PDA

View Full Version : All you "ultimate scenario ballers"....

punkncat
04-27-2006, 10:47 PM
I dunno maybe I just don't get it.

All these new scenario markers made to carry more and more equipment, that really does nothing but make it look really cool.....and weight tremendous amounts.

Has everyone forgotten that you will be carrying this thing around in the woods for hours on end?

That all that really groovy looking, but generally otherwise useless, stuff will catch on every vine and limb in the woods?

I've been playing scenarios for years and I look for something dull colored, light, and good on air, and mostly just light.

So now the tac warp in available. I can't imagine anything looking any cooler that this could look, but you are going to take an already heavy item with all the tac gear and then add something that weights another pound AND more to snag, catch, and drag through the bushes.

:confused:

Jaan
04-28-2006, 12:11 AM
Well, I know what you mean ... for a goof I've mounted a flashlight, laser sight, red dot sight, and 4x scope on my mag before (at the same time). I used the .22 sight rails which were part of the classic rails. I was trying to make a bit of a futuristic overkill scenario gun and I was going to but a plastic toy blaster rifle and put the mag inside ... and it occurred to me that what I already had is what you would actually design, something as simple and clean as possible. Like the old joke about the difference between a pessimist, and optimist and an engineer. One looks at the glass as being half empty, the other half full ... and the engineer says "the glass is twice as big as it needs to be."

However, I grew up in a time before paintball where my friends and I would play man hunt in the woods all the time. We loved dressing up in camo and buying the most realistic looking cap guns we could find. We were playing army. It was pretend. The fun was in that, not actually how many "kills" you scored. It was all about the imagination. We weren't a bunch of goofy kids running around going bang bang, we were out saving the world from the Nazi's, Darth Vader, Tom Cruise, whatever. In our minds the future of the world depended on us.

ultralight
04-28-2006, 12:28 AM
i know exactly what you mean. my favorite obscenely large and useless "tactical" marker mod is this one. barrett (http://cgi.ebay.com/M82A1-Mag-Barrel-OD-Green-Shroud-for-Tippmann-A-5-A5_W0QQitemZ7234816404QQcategoryZ47247QQcmdZViewIt em)

i don't think i've ever seen anything more ridiculous. except maybe that double A-5 fire-it-with-a-crank monstrosity.

this is my favorite part:

"M82A1 Shroud Features: Light-weight steel construction (less than 2 lbs)
M82A1 Gas Thru Mag Features: Made from Solid Steel ... Weighs under 2 pounds "

so... this thing, all together, weighs about 4 lbs, and that's not including the weight of the marker or paint in the hopper. great!!!!

MoeMag
04-28-2006, 02:51 AM
http://i5.ebayimg.com/01/i/06/db/e2/f5_1.JPG
We have one just like that in the shop, right next to the longbow mag and under the nerf football rpg's. :D

I play tactical woods ball about as much as air ball, and I think all that stuff is really cool but the only thing that I really do appreciate is a red dot sight and a sling. I actually think red dots are worth their weight. It cuts down just enough time of aiming to make a difference. All those extra things like shrouds and magazine gas through are pointless but they sure make the gun look cool. :cool:

paullus99
04-28-2006, 07:00 AM
The Tac-1 is about as heavy as I can stand (especially for those long night games). The SP-8's seem heavy & more importantly, bulky (awkward to carry). Bigger is definitely not better....

p8ntball72
04-28-2006, 08:24 AM
Scenario is about playing a role, Dressing up in character, and doing missions.

Hard core scenario players could care less what a marker weighs as long as it "fits" the story line and looks cool.

I am by no means "Hard core" but have seen players wearing full BDU uniforms and Tac gear in 110* heat.... Now that's crazy

Pump Scout
04-28-2006, 10:11 AM
Interestingly enough, a similar problem exists on the "real steel" side of the fence. The M-4 Carbine was brought in because it's lighter and more compact than a standard M-16. Then, when it gets downrange to the units in the field, the armorers are adding on thermal sights, laser pointers, flashlights, vertical foregrips, spare magazine holders, suppressors, and other crap to the gun. The pound and a half weight savings is lost in the accessorizing. Granted, some of it is needed to do the mission, but still... damn.

