slugs...and maybe even enough to buy the machinery to make my own. And about the groceries. You are right. I did bag groceries long before you were even a twinkle in your old mans' eye. I was actually considering giving these slugs away. What a shame for you eh? Try thinking before you talk. And if all of us dealers are "A-Holes", what does that make you? Grow up young man. Welcome to the real world. And you were right about one thing. I will get mine in the end. I worked hard for it and i deserve it. Sorry you feel the way you do.

I wouldnt call that being a jerk, just smart business. And your statement is indiciative of the "AO spirit" Ive seen lately.

If Tuna didnt snatch them up, I likely would have. That's the way capitalism works. Yes, dealers are here to make money.

Tuna just does it will providing a valuable service to AO'ers that few others do. Anyone who thinks that "slapping together off-the-shelf parts" is what he does, or is easy, should try it sometime.

So let's get off this high-horse, and get real. Tuna isnt a philanthropist, he is in it to make money. He cant pay his bills with "AO Spirit".

+ Add in luke's comments...

Magglerock, you just got blasted by Rogue, Tunaman, and Luke :eek: . Smartest move I've ever seen anyone make on AO :tard: . I suggest you run away now...

/good luck ever building another mag...
//"True wisdom can be judged not by what comes out of the mouth, but by what doesn't"
///that means stfu

GT
05-04-2006, 02:49 PM
...well if it is 1/2 as good as this year I'll have enough money to buy ALL the rest of the slugs...and maybe even enough to buy the machinery to make my own. And about the groceries..

:hail: :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail:

Now that is what I like to see. Dealers stepp'n it up!!!!

:cheers:

Stealth Fighter
05-04-2006, 03:31 PM
And as for selling Mags next year...well if it is 1/2 as good as this year I'll have enough money to buy ALL the rest of the slugs...and maybe even enough to buy the machinery to make my own ...... I was actually considering giving these slugs away. What a shame for you eh? Try thinking before you talk. And if all of us dealers are "A-Holes", what does that make you? Grow up young man. Welcome to the real world. And you were right about one thing. I will get mine in the end. I worked hard for it and i deserve it. Sorry you feel the way you do.

OOOOoooooOOOOOO, PICK ME! PICK ME! :D

Best of luck with' em Tunaman, if you could do custom milling for people, like they design, you mill them, I bet you could make a killing that way.

Magglerock
05-05-2006, 11:29 AM

Does my intelligence show? Do you really want to compare degrees? Ok. Undergrad, Johns Hopkins University. Double major in political science and international relations. Picked up some Japanese along the way. MBA, Wharton, University of Pennsylvania (the Ivy League one, not the State school). Now you. Let me guess - "school of life blah, blah, blah". Do you ever look in the mirror and just want to end it all? I mean, you scrape together a living by selling children out-dated products for a fringe sport. "Might be able to buy the machinery". Wow! You mean you might be able to scrounge up a couple of thousand and by a CnC? Look out Bill Gates, here comes Tuna!

Really, you were going to give them away for free? Great! Who are you giving them to? Really, I'd like to see you give them away. I don't need one - I already have one. So, please, spread the love and send them off to the other fine members of this atrophied site. Everyone get in line - Tuna's going to give you a slug for free.

Oh wait. You're not? But I thought...but you said...you want how much for them? Tuna, why did you lie?

Magglerock
05-05-2006, 11:33 AM
i wan gonna mix it up..but tuna can handle his own...and dont anyone ever think about dissing tuna like that..ever...he has a whole army behind him.... :shooting: good job tuna..

AHHHHHH! He has an imaginary internet army behind him made up of children! Run away! Run away! God, you are a douche.

BigEvil
05-05-2006, 11:33 AM
^
^^
^^^
^
^

WOW :wow:

http://www.corante.com/brainwaves/archives/Paxil%20road.png

Arstron
05-05-2006, 12:21 PM
AHHHHHH! He has an imaginary internet army behind him made up of children! Run away! Run away! God, you are a douche.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

That proves his intelligence right there, everyone I know with multiple degrees talks just like that! I will stand behind you completely if you simply post a picture of your self standing in front of your framed degrees holding up a major credit cards in each hand. :dance:

Lohman446
05-05-2006, 12:29 PM
Does my intelligence show? Do you really want to compare degrees? Ok. Undergrad, Johns Hopkins University. Double major in political science and international relations. Picked up some Japanese along the way. MBA, Wharton, University of Pennsylvania (the Ivy League one, not the State school).

