PDA

View Full Version : scuba

Rudz
04-27-2006, 11:14 PM
ok i have a 4500 carbon fiber tank..so i was wondering what scuba tank would be good to keep refilling my pb tanks?? thanks guys :cheers:

LS1 WS6
04-27-2006, 11:54 PM
Most scuba tanks go to 3000 psi. Some are 3300 psi. There are a few that are higher rated but very expensive and not all dive shops can fill that high. I just have 2 scuba tanks and cascade them.

back2integrity
04-28-2006, 12:05 AM
Most scuba tanks go to 3000 psi. Some are 3300 psi. There are a few that are higher rated but very expensive and not all dive shops can fill that high. I just have 2 scuba tanks and cascade them.

I agree. Most scuba shops don't fill up to 4500, so you'd probably be best off going with an 80cu 3000psi scuba tank, because anything much higher than that gets pretty expensive. My advice is to sell your 4500 fiber-wrapped tank, buy a 3000psi one, then use the extra money you've generated towards your scuba fill station.

Rudz
04-28-2006, 12:34 AM
so id oly be able to fill my tank to 3000 psi?? hmm shucks...well i guess if its just for saving me trips to pro sop when im shooting around the back yard with reballs..who knew 20+ bps would kill a 112 tank so fast..lol..thanks guys.. :cheers:

White_Noise
04-28-2006, 01:16 AM
just playing in the back yard you will be good with an 80cf tank.

i was lucky enough to get a tank from my local store a few years ago when they closed, its a 120cf tank at 3500psi, its huge and heavy, but keeps me going for awhile. those will run you about $300 though plus you need to make a custom fill adapter($50-$70)

you an pick up used 3k tanks for about $100 though and fill adapters arent much. we hosted about 30 players at my house once using just 4 3k tanks and my 3500 tank. we had 3k fills all day, and if you just fill up between games or whatever, it will last longer.

jenarelJAM
04-29-2006, 01:16 AM
Yeah, my local scuba shop was selling a 92cf/3200 psi tank that i snagged for $100(and then $50 for the adapter). Unfortunately, its 20 years old this year, and when I bought it, they didn't really mention their policy of not filling tanks after they're 20 years old, even if they pass hydro. Just something to think about...

back2integrity
04-29-2006, 09:30 AM
Paintballonline.com (xtremez.com) has a new 80cu/3000psi tank + a core fill station for $149.99. I ordered one and recieved it 3 weeks ago, and it works great, i'm very pleased. Plus, if you just add a few more items to you cart (to get over $200) it all ships for free. My box was over 30 pounds, all shipped for free! The tanks are new, never used, although they were made in February of last year, so they've been sitting in a warehouse for a bit.

CLICK HERE TO SEE IT (http://www.xtremez.com/paintball/product_information.asp?number=TKNSS&variation=&aitem=&mitem=&back=yes&dept=234)

Also, the Core Fill Station they send with it is rated up to 5000 psi (and although it won't add anything to the 3000psi tank, it means if you do find a good deal on a higher psi scuba tank down the road, this fill station can still be used with it).

PLEASE READ: Some places will not fill a scuba tank for you unless you have diving certification. One of the shops in my area would not fill my tank, but luckily another one in the area would. So call around to the shops first and make sure they will fill it for you before you go out and spend $150.

Another side note: Some of the stuff that xtremez says it has in stock are not really in stock. If you look on the webpage, it may say like "only 6 left." But if you click on the picture to the right, it will give you a pop-up window that displays the real-time stock. Make sure you do this on clearance items, because if you order an out-of-stock item, xtremez is really bad about letting you know, and will just hold your order forever if it is an item that they don't plan on ever getting back in stock (which most clearance items are).

Recon by Fire
04-30-2006, 01:54 AM
Definitely do your homework first when buying SCUBA for paintball. Very handy though for playing in places where HPA is not available and you will certainly see a return in your savings!

I bought my used but fresh hydroed tank from a local scuba shop. I bought it from them because they will fill it for me afterwards! It is a 3000psi tank with 10% overfill. The shop actually fills to 3500psi though because they say it can safely handle it. So you might not fill your 4500psi HPA tank up all the way, but you can always just do several refills at lower psi.