PDA

View Full Version : 04 viking, 06 borg, g7 fly

Rudz
04-28-2006, 12:38 AM
i have never woned any of thse..i love that they are all efficient..and deathly fast..the borg has a stock predator board..and tag has them for the angel..i like the vert frame on the g7..but some milled vikings are just hot..the borg is about 2.1 lbs..whats the g7..i know the viking depends on milling..id just like some imput from anyone who owns any of these.. :cheers:

SpecialBlend2786
04-28-2006, 12:40 AM
I'd say Borg. Quality is on par with the Viking, and so is efficiency. It's just smaller and lighter, plus as you mentioned comes stock with Pred.

Rudz
04-28-2006, 12:44 AM
arent the borgs and vikings also cocker threaded also..that would be in my favor, since my kartas are cocker threaded.. :clap:

ABTOCMEPTb
04-28-2006, 01:29 AM
Cyborg 06 is the only non-AGD marker that I own.. Good to go out of the box, no need to upgrade anything, all possible fire mods, low maintanance, very efficient, no kick, light.....I can go all night...........

it is $975 from paintballkingdom. All you need is on/off asa and microline.

nliwarrior13
04-28-2006, 05:56 AM
viking is the only other gun that will be as trusty as a mag

behemoth
04-28-2006, 06:01 AM
Didnt you just make a post about how broke you are because you cant find a job, because you're blind?

Now you're looking for a new marker?

Rudz
04-28-2006, 09:13 AM
I never said I was broke..blind in 1 eye, yes...does it affect my graphic design carrer..yes...but as a pressman I'm fine..but I'd much rather sit at a cumputer instead of working 12 hr shifts in a hot warehouse...despite a college degree..I'm stuck there...but I guess ill be thankful I have 1 eye..and a job...

Back to topic.....so the borg looks like a winner....I wonder how they look with an acidwash anno....hmmm..I still love vikings tho....it a tough decision...any particular reason the angel isn't getting as much love?....

CKY_Alliance
04-28-2006, 01:43 PM
If you want to see a nice anno on an 06 borg check out the str8 killas 06 cyborg..so hot.

DarkMag722
04-28-2006, 02:36 PM
I say Viking they are nice looking guns and work well

cdacda13
04-28-2006, 06:55 PM
I'm trying to make the same decsion you are.

Jonno06
04-28-2006, 07:25 PM
get the 06. the brand new milling is absolutely amazing. and ****, its by macdev, whos been making the best paintball parts and guns for as long as I can remember.

makes me miss my sonic bushy. :(

ABTOCMEPTb
04-28-2006, 09:01 PM
HERE IS MY RED CYBORG 06 (http://img19.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dscf16101sw.jpg)

Rudz
04-28-2006, 09:08 PM
do they come on fades..is it just the dust finish or are there gloss finishes also?

electriceel125
04-28-2006, 09:49 PM
i own a viking and a sonic cyborg. First off, the 06borg blows my sonic outta the water. I like my sonic over the viking and i have always been an aka fan. The two companies strive to be great, not in marketing but in quality. i would get a cyborg because they are lighter and more current which makes for ease of fixing. It really is a close call but i think cyborgs have taken the lead as to the overall best electro avalible.

Steelrat
04-28-2006, 10:26 PM
I would sure hope the 06 borg is better than the 04 viking.

Besides the fact that I'm boycotting Macdev, I'd still take an 04 viking ahead of the 'borg. But, I'd take an 04 excal ahead of anything. Plus, you can get some great deals on used AKA markers right now.

The borg is really the gun du jour. It's a good gun, but lets see if people still talk as fondly about it 2 years from now like they do the AKA guns.

ABTOCMEPTb
04-28-2006, 10:42 PM
The only problem with Cyborg 06 - its not being made in USA. Its australian marker and very few dealers selling it inside USA.

But do me a favor. Go and check how many people selling their Vikings, DM6, PM6, Intimidators, Angels and how many selling their Borgs......

Steelrat
04-28-2006, 11:07 PM
The only problem with Cyborg 06 - its not being made in USA. Its australian marker and very few dealers selling it inside USA.

But do me a favor. Go and check how many people selling their Vikings, DM6, PM6, Intimidators, Angels and how many selling their Borgs......

Do me a favor. Go and figure out how many 06 borgs have been sold in the US versus 04 vikings sold.

atm743
04-28-2006, 11:10 PM
yeah i would go with a viking

i had one and I MISS IT

they are SOOO fast. made good on air. never barrel break or chop with them. some say they are heavy but a unmilled 04 viking to me is the same as a dm4.

i would get a 04 viking

you can get an unmilled one for around 500-550

or a nice milled one for around 700-800 with tadao :D

m-a-r-k-7
04-28-2006, 11:31 PM
Well using the same logic as an outback steakhouse commercial:

Borgs are obviously better, because they're made in the furutre.