What a surprise, degrees that have very little to do with business. If I said something as stupid as you did I think I'd consider demanding my money back from those institutions. Just a thought. :D

/Further proof that degrees and education are not necessarily indicative of intelligence.
//Normally just parents who can afford to buy them.

jman511115
05-05-2006, 12:53 PM
Does my intelligence show? Do you really want to compare degrees? Ok. Undergrad, Johns Hopkins University. Double major in political science and international relations. Picked up some Japanese along the way. MBA, Wharton, University of Pennsylvania (the Ivy League one, not the State school). Now you. Let me guess - "school of life blah, blah, blah". Do you ever look in the mirror and just want to end it all? I mean, you scrape together a living by selling children out-dated products for a fringe sport. "Might be able to buy the machinery". Wow! You mean you might be able to scrounge up a couple of thousand and by a CnC? Look out Bill Gates, here comes Tuna!

Really, you were going to give them away for free? Great! Who are you giving them to? Really, I'd like to see you give them away. I don't need one - I already have one. So, please, spread the love and send them off to the other fine members of this atrophied site. Everyone get in line - Tuna's going to give you a slug for free.

Oh wait. You're not? But I thought...but you said...you want how much for them? Tuna, why did you lie?

Ahahahahahahahah what an idiot. Magglerock, you did give me a good laugh, for that I give you credit. Now leave, and never come back. You suck at life, and your mother hates you.

Stealth Fighter
05-05-2006, 02:57 PM

There is a difference between being book smart and intelligent.

You are lacking in the intelligent department my friend. Bill Gates is a smart man and incredibly intelligent and jumped on the PC bandwagon at the right time. Tunaman might have done the same, 10 years from now, Tunaman could be a name common among paintballers, just like Smart Parts and Brass Eagle and our beloved AGD.

How long did it take Bill Gates company before he really struck it big? I can almost guaruntee it took a few years until the launch of Windows 98, when computers became more common.

Also, I think that he isn't selling these slug bodies to "children". Mainly, because a large portion of AGD users go way back and are old enough to no better, take yourself for example. Secondly, because I don't think "children" even know what the heck a slug body is, or what to do with it.

One last thing before I go, mags are still the fastest gun out, so I don't know how you could say there outdated.... Please search for some Zak Vetter video's before referring to outdated products.

If you knew anything about anything, you would know that a business just doesn't pop out of fricken hole in the ground.

geekwarrior
05-05-2006, 03:26 PM

must not have done to well in political science or relations...you turned the entire AO against you in 2 posts. :rofl:

spread the love and send them off to the other fine members of this atrophied site.
its not wise to use your entire vocab in one sentence. and why did you come back to check up on us if you hate us so much?

an imaginary army? at least that army has voices on this forum...where"s yours? if you have to pull out the "i graduated from yata yata" to impress us, you already lost. "The Ivy league one" what a dick :rofl: You can always tell when people are full of sh__ when they start throwing that crap around.

as someone on AO once said

"go do cartwheels into oncoming traffic" you penis wrinkle

bentothejam1n
05-05-2006, 03:31 PM
Maggle does taking hits at Tuna make you feel good or something? Apparently we all like him and don't mind paying more than MSRP for an out of production slug. Tuna sells mag accessories for a lot less than the AGD store does, so why don't you get made at AGD for charging too much for accessories? Seriously man, swallow your pride, You lost

edit:
go do cartwheels into oncoming traffic
i'm pretty sure that was either Behemoth, Automaggot68, Beam, or target practice
/kind of general, eh?

FooTemps
05-05-2006, 03:33 PM

Proud of those little pieces of paper hanging on your office walls? You know, degrees are only pieces of paper, reciepts for going to college. The education you get during your schooling is completely different. I see kids going through college with no purpose or motivation. They learn NOTHING. Degrees are meaningless except for the purpose of boosting ego and looking pretty.