As for scenario play, well, my own experience is limited in scenarios. The one I played in, I was happy to have a fairly light gun, and found myself wishing I'd attached a sling for between missions. Nothing I have weighs in anywhere near what my M-60 from my Army days weighed, but I still don't like having to haul around more weight than needed.

doc_Zox
04-28-2006, 10:54 PM
a remote A5A2 is a very light set up
http://premium1.uploadit.org/docZox//a5a2.jpg
the bipod is just a prop for the picture

Stealth Fighter
04-28-2006, 11:02 PM
Yeah I think some of the fancy guns you see out are meant for like a player who wants to look cool and does nothing but camp. I can't find the picture, but it was on ebay a while ago, it was a huge replica of a .50 caliber machine gun with a mag valve in it. I mean it had a huge tripod to hold the whole thing up. I mean you pretty much find a spot close to you base or whatever you might be protecting if you are protecting something and park it.

mobsterboy
04-29-2006, 02:29 PM
We have one just like that in the shop, right next to the longbow mag and under the nerf football rpg's. :D

Hmm, something from "Three Kings" i smell here... :ninja:

bentothejam1n
04-29-2006, 02:41 PM
this reminds of a TWB....

HOMELANDEFENDER
04-29-2006, 03:11 PM
As one member has stated - Role play is just as important to some people as are the games themselves. Scenario players including myself choose gear that follow along the lines of the milSim mindset. As far as my choices in markers, I run with tricked out A5's and Automags of course. I sling my markers so rails do help with this. I have also used red-dot sights for low light work and a occasional Tac-light mounted as well.

Some guys do go for that full blown SAW Gunner style marker, but I usually only carry what works, and thats it. My gear does usually have rails, but I can't remember a time when I was helplessly snagged by killer foliage - lol. If the military can deal with carrying over 60 lbs of gear without problems through the worst conditions, then whats the big deal about hauling around 25 lbs of stuff -- as in a 92 /4500 tank, E-Tac, pods, water, radio, vest, ect... Its not that bad. I find that during the course of an average scenario, I usually use everything I carry.

If you guys prefer to go light -- then fine. But some do prefer to carry extra. I happen to also do a fair share of real tactical training, so I try to load up to simulate realistic conditions where you have to equip yourself for a given situation . Thats why I tend to go MilSim. I do have ONE '05 Ego BTW...

HLD...

Konigballer
04-29-2006, 06:12 PM
I have no problem with mil-sim or scenarioball in general, since they both spring from woodsball which I love. The only thing I never can get over though is scopes and bipods on paintball guns... It's just my opinion but to me that goes well beyond 'playing a role' and off into just plain dorkism. I mean, who puts a friggin' bipod on a A5 that has a range of 80 to 100 ft? I know some guys get REAL into the 'playing soldier' thing, but you ain't exactly putting down supressive fire 400yds down range with your 27 pound M240 so get over yourself GI Joe! :p

Of course, if you have one of those real hardcore mil-sim jobs that look exactly like a M-60 or something, then by all means rock out with the bipod :headbang:

paintman1142
04-29-2006, 06:25 PM
more weight makes it more of a realistic scenario, you dont think that M-16s weight as much as a freaking ego or a ULE mag do you?

Pump Scout
04-29-2006, 08:07 PM
M-16A2, 30 round magazine, and sling weighs in around 9 pounds.

200 paintballs, at 3.4 grams per = 680 grams = 1.5 pounds
HALO B with batteries = 1.5 pounds
68ci compressed air tank = approx. 2.5 pounds
Average paintgun with barrel, regulator, and any accessories (batteries, etc) = 3 pounds
Total = about 8.5 pounds

Pretty close, really.

paintman1142
04-29-2006, 08:21 PM
ok then with this comparison 1 shot from a paintball marker = 1 shot from a M-16that, 200 round hopper plus at least three 150 round pods = 21 thirty round clips, and you cant shoot 200 rounds with a M16 with out stoping.

Steelrat
04-29-2006, 08:25 PM
I've only been to one scenario, but the air supply situation at that one was poor, at best. All the mag users were definately having issues with air, whereas my AKA gun was just chugging along, due to its efficiency and ability to shoot deep into the bottle. I can't really see why an AGD scenario marker is a good idea, other than for looks.