PnueMagger
04-29-2006, 12:38 AM
Besides the fact that I'm boycotting Macdev ...

I'm sure your boycott will work. :rolleyes:

The markers are so comparable, that If i were you, I would buy a viking due to the price gap. Then you still have a ton of money to upgrade before you break even with the borg.

jenarelJAM
04-29-2006, 01:07 AM
What's to upgrade? Most of the 04 vikings are used, and so, the previous owner has already upgraded the feedneck and trigger, which is about all that really needs it. Slap on a new barrel and tadao if you really want, and let 'er rip.

Quick Facts:
I have an 04 viking and love it.
If I could try any other marker, it would probably be an 04 excal, just to see if I like it better than the viking.
After that, I would like to try the 06 borg. It's a close second(third), but I think you might get a better deal on a viking.

Plus, if you get an unmilled for $550 or so, then you can dump the $ you were going to spend on the borg into a DC FL milling and dust it white. :clap:

SpecialBlend2786
04-29-2006, 01:26 AM
I would sure hope the 06 borg is better than the 04 viking.

Besides the fact that I'm boycotting Macdev, I'd still take an 04 viking ahead of the 'borg. But, I'd take an 04 excal ahead of anything. Plus, you can get some great deals on used AKA markers right now.

The borg is really the gun du jour. It's a good gun, but lets see if people still talk as fondly about it 2 years from now like they do the AKA guns.

wait wait wait, boycotting because of that picture posted on PBN by James?

jenarelJAM
04-29-2006, 01:28 AM
I dunno who james is, but I think it's cause of that picture advertising macdev pants, and the guy has a pistol in the back.

lather
04-29-2006, 01:45 AM
I pretty much owned all 3 of the guns you mentioned--an 06 Borg, a 04 Rollout Viking and an 06 Gat (basically the same frame as a g7 fly.)

They are all well made and either would serve you well, basically it all boils down to personal comfort and how each marker feels in your hands.

I really liked the 06 borg's performance but the grips have a very cheap feel to me, the glad reg isnt comfortable to me either. In short, I just didnt get a good overall feel about it--it just seemed too tall and narrow. I also think there is a bit of a flavor of the month sentiment about them floating around, so they are a bit over hyped.

The Gat was much more comfortable in my hands, the performance of the mini reg is underated imo. The angel shot very smooth and consistant and was solidly made, it just didnt have any personality to it, kinda bland to me--if that makes any sense. :)

Try them all before deciding, although being able to compare an 04 viking with 2 brand new cutting edge markers like the borg and angel speaks volumes about AKA guns. :D

Steelrat
04-29-2006, 04:28 PM
I'm sure your boycott will work. :rolleyes:

The markers are so comparable, that If i were you, I would buy a viking due to the price gap. Then you still have a ton of money to upgrade before you break even with the borg.

#1 I don't give a crap if my boycott works. In fact, I'm 100% sure they don't give a crap. I'm doing it for my own personal reasons. Maybe one of these days you'll find some moral fiber and take a stand on something. I won't hold my breath, though.

#2 I don't give a crap what you say or think about it. Save your rapier wit for someone who even remotely cares about your opinion.

jenarelJAM
04-29-2006, 05:10 PM
Whoa, calm down Steel. I don't think he was attacking you, he was just saying that macdev has good products, and won't lose business because of the boycott. Your boycott is between macdev and yourself. He should not have commented on it, but neither should you have flamed him for his passing comment.

I notice there are 8 people who have voted for the g7 fly up above. Do any of you care to post why? I'd like to know as well.

Steelrat
04-29-2006, 06:55 PM
Whoa, calm down Steel. I don't think he was attacking you, he was just saying that macdev has good products, and won't lose business because of the boycott. Your boycott is between macdev and yourself. He should not have commented on it, but neither should you have flamed him for his passing comment.

I notice there are 8 people who have voted for the g7 fly up above. Do any of you care to post why? I'd like to know as well.

I never said Macdev made bad products. Quite the contrary, I think they make good products, and I actually owned and used a 1st generation borg. I made a passing comment about my personal boycott, and he saw it necessary to shoot off his mouth about it, with the rolleyes tacked on just to make sure I got his sarcasm. I stand by my comments.

For value and raw performance, I say viking. For quality gun du jour, can't go wrong with the g7 or macdev.

master_alexander
04-29-2006, 07:01 PM
cyborg.

the viking will be too heavy

and the other is an angel... never liked them much

Steelrat
04-29-2006, 07:05 PM
cyborg.