You seem to be really egotistic since you think you're smarter than the rest of us. Well, I'll be the first to admit you're probably smarter than me on a couple levels, but you seem to be an idiot socially. First of all, you go and attack a prominent member of a community for doing something normal. Second, you then go and defend your position further by claiming superiority to others. What gives you the right to be such an ***, did your father not love you as a child? Or maybe you're $500,000 in debt from getting all those degrees? You know, cardboard is much better when you're living on the streets.

Tunaman is only doing this from a business standpoint. You've got the MBA, you should understand why he is doing it. Also, when you give him crap about trying to manufacture his own parts, you are implyig that YOU DON'T WANT HIM TO MAKE SLUGS FOR PEOPLE WHO WANT THEM. Do you have an alterior motive? Maybe you're trying to manufacture slugs secretly to get some side business, become a hero on AO. One day you'd just show up and be like "HAY GAIS I GOT SLUG! 4 SALE 100 BONES!AGGAGGAGG", then we'd praise you right?

Lohman446
05-05-2006, 03:35 PM
Tuna has 5,000+ more useful, intelligent, and helpful posts on these boards than you do. Its helped build a reputation here. Which, on these boards, are far more important than your e-degrees - and even those are not worth much

geekwarrior
05-05-2006, 03:45 PM
(the Ivy League one, not the State school).

i can see this guy now, running up the field with a sweater tied around his neck

warbeak2099
05-05-2006, 04:01 PM
Guys guys guys. You're actually believeing that this moron went to Penn and Johns Hopkins. With the way he speaks, he sounds like an ignorant sheep herder. I don't believe for one second that he got into either of these schools. And if he did, someone in admissions slipped up. My god is his sense of the business world naive and pathetic. A degree is not just a slip of paper, you have to work for it most of the time. I look upon people who go through tough universities with a lot of respect.

That's why I worked my butt off to get into a good college instead of just going to some state school. I got full rides to Fordham and Holy Cross, two of the best Jesuit colleges in the country. I'll be going to the latter next fall. With the maturity that this neanderthal shows, I can't see him even getting into SUNY Brockport in NYS lol. Much less Johns Hopkins. If he could get into Johns Hopkins and Wharton at Penn, so could a 12yo pothead from a suburban public school. That's exactly how he's acting. So if he did infact go there... what a waste of the schools' times and his education. A degree means nothing if you don't take anything from it. And since you act like a prepubescant middle schooler, I doubt you possessed the maturity to really grasp any of the education being poured at you in college.

What really counts is character. You have none, and Tuna has plenty. You're just an immature loser and that's probably all you'll ever be. You'll probably waste your whole life wallowing in an abyss of utter mediocrity and juvenile behavior. You're the one who is the most likely to consider ending it all. In fact, I'd start doing some thinking if I were you right now. You've supposedly got these great degress from top notch schools and you still act like a child. Good god man, grow up. You can't ride the rest of your life on two peices of paper without the integrity to back it up. Start working on that budskie.

Tunaman
05-05-2006, 04:18 PM
Well he wont be able to show us those degrees. Oh wait. Look. He has a new avatar! Dissing the AGD site is not cool. A few thousand for a C+C? I'll take 2! The one I am looking at is around 500 thousand bucks...and I guess he also doesn't know that I do have a real job...and this paintball stuff is strickly for fun...so you guys can get stuff cheaper.
I am still trying to figure out what I ever did to this kid. I think he has me mistaken for someone else.

geekwarrior
05-05-2006, 04:23 PM
edit:
i'm pretty sure that was either Behemoth, Automaggot68, Beam, or target practice
/kind of general, eh?

ahh, at least you narrowed it down to 4, multiple choice is always better. :clap:

GT
05-05-2006, 04:29 PM
Undergrad, Johns Hopkins University. Double major in political science and international relations. Picked up some Japanese along the way. MBA, Wharton, University of Pennsylvania (the Ivy League one, not the State school).

I am not sure what Tuna's background is, however since you brought your's in to play allow me to kick it around. Lets be completly honest, PS and IR are dam near one in the same and their both BS (as in bullsh**) degrees, no matter the university. Infact I would go as far to say that the vast majority of undergraduate programs in the US are a dam joke. With a few exceptions an undergrad from Havard and one from a cheap state school are little more than boxes that get checked off of a form from HR.