Konigballer
04-29-2006, 08:31 PM
"I can't really see why an AGD scenario marker is a good idea, other than for looks"

Agreed, and the A5 has it all over the Tac1 with respect to aftermarket add-ons, parts, mods too.

Z-man
04-29-2006, 08:32 PM
I've only been to one scenario, but the air supply situation at that one was poor, at best. All the mag users were definately having issues with air, whereas my AKA gun was just chugging along, due to its efficiency and ability to shoot deep into the bottle. I can't really see why an AGD scenario marker is a good idea, other than for looks.

I have to say I agree 100% with that statement. I cried a lot that event....

HOMELANDEFENDER
04-29-2006, 08:53 PM
"I can't really see why an AGD scenario marker is a good idea, other than for looks"

Agreed, and the A5 has it all over the Tac1 with respect to aftermarket add-ons, parts, mods too.

The last Red vs Blue game I did at Fox4 - MA had 4500 fill stations. On that day I was able to carry 1400 rounds for my E Tac on me. Using a 92/4500 I never ran out of air before my paint ran out. Usually I can get at least 4000 psi at your normal scenarios. I admit, thats a lot of paint to carry, but I was able to do it.

The E Tac is by far my favorite scenario gun for my set up. If compared to the A5 -- I'd go with the Mag. The mag actually has a slight advantage over the A5 as far as air usage in my experiences with the two. The Mag also is shot for shot more consistant than the A5 by far.

On the subject of optics on markers -- I have to agree, magnified scopes don't work. But red dots do. If you try to conserve paint, they are a good way to use less for the same "kill" as opposed to sighting down the barrel in many cases. And in low light or night games, they absolutely give you the advantage by far. Providing you know what your doing (setting zero).

HLD...

Steelrat
04-29-2006, 09:02 PM
The last Red vs Blue game I did at Fox4 - MA had 4500 fill stations. On that day I was able to carry 1400 rounds for my E Tac on me. Using a 92/4500 I never ran out of air before my paint ran out. Usually I can get at least 4000 psi at your normal scenarios. I admit, thats a lot of paint to carry, but I was able to do it.

The E Tac is by far my favorite scenario gun for my set up. If compared to the A5 -- I'd go with the Mag. The mag actually has a slight advantage over the A5 as far as air usage in my experiences with the two. The Mag also is shot for shot more consistant than the A5 by far.

On the subject of optics on markers -- I have to agree, magnified scopes don't work. But red dots do. If you try to conserve paint, they are a good way to use less for the same "kill" as opposed to sighting down the barrel in many cases. And in low light or night games, they absolutely give you the advantage by far. Providing you know what your doing (setting zero).

HLD...

The one I went to was giving out 2000 psi or so. It was a disaster. And with a more efficient marker, you'd be able to use a 45/45 to shoot 1400 rounds, OR just carry a lot more rounds with your 92/4500.

The advantage of the A5 is that it can use CO2.

HOMELANDEFENDER
04-29-2006, 09:06 PM
The one I went to was giving out 2000 psi or so. It was a disaster. And with a more efficient marker, you'd be able to use a 45/45 to shoot 1400 rounds, OR just carry a lot more rounds with your 92/4500.

The advantage of the A5 is that it can use CO2.

2000 IS a disaster ! I also agree -- advantage A5 with CO2. Thats also why I always bring along my Pro/Carbine and a 20 oz as well. :cool:

HLD...

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y24/HOMELANDEFENDER/2004_0102PROCARBscout30008.jpg

p8ntball72
04-29-2006, 09:07 PM
*EDIT*Pic down for fixing..
http://www.southwestvoodoo.com/Images/2005/SweepAndClear/photos/photo117.jpg
http://www.southwestvoodoo.com/Images/2005/SteelDawn/photos/photo17.jpg

I really dont think the guy in the "TRON" suit or the guy wearing the "jet pack" Care about gun weight.... :eek:

Steelrat
04-29-2006, 09:10 PM
I really dont think the guy in the "TRON" suit or the kid wearing the "jet pack" Care about gun weight.... :eek:

You know, I'd rather not be associated with pictures like that. I have a hard enough time convincing people that playing paintball is not geeky. Lets just pretend that picture was never posted.

HOMELANDEFENDER
04-29-2006, 09:13 PM
You know, I'd rather not be associated with pictures like that. I have a hard enough time convincing people that playing paintball is not geeky. Lets just pretend that picture was never posted.

