PDA

View Full Version : Best Barrel Kit

chip08
04-28-2006, 09:11 AM
Whats a good barrel kit. I really like my J&J ceramic, but are their kits any good. How about Redz or the White Wolf Airsmithing ones that take freak inserts. Any advice appreciated.

ABTOCMEPTb
04-28-2006, 09:58 AM
as with markers its all boils down to your personal preferences.

There are no 100% winner in the world of barrel kits. However there are couple that are much better than other kits.

Custom Products - 5 backs+3 tips
MacDev - 4 backs + 1 tip
Deadlywind with freak incerts - Very light and accurate carbon barrel with 8 incerts
Redz
Scepter
Stiffi

These are top 6 in my list. They very in ammount of backs, available boresize, tip count and final price. I own 3 kits from above list.

Hammerhead
Freak
J&J
Evil
Dye

These are next 4 IMHO. I own 1 out of these 5.

Skittle
04-28-2006, 10:03 AM
CCM Carbon fiber >all

Pump Scout
04-28-2006, 10:14 AM
I'm really liking my Scepter. Picked it up used, more on a whim than anything. I wanted to see if an insert system could actually get the job done. I don't know if it's the quality of manufacture, the overall design of the insert system itself, my own shooting comfort, or the planets all being lined up, but I was dead-on my first time out with it. Shot straight, no barrel breaks. Much better results than I had with my Lucky 15 set... and I LOVED those tubes.

VFX_Fenix
04-28-2006, 10:17 AM
Buy what looks good to you and you can afford without suffering in the playing department.

Hexis
04-28-2006, 10:34 AM
I still love my Ti Longbow kit.

Phantom_Mag
04-28-2006, 10:51 AM
CCM Carbon fiber >all
Im going to say the opposite, im thinking about getting rid of my ccm cf because, well its just not worth the money. I found many of my other kits more accurate with bore sizing and so on.

Baby Huey
04-28-2006, 10:56 AM
I love my SS insert freak set.

Dye Angel Guy
04-28-2006, 12:54 PM
I like the way the freaks shoot but they are a pain in the butt to take out those inserts and change them when it gets hot out and you need a larger size due to paint changes, so I got rid of it and just got some older barrels and made my own kit with boomsticks. I have so many barrels for my few angels it is insane but you can't beat getting an Angel LCD, big shot, boomstick, 14" pipe kit with 8"tip for an Ion. PLus the barrels I already had for my Speed to begin with. I just love having an actually selection of barrels because I have my scratched up ones for woodsball and my sup light ones for speedball and my closed barrels with little porting for playing in the rain.

thefool
04-28-2006, 06:15 PM
ive had a freak, scepter, ul, j&j, and exel
and imo secptor was best in every department for me. Freak is ugly (old aa frant and freak back) and i dont like the whole idea of orings. ul fronts have really bit holes that i also find look a bit worse, i havnt shot it much though it seems good. Ul is also really expenive to gget a kit going for.
j&j was good but not a kit
sceptor looks really nice and the insert system seems a lot more reliable. It in my experience cleans itself really well and is really accuratly but this i guess is all biased

RapidTransit
04-28-2006, 07:29 PM
Sceptor Kit is probably one of the better kits you will find :cheers:

nippinout
04-28-2006, 07:32 PM
I have yet to see any real testing done to prove any improvement in accuracy of a barrel kit over a simple honed tube. Let alone, efficiency.

Anecdotes need not apply.

Dayspring
04-29-2006, 01:03 AM
QFT.

Sceptor Kit is probably one of the better kits you will find :cheers:

jenarelJAM
04-29-2006, 01:10 AM
I still love my Ti Longbow kit.
Heh, I got one of those. It came with my viking, and I just use the large bore and leave the others in the barrel bag. Works like a barrel... but i'm really not a kit person.

RavishingEddie
04-29-2006, 03:22 AM
I just ordered a CCM Carbon Fiber kit and am very excited about it. I bet it will own the rest. :)

st6212
04-29-2006, 09:16 AM
Here's one I rarely see mentioned.....Lapco's Snapshot.

I just ordered a kit a few days ago. Can't wait.

I just like Lapco's quality and...well...it's more pricey than others, so not as many people have them. Gotta have something different, I do. :D

LuisV
04-29-2006, 10:11 AM
I agree with others here and feel the Lapco Snapshots and Redz kit are great systems. I shoot Lapcos on my Ion and the Redz kit on my Mag... both are great kits with awesome quality.

Another barrel to think about are the Powerlyte Scepter barrels. They are a spin off of the Freak system as they use inserts but they are held in place with a compression type fitting instead of the two o-rings like the Freak uses.

Personally... I would go with the Redz or Lapco as the quality is better. I'm not a fan of the inserts.

Dharma punk
04-29-2006, 12:06 PM
I have yet to see any real testing done to prove any improvement in accuracy of a barrel kit over a simple honed tube. Let alone, efficiency.

Anecdotes need not apply.

The main point of a kit is so that you have a proper paint to bore match. If you play with one type of paint constantly, this can be achieved with one barrel. I play at different fields that have different paint so the variety of a kit makes a difference for me. When I first started out playing I had a spyder with a .689 progressive barrel. Whenever I played at a field with small bore paint I had accuracy issues at a distance. I got an empire kit and was able to match the paint and my accuracy got a lot better at long range. Efficiency wasn't much better, but I hit where I wanted to quite a bit more often. I now have a 2k5 CP Pro kit for my mag and I love it. I can change the backs to match the paint and the fronts to match the type of game I'm playing. 10" for speed, 14" for woodsball.

shorty24
04-29-2006, 04:23 PM
Whats a good barrel kit. I really like my J&J ceramic, but are their kits any good. How about Redz or the White Wolf Airsmithing ones that take freak inserts. Any advice appreciated.

Wow, I'm surprised you found those WWA barrels! They are seriously awesome, I just got one :rolleyes:

Team VeNoM
05-01-2006, 10:33 AM
Got mine and im astounded with the accuracy of this barrel system....it has inserts but they are very different from freak inserts they are longer and tube like, but if you can get the right bore to paint match this kit is insanely accurate

just my 0.02$

XxVeNoMxX

kevdupuis
05-01-2006, 11:23 AM
*I've run the same J&J Edge kit, first on my cocker then my mag for over three years and have no complaints about it at all.

ThePixelGuru
05-01-2006, 03:30 PM
http://deadlywind.com/store/wisper/index.html

warbeak2099
05-01-2006, 05:50 PM
If you're shooting a cocker threaded gun, WGP Kaner kits are great.

minimag03
05-01-2006, 08:05 PM
I like WWA barrels a lot. It's hard to go wrong with them.

91Foxtrot
05-01-2006, 09:27 PM
Sanchez Machine SM-1. I love it, though not many people have them. I also picked up an ACI Phat system off of ebay. Six backs, three fronts. I've only played with it a few times, so far I still like the SM-1 more.