Wharton, great school. I would love to go there, however the vast majority of folks who go there are in thier 30's and thier employer covers 130K tuition. Then again with your statements above I really don't see how you could have come out of the program with such a limited view of buisness. FYI, i just finished up my master's in security and the security certificate program at Wharton leaves something to be desired. Additional FYI, if you were a real badass Wharton's school of Fianace is where the real men go.

That's why I worked my butt off to get into a good college instead of just going to some state school.

I wouldn't talk down to the state school. Keep in mind that price isn't always and indication of where the best education is to had. State schools with compatitive programs are hard to get into becase they have a strong program and are inexpensive. I went to a small state school for my undergrad. Thier environmental science program had approx. 5 graduates a year. We take all the same classes as the pre-vet, pre-med, and chem majors do. Tough program, but in this region the school has a great reputation. Then again, if I had a free ride I would take that over anything, within reason. :rofl:

FooTemps
05-05-2006, 04:41 PM
Guys guys guys. You're actually believeing that this moron went to Penn and Johns Hopkins. With the way he speaks, he sounds like an ignorant sheep herder. I don't believe for one second that he got into either of these schools. And if he did, someone in admissions slipped up. My god is his sense of the business world naive and pathetic. A degree is not just a slip of paper, you have to work for it most of the time. I look upon people who go through tough universities with a lot of respect.

That's why I worked my butt off to get into a good college instead of just going to some state school. I got full rides to Fordham and Holy Cross, two of the best Jesuit colleges in the country. I'll be going to the latter next fall. With the maturity that this neanderthal shows, I can't see him even getting into SUNY Brockport in NYS lol. Much less Johns Hopkins. If he could get into Johns Hopkins and Wharton at Penn, so could a 12yo pothead from a suburban public school. That's exactly how he's acting. So if he did infact go there... what a waste of the schools' times and his education. A degree means nothing if you don't take anything from it. And since you act like a prepubescant middle schooler, I doubt you possessed the maturity to really grasp any of the education being poured at you in college.

What really counts is character. You have none, and Tuna has plenty. You're just an immature loser and that's probably all you'll ever be. You'll probably waste your whole life wallowing in an abyss of utter mediocrity and juvenile behavior. You're the one who is the most likely to consider ending it all. In fact, I'd start doing some thinking if I were you right now. You've supposedly got these great degress from top notch schools and you still act like a child. Good god man, grow up. You can't ride the rest of your life on two peices of paper without the integrity to back it up. Start working on that budskie.

I agree that you have to work for the degree and that is respectable to get a good degree from a good school. But even if hard work and good character are the norm for earning a degree, there are still those who lack the character and motivation who can still achieve a degree. Those people learn nothing. And from the looks of Magglerock's behavior, he looks like one of those failures.

warbeak2099
05-05-2006, 05:52 PM
Right, when morons slip through the cracks it's a terrible shame. It seems like it happens quite frequently in this country what with our humanist outlook on education. Here are the negative effects though. Everyone see what happens when you decide to allow less than average human beings to get a repectable degree that someone else deserves. You get a self-righteous scumbag.

EDIT: Oh, and GT wtf dude lol. I actually do plan on majoring in History and minoring in Poli Sci. It isn't a BS degree. It's actually pretty applicable since I intend to go for my law degree afterwords. It's something that I really like and that I think would help me with my career. It's certainly not an underwater basket weaving degree.

And there is a difference when it comes to many state schools and community colleges. It's like public vs private school. You're usually going to find better structured education at the private school. Most of them (especially Jesuit which is why I picked it) teach students how to think using a broad range of different methods and points of view. American public schools tend to drill various facts into student's memories rather. There are some great state colleges though i do agree. SUNY Geneseo in NYS offers a fantastic education and is very difficult to get into.

BTW, I'm still mad at you for bashing my field of study :mad: :nono:
Heh heh, j/k.

Stealth Fighter
05-05-2006, 05:58 PM
Right, when morons slip through the cracks it's a terrible shame. It seems like it happens quite frequently in this country what with our humanist outlook on education. Here are the negative effects though. Everyone see what happens when you decide to allow less than average human beings to get a repectable degree that someone else deserves. You get a self-righteous scumbag.