Yeah -- but they make for great targets don't they - lol.

HLD...

p8ntball72
04-29-2006, 09:16 PM

Just for that our NEXT PUG will be a giant "steel rat"..... :D

:dance: Proud Paintball "Geek" sense 1992 :dance:

Steelrat
04-29-2006, 09:29 PM
Yeah -- but they make for great targets don't they - lol.

HLD...

If by "targets" you mean "giant flaming balls of gay energy" then yes, they are great "targets."

Now that I think of it, however, I'm reminded of an incident I witnessed at my scenario game. It was in an abandoned military housing complex. We and the other team were engaging in some stupid longballing accross a street when a "tank" rolled up the street. Now, by "tank" I mean a set of wooden boards with mesh on top, and a group of guys inside propelling it by shuffling their feet, a'la Fred Flinstone. Now, as this mighty war machine shuffled up the street, we let out a cheer at hopes of ending the stalemate. We were watching the enemy's paintball rounds impacting harmlessly on the impervious combination of wire and particle board when suddenly an enemy jumps into the road and launches a powerful anti-tank weapon (read: nerf ball) at our panzer. It his, the enemy cheers, and we groan. The men inside spill out, get shot, and we are back to our status quo.

What's the point of this? At the time it seemed really cool. Looking back, it seems really geeky. I guess its all a matter of perspective.

Z-man
04-29-2006, 09:37 PM
Now, as this mighty war machine shuffled up the street, we let out a cheer at hopes of ending the stalemate. We were watching the enemy's paintball rounds impacting harmlessly on the impervious combination of wire and particle board when suddenly an enemy jumps into the road and launches a powerful anti-tank weapon (read: nerf ball) at our panzer. It his, the enemy cheers, and we groan. The men inside spill out, get shot, and we are back to our status quo.

I remember that occasion... I now know how Rommel must have felt.

http://www.zakvetter.com/images/linked_images/panz0r3d.jpg

HOMELANDEFENDER
04-29-2006, 09:46 PM
Now that I think of it, however, I'm reminded of an incident I witnessed at my scenario game. It was in an abandoned military housing complex. We and the other team were engaging in some stupid longballing accross a street when a "tank" rolled up the street. Now, by "tank" I mean a set of wooden boards with mesh on top, and a group of guys inside propelling it by shuffling their feet, a'la Fred Flinstone. Now, as this mighty war machine shuffled up the street, we let out a cheer at hopes of ending the stalemate. We were watching the enemy's paintball rounds impacting harmlessly on the impervious combination of wire and particle board when suddenly an enemy jumps into the road and launches a powerful anti-tank weapon (read: nerf ball) at our panzer. It his, the enemy cheers, and we groan. The men inside spill out, get shot, and we are back to our status quo.

What's the point of this? At the time it seemed really cool. Looking back, it seems really geeky. I guess its all a matter of perspective.

Man -- that must have been one SukAzz scenario - lol .. Here'a a properly prepared tank AKA assault vehicle -- from the Tippmann World Challenge I attended....

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y24/HOMELANDEFENDER/assaultvehicle1.jpg

Steelrat
04-29-2006, 09:52 PM
I remember that occasion... I now know how Rommel must have felt.

http://www.zakvetter.com/images/linked_images/panz0r3d.jpg

Did you finally make that? I know we had talked about it, but couldn't find the right tank picture.

Beemer
04-29-2006, 09:54 PM
and you cant shoot 200 rounds with a M16 with out stoping.

No but you could do 850 in 1min. 45sec. with this. :D

http://home.comcast.net/~beemerone/M60E4.wmv

Steelrat
04-29-2006, 09:55 PM
Man -- that must have been one SukAzz scenario - lol .. Here'a a properly prepared tank AKA assault vehicle -- from the Tippmann World Challenge I attended....

Isn't that the Tippman company vehicle? Always looked like an awesome setup, mounted guns top and front, portable fill station, etc etc.

p8ntball72
would WARP feed bother this guy?
http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/8192/tawmech4ql.jpg

Z-man
Did you finally make that? I know we had talked about it, but couldn't find the right tank picture.