Compare apples to apples. A custom milled viking, which will run less than 06 borgs are going for, weight just a little over 2 lbs, with some actually weighing in right at 2 lbs. Thats far from heavy. Sure, the unmilleds are heavier, but you can buy TWO of them for what 1 06 borg costs.

atm743
04-29-2006, 07:12 PM
cyborg.

i know you had an 03 before but did you ever ownd a 04

if not the 04's are half a pound lighter than the 03's

the 03's are 3 pounds and the 04s are 2.5

to me the 04 viking or excal is just like a dm4.

jenarelJAM
05-01-2006, 12:49 AM
My unmilled 04 viking isn't bad. It feels like what I think it looks like. It is basically hollow, unlike a dm3. But Honestly people... when you get done putting your hopper full of paint, your hpa tank, and your barrel on the gun, the weight is negligible. Your halo weighs as much as the entire marker, so stop complaining about weight.
:bounce: DO SOME PUSHUPS!!! :bounce:

Rudz
05-01-2006, 08:55 AM
So far I'm leaning towards a viking I've been trolling the aka owners site and there's some beautiful markers....the idea of getting my hands on a milled and beautifully annod 04 viking.......fast, reliable, and efficient...hmmmm viking wins..I don't like the cyborgs straight edge milling....even the ignition cyborg doesn't do it for me..angels..well I don't like the idea of twice as many barrels..so now I'm gonna be saving up for a milled viking..yippeeeee.....

Steelrat
05-01-2006, 09:02 AM
Good deal. If you have any questions, feel free to ask. God knows I've owned enough of the darned things...

Rudz
05-01-2006, 09:09 AM
Good deal. If you have any questions, feel free to ask. God knows I've owned enough of the darned things...

What's the diff between mac noids and humphrey noids....ones faster right? I forgot which.....the barrels are cocker..what threading are the feednecks?....and what psi does my tank have be at....thanks...

Steelrat
05-01-2006, 09:17 AM
What's the diff between mac noids and humphrey noids....ones faster right? I forgot which.....the barrels are cocker..what threading are the feednecks?....and what psi does my tank have be at....thanks...

Mac noids are the older ones, and they are slower than the hump noids, though quieter. Feednecks are AKA threading, which is actually the same as...cocker threading. They are the strongest feedneck threads out there. By PSI, did you mean HP or LP, or how much air you need in the tank to shoot the gun. Unlike the mags, the AKA guns can shoot very deep into the tanks. I usually get down to 100 psi or so before shooting becomes useless, though there is dropoff after 200 or so. You can use HP or LP, doesn't affect performance at all. Efficiency should be roughly 2000 shots on a 68/45.

Rudz
05-01-2006, 09:26 AM
Mac noids are the older ones, and they are slower than the hump noids, though quieter. Feednecks are AKA threading, which is actually the same as...cocker threading. They are the strongest feedneck threads out there. By PSI, did you mean HP or LP, or how much air you need in the tank to shoot the gun. Unlike the mags, the AKA guns can shoot very deep into the tanks. I usually get down to 100 psi or so before shooting becomes useless, though there is dropoff after 200 or so. You can use HP or LP, doesn't affect performance at all. Efficiency should be roughly 2000 shots on a 68/45.

Okay..I just wanted to kno if I needed a new tank..I don't have a 68 any more..I have a 112..lol another reason wieght doesn't bother me......I just like the look of a milled viking better.....thanks.....

Steelrat
05-01-2006, 11:11 AM
Okay..I just wanted to kno if I needed a new tank..I don't have a 68 any more..I have a 112..lol another reason wieght doesn't bother me......I just like the look of a milled viking better.....thanks.....

Egads, get a 45/45, makes for a faster setup. It's not a matter of how strong you are, its a matter of speed. I'm 6'3" and 240 lbs, and I like the lightest setup I can get.

FromTheBack
05-01-2006, 01:47 PM
I have to agree on the weight argument.
I used to use a non-ule Emag that had a 45/88 on it not to mention a drop. I couldn't handle that thing for anything on the field (airball mind you). With a transition to a DM6 and a 45/45 I can tell you I am much faster with my gun handling and more comfortable posting out on someone. A steadier setup is a lighter one in my opinion and I loved switching over.

punkncat
05-01-2006, 08:56 PM
Well it seems like you have gotten the feedback on two of the three....

Aren't borgs just glorofied Impys anyway? Maybe I am thinking of something else.

Vikings are WAY heavy, but I like to think that heavy is reliable....

I recently got a G7. I have been a fan of the Angel since the 03 Speed. This marker was the fix for so many of the previous design problems. The biggest being the rollback issue fixed with the new breech lever design. There are a few drawbacks.