You also run into the rich snobs with rich mommy's and daddy's that can do whatever they feel, go where ever they want, and do what ever they want.

This guy could be incredibly book smart like I said before. But just about any moron could hit the books for 4 hours everynight and get somewhere.

But school doesn't always produce smart people, take Albert Einstein, dropped out of school and went on to be one of the smartest people in the world, that's because Albert was incredibly intelligent.

behemoth
05-05-2006, 06:03 PM
/kind of general, eh?

I'll take my credit where it is due.

Cartwheels, roflz

warbeak2099
05-05-2006, 06:04 PM
You're right. I go to a private, Jesuit highschool and I really feel that I get a lot out of it. Sure I see kids who don't deserve to be there. They just have loads of money. But I know that the education I'm gettign is way better and I ignore them. My family doesn't really have a lot of money, but I'm incredibly grateful that I've had this opportunity. Same with college. I worked really hard so that I could go somewhere with that same intellectual atmosphere. Yup, I did see a lot of rich kids at Holy Cross when I visited. But the difference is that they aren't snobs. Everyone there is really into working hard and exploring new areas of intellectual thought. Not that people who go to engineering or science colleges aren't smart, quite the contrary. I just like learning in a more philosophical and intellectual atmosphere that a Jesuit liberal arts college provides. It suits me better personally.

But when someone like this dickhead gets in, it pisses me off. If he can't understand simple business, I don't know how he had the aptitude to get through Wharton.

Stealth Fighter
05-05-2006, 06:11 PM
You're right. I go to a private, Jesuit highschool and I really feel that I get a lot out of it. Sure I see kids who don't deserve to be there. They just have loads of money. But I know that the education I'm gettign is way better and I ignore them. My family doesn't really have a lot of money, but I'm incredibly grateful that I've had this opportunity. Same with college. I worked really hard so that I could go somewhere with that same intellectual atmosphere. Yup, I did see a lot of rich kids at Holy Cross when I visited. But the difference is that they aren't snobs. Everyone there is really into working hard and exploring new areas of intellectual thought. Not that people who go to engineering or science colleges aren't smart, quite the contrary. I just like learning in a more philosophical and intellectual atmosphere that a Jesuit liberal arts college provides. It suits me better personally.

But when someone like this dickhead gets in, it pisses me off. If he can't understand simple business, I don't know how he had the aptitude to get through Wharton.

Yeah, some of them work really hard, but on occasion you run into the snobs.

I think this guy might be lying about Wharton, I mean seriously, ihe seems to think Bill Gates got intant rich, and thinks that Tunaman has no chance of developing either.

Everybody starts off as a small fish in a big ocean, it's the the ones that make the progress and grow that get somewhere. This guy obviously doesn't understand this concept, which makes me question his degree at Wharton.

Tunaman
05-05-2006, 06:14 PM
and i am not even looking to get any bigger. I can't handle it as it is now. I am content with my real job and like i said...I do this for fun. ;)

Stealth Fighter
05-05-2006, 06:16 PM
and i am not even looking to get any bigger. I can't handle it as it is now. I am content with my real job and like i said...I do this for fun. ;)

So you still giving those slugs away :D , I got bored with some free time at work today and whipped up some pretty neat designs.

Rudz
05-05-2006, 06:22 PM
Well he wont be able to show us those degrees. Oh wait. Look. He has a new avatar! Dissing the AGD site is not cool. A few thousand for a C+C? I'll take 2! The one I am looking at is around 500 thousand bucks...and I guess he also doesn't know that I do have a real job...and this paintball stuff is strickly for fun...so you guys can get stuff cheaper.
I am still trying to figure out what I ever did to this kid. I think he has me mistaken for someone else.

Its not your fault tuna..this kid just has issues..and cocaine is a helluva drug.......lol

GT
05-06-2006, 11:04 AM
EDIT: Oh, and GT wtf dude lol. I actually do plan on majoring in History and minoring in Poli Sci. It isn't a BS degree. It's actually pretty applicable since I intend to go for my law degree afterwords.

