PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever have problems with USPS Express shipping?

Arstron
04-28-2006, 01:57 PM
I am awaiting the ariaval of a new gun, the guy shipped it out wednesday USPS Express (overnite) shipping (already confirmed it) and yet my local post office hasnt even recieved it yet. I was just wondering if anyone else has ever had problems with overnite shipping not showing up for 3 days.

AutomagRT1483
04-28-2006, 02:09 PM
I dont like USPS because it is so difficult to track packages with them. By the time it tells you were the package is at en route, most of the time I had already recieved the package I was awaiting.

Arstron
04-28-2006, 02:23 PM
I asked at my post office about it, they said it was garunteed to be delivered in 2 days. The last thing the tracking number says is that it left his location on the 26th. I dont know though, I just cant see paying an extra $20 again when priority mail has always been just as fast for me (since tomorrow will be the 3rd day).

Big'n slo
04-28-2006, 02:26 PM
I sent a package USPS express a while back with delivery confirmation.
When you run the number it says confirmed delivery. Unfourtunately it doesn't say where they delivered it. :tard:

It's prolly hanging out with all those socks my dryer eats

nate2k191
04-28-2006, 03:23 PM
I use USPS all the time because its really cheap, i don't bother with tracking or confirmation, and i haven't had any problems yet. Fast, cheap, and gets there in one piece.

RoamingStorm
04-28-2006, 03:30 PM
My express got shipped out tuesday got here today, yours will most likely get there tomorrow

Baby Huey
04-28-2006, 03:32 PM
I use USPS priority all the time. Its cheap and 90% of things I ship get anyway in 2 days. I actually prefer it when I order on-line. Good luck with your new gun and God Bless.

Mind'sEye
04-28-2006, 03:40 PM
95% of my online transactions are USPS Priority. It's cheap 3-day shipping. In fact, it's the only carrier that I've never had a problem with.

ABTOCMEPTb
04-28-2006, 04:03 PM
I second that. Never had a single problem with USPS.

luke
04-28-2006, 06:35 PM
Like RF said, "Express" dosen't mean squat, if it dosen't show up in 2 weeks then get concerned. ;)

Rudz
04-28-2006, 06:51 PM
I sent a package USPS express a while back with delivery confirmation.
When you run the number it says confirmed delivery. Unfourtunately it doesn't say where they delivered it. :tard:

It's prolly hanging out with all those socks my dryer eats

im on the other end of this one...still no sign of where that tank is..or my lenses from action village...that had apparenlty shipped on the 20th...ok no more usps for me..ill pay the extra for ups for anything i really want..this is rediculous..i call the post office..take forever to find the direct line..in CA, it sends you to an automated system for the whole state, but after hunting i found a direct line to the main post office in my area..i cant get anyone on the line..i left a message before..now ot says the mesage box is full so i cant even do that..i work so much i dont have time to go downtown to the office..but i might have to go down there and grab someones neck... :mad:

ABTOCMEPTb
04-28-2006, 09:06 PM
Never ever use free USPS shipping from Action Village!!!

Here is what they do. They are using some private contractor who delivers all packages to nearest location to you and then they ship it from USPS office.

Action Village collecting packages in one huge load that is why it takes so long for your item to arrive. I used free shipping once and item arrived 2 weeks later!!!!!! But it wasnt because of USPS.

Just try to order $75 worth of stuff and choose $5 ground UPS shipping.

Chronobreak
04-28-2006, 09:53 PM

Here is what they do. They are using some private contractor who delivers all packages to nearest location to you and then they ship it from USPS office.

Action Village collecting packages in one huge load that is why it takes so long for your item to arrive. I used free shipping once and item arrived 2 weeks later!!!!!! But it wasnt because of USPS.

free and crappy, who wouldve thought? :rolleyes:

---i dont think youl have this gun by tomm ;) :D

jenarelJAM
04-29-2006, 05:21 PM

And they say on their site it will take 10-12 business days to get there... business days don't include weekends, so two weeks is 10 days, which is on the early side for what they advertise. Do me a favor and don't slander actionvillage for providing a free shipping service for people who can wait two weeks. UPS ground is $5 and takes 5-8 days.

Arstron
05-01-2006, 01:35 PM
I just got the package today and the guy who sent it should be getting a refund on his shipping...

shorty24
05-01-2006, 01:42 PM
Heh, yeah... I ordered an Aero Ion body from Element Paintball a while ago, and USPS lost it. For real :tard: . Element was great though, they sent me another for free! So props to Element, but that still doesn't mean I'm happy w/ the way USPS operates :mad: .

Medic
05-01-2006, 03:29 PM
I recently had a problem with shipping. Shipped via USPS, package was lost and wound up in their lost package center. After waiting 30 days the sender filed a claim, I was sent some paperwork to fill out, and they were able to locate it in their center. The package showed up ~2 weeks later.

--Medic

ABTOCMEPTb
05-01-2006, 04:30 PM
And they say on their site it will take 10-12 business days to get there... business days don't include weekends, so two weeks is 10 days, which is on the early side for what they advertise. Do me a favor and don't slander actionvillage for providing a free shipping service for people who can wait two weeks. UPS ground is $5 and takes 5-8 days.

I never dissed AV. I am buying all stuff there. But I do not recomend their free shipping.

ActionVillage ships all stuff to me from Illinois. UPS ground gets to NYC on third day. AV ships monday and I am getting package on Wednesday.

Why it takes 10-12 business days to ship it with USPS? Parcel mail (slowest) with USPS getting to CA from NY in one week if I ship it from local office!!!!

No favor for you buddy. I can't imagine who can be so cheap and refuse to pay $5 just to receive a package 10 days faster.

ojhspyro89
05-01-2006, 07:45 PM
Im waiting on a first class G7 frame that was suppose to be here like friday...and its monday. USPS