Its still a bit weighty, but I don't mind. It still uses the wierd battery, but the plus side is LONG periods of time between needing to charge the battery. The eyes are sort of a pain. In the instance that you break a ball in the breech...rare and usually caused by either running out or air or charge on the battery...it is a pain to get the eyes clean and running again. Not something a quick barrel swabbing will fix. I think Dye has better eyes maintanance wise....anywho. The only other problem is that I see some complaints that the ramping on the stock board is actually just a bit too fast in its ramping mode, that it actually exceeds the cap on 15.4 or whatever.

The plus sides are harder to define....I mean some people will hold a certain marker and think its tits while another won't like it. I am and always have been a fan of the 90* frame. I like poppet valves designs, and I really dig the roto breech ( I also liked the breech on the early trixes) as its easy to clean. The stock board is easy to navigate, its very user adjustable. And the trigger can easily be adjusted from outside the frame, like the A4 before it with the vernier wheels.

With the addition of a barrel system, pretty much a given on any marker, and a suitable air tank, yes WDP recommends the use of a fixed 450....its ready to rip and really needs nothing else.

Steelrat
05-01-2006, 09:13 PM
Vikings are WAY heavy, but I like to think that heavy is reliable....

2 to 2.5 lbs is heavy? Not every viking is an 03 unmilled.

A borg is no more a glorified Impy than an Ego or intimidator is. Thats like saying a Mercedes is a glorified Yugo. Same basic concept, the difference is in the quality of the execution.

punkncat
05-01-2006, 09:25 PM
A borg is no more a glorified Impy than an Ego or intimidator is...... Same basic concept, the difference is in the quality of the execution.

You called it truly though. All of those, the promaster, B2K's, all of them are the same concept. For all that the Vike and Angel share many things in common with each other as well.

usagi_tetsu
05-04-2006, 03:03 AM
Cyborg. Why? Comes with a really decent barrel kit (MatchStik, plus it's 'cocker threaded, you won't have any problems finding barrels for it), very good HPR and LPR (almost the first things anyone changes on any marker nowadays, don't have to do this with the 'borg, the Gladiator is drop-dead reliable and has good flow), and is lighter than the Viking. These are great markers, love the design of 'em ('cause I'm a Tribal junkie, and the 'borg is the Tribal of the 2000's), and they're not that bad in the looks department.

And let's face it, all of those are essentially the same marker: Impy, Tribal, Bushy/ProMaster, Defiant, Timmy, Angel, Viking, Ego - all of 'em use the same basic design to accomplish the necessary mechanics of loading a paintball into the chamber and firing air behind it. A solenoid moves a ram (which moves a bolt by linkage) to strike and open a poppet valve, and then retracts the whole operation, setting the stage for the next cycle. It's all about how much support will you get from the company, what options come with the base marker, and how good the looks of 'em stroke your ego.

Steelrat
05-04-2006, 05:22 AM
Cyborg. Why? Comes with a really decent barrel kit (MatchStik, plus it's 'cocker threaded, you won't have any problems finding barrels for it), very good HPR and LPR (almost the first things anyone changes on any marker nowadays, don't have to do this with the 'borg, the Gladiator is drop-dead reliable and has good flow), and is lighter than the Viking.

Cyborg stock barrel is better than the vikings, but the sidewinder and SCM are better than the stock macdev lpr and hpr IMO. And is .5 pounds or so really that big of deal? The difference in weight is even smaller for custom vikings.

jenarelJAM
05-06-2006, 05:57 PM
From what I can see:
Cyborg...................................Viking
More Reliable than most.........Most Reliable Possible
Feel........................................Feel
Personal Preference...............Personal Preference
Can't do.................................Cool bolt can be pulled easily
Can't do.................................31 bps proven
Cocker Threaded....................Cocker Threaded

The part in Red is the most important.

Rudz
05-07-2006, 08:58 AM
I bought an 04 unmilled viking, I can't wait for it to get here...I also bought a ccm cf barrel kit..and my 68 apoc tank finally showed up..so yeah I'm set.......ill post piks later..there's already a pik in steels thread abt zak.....

Rudz
05-08-2006, 12:58 AM
http://img65.imageshack.us/img65/8403/myviking1ba.gif

Tadao M5 for viking (includes clear and smoke covers/ original box)
+ extra Pandora board
JMJ Nurvous roller/magnetic trigger
+ custom made silver razor blade trigger
SCM-3 (newest one, no creeping, set at 72psi)
Mitey Max
BP No-Rider
Quad detent mod (done by AKA)
Dual-slotted delrin lightning bolt (done by AKA)
Dye Sticky 3 Grips
JMJ Snatch grip
Rail milled into 45 grip frame to accept an asa (done by AKA)
Sidewinder
Eyes and covers

yup should be here tommorow or tues...mm i cant wait..thanks steelrat..