Thats just it, your BS is a segway into law. It doesnt matter what you get your undergrad when you begin to look for proffesional education, such as law. Now if you were a science guy.....I am taking the LSAT next month, to be perfectly honest I am getting pretty dam tired of full time school and full time work. I am not sure if there will be an adiquit ROI on law school.

teach students how to think using a broad range of different methods and points of view.

Schools dont teach people to think or become marvels of the modern world. With exception to graduate programs. If you really want to be head shoulders above the rest pick a stellar graduate program. The difference bewteen an undergrad program and a graduate program at the same good school is night and day.

Like I said before, if someone is picking up the tab, who cares :hail: I had a full ride on my gradute program, very very rare, but its possible.

warbeak2099
05-06-2006, 01:57 PM
I know that you can major in anything and go on to get your law degree. You just need a high GPA. However, I am really interested in politics and history, neither of which can you just sleep through all four years of college. It's BS if you barely pass and get your degree, but not if you put the effort into it.

And that's what I mean. I got that level of education in my high school. We were tought how to go through life applying different methods of thinking and different ideas. I think that's important for kids to know. Calculus class wasn't just about random formulas that I'll never use as a lawyer if that path goes according to plan. But I've learned how to think using critical mathematical analysis of facts. Same with my science courses. I hate science and math, but from both of those classes I've learned how to use the empirical method and I use it in my everyday life or while pondering really deep topics. You just don't seem to get that with a public school education. Most public school teachers don't have their graduate degrees in what they're teaching and they basically focus on getting their kids to pass the state tests. That's what's wrong with the American public school system among a host of other problems. It's a shame, because I know a lot of public schoolers who are bright kids and who could reach a much higher potentional than they are in their present education.

NY state is actually starting to pull funding from public schools and give the money to private institutions to hand out to students who deserve to go there, but can't afford it. Hey, they're starting to think logically. Kids coming out of private schools show higher aptitude in college. So that's where the money should be going.

Woah, back on topic now though. Rock on Tuna :headbang: , go to hell maggerlock :mad: .

GT
05-06-2006, 02:41 PM
NY state is actually starting to pull funding from public schools and give the money to private institutions to hand out to students who deserve to go there, but can't afford it.

I agree whole heartedly on the private v. public HS debate. Most public HS' are little more than jails without locked doors.

ZEROte
05-06-2006, 03:21 PM
why doesnt tuna take those slugs and make the tunaman/pbx body with them from a good machine shop.......... seeing as how i was number 1 in line for that body and am still waiting......

Indignant
05-06-2006, 03:28 PM
...maggle did have a couple good points.

'Peace Out'

ahellers
05-06-2006, 03:28 PM
hey guys
i know i was a little turned off by

i when i saw that i was like "well thats just a little blunt". im just suprised that not more then one person said somthing about it.
its to bad that every one started taking shots at this guy with the my post count is higher then yours mentality all at once, and probably turned him off to this place.
i know that people have to make a living and all but it just kind of sounded (at least to me) like tuna was saying "ha ha ha i have it and you dont"
so yeah.... i guess you all can take a shot at me now.
t

geekwarrior
05-06-2006, 03:52 PM
if even you think he had good points, he went about saying it the wrong way, attacking tuna in a public forum...of course people are going to bite back

ahellers
05-06-2006, 04:02 PM
if even you think he had good points, he went about saying it the wrong way, attacking tuna in a public forum...of course people are going to bite back
so this would be one of those 2 wrongs make a right situations, correct?
well judging by the post count on this thread its more like 2 wrongs + 75 poeple on the band wagon make a right.
remember every thing you need to know we learnd in kindergarden :)
t

Lohman446
05-06-2006, 07:18 PM
hey guys
i know i was a little turned off by

i when i saw that i was like "well thats just a little blunt". im just suprised that not more then one person said somthing about it.
its to bad that every one started taking shots at this guy with the my post count is higher then yours mentality all at once, and probably turned him off to this place.
i know that people have to make a living and all but it just kind of sounded (at least to me) like tuna was saying "ha ha ha i have it and you dont"
so yeah.... i guess you all can take a shot at me now.
t

Actually we took shots at him because he was an idiot. Post count just happened to be an available shot. Of course then he gave us the e-degrees (the ability to spout off seeming untruths online like someone is going to beleive them) so we decided to shoot at those instead.