Ya I was looking for it and I know I made one but I could not find it so I googled and the first half decent one I found I slapped it together. 13 years old maybe, but I thought of it the MOMENT you mentioned "panzer"

Temo Vryce
04-29-2006, 10:24 PM

It's big. It's combersome. It's not practicle. But it's still DAMN COOL!!

HOMELANDEFENDER
04-29-2006, 10:35 PM
Isn't that the Tippman company vehicle? Always looked like an awesome setup, mounted guns top and front, portable fill station, etc etc.

No --- I know the one your talking about....

http://www.homestead.com/tippmann98custom/hellhound.html

HLD...

Nutsnyomowf
04-29-2006, 11:53 PM
*EDIT*Pic down for fixing..
http://www.southwestvoodoo.com/Images/2005/SweepAndClear/photos/photo117.jpg
http://www.southwestvoodoo.com/Images/2005/SteelDawn/photos/photo17.jpg

I really dont think the guy in the "TRON" suit or the guy wearing the "jet pack" Care about gun weight.... :eek:

Man I cant stop laughing .That was perfect timing.

Konigballer
04-30-2006, 12:22 AM
"If by "targets" you mean "giant flaming balls of gay energy" then yes, they are great "targets."

No, thats my favorite quote. :p

nippinout
04-30-2006, 07:00 PM

That is pretty sweet. Hooray for chicken walkers! Are there any other pics of the mech?

paintman1142
04-30-2006, 08:26 PM
[QUOTE=Beemer]No but you could do 850 in 1min. 45sec. with this. :D
rl][/
[url]http://home.comcast.net/~beemerone/M60E4.wmv[/uQUOTE]

yeah but there you go way over your 9 pound weight limit for the comparison, and for no more that i can fire any mag at 8.5bps by hand and that would be 892 in 1 min 45 sec. and there are markers that can go 20bps where 2100 in 1 min 45 sec. So in short, that vid was of a special case M16.

WenULiVeUdiE
04-30-2006, 08:32 PM

Exactly why I bought a Viking oh so many months ago. I can't say I ever had that sort of air supply problem. But hey, you never know. ;)

quick_spyder
04-30-2006, 09:33 PM
That would be Spec Op's Razorback. A great tank. They're built from old military assault vehicles. Here for more info (http://www.specialopspaintball.com/articles/razorback.asp)

Beemer
04-30-2006, 09:58 PM
yeah but there you go way over your 9 pound weight limit for the comparison, and for no more that i can fire any mag at 8.5bps by hand and that would be 892 in 1 min 45 sec. and there are markers that can go 20bps where 2100 in 1 min 45 sec. So in short, that vid was of a special case M16.

Well the limit is what you can, want to or Have to. Thats the beauty of Big Games, you can choose what you want.

The vid was 8rps FA. Nonstop no reload. Thats the thing, one shot one pull or what ever, no reload. No stop till ya run out. We can do it now, but nobody does :shooting:

paintman1142
04-30-2006, 10:01 PM
yeah you can do that with one pull on a lot of electric markers out there if you program them right, and then all you need is a big enough hopper and a scuba tank hooked up

Steelrat
04-30-2006, 10:01 PM
That would be Spec Op's Razorback. A great tank. They're built from old military assault vehicles. Here for more info (http://www.specialopspaintball.com/articles/razorback.asp)

Ah, I knew I had seen it before. Awesome vehicle, very well done.

hitech
05-01-2006, 04:55 PM
I've only been to one scenario, but the air supply situation at that one was poor, at best. All the mag users were definately having issues with air...

I didn't have any air problems with my eMag. But maybe that's because I only carry 4 pods, and was getting 3K fills. ;)

punkncat
05-01-2006, 08:01 PM
I've only been to one scenario, but the air supply situation at that one was poor, at best. All the mag users were definately having issues with air...

There are two things that 95% of the time are the reason I ever have to leave the field. One is air and the other is paint.

I have no problem going on the field with 600+ rounds in my pack, and I either use my cocker on a remote with a 20oz CO2 tank, or something extremely efficent on HPA. I will be using my Angel at the MOUT game. I shoot a case of paint on one 4500 fill + a little from the next fill...usually about 6000PSI for a case of paint, so hopefully air won't be a problem for me.

doc_Zox
05-01-2006, 08:27 PM
the razorback is a great anti personal muppet blaster,
as a tank, it has some short comings

the ranger tank is a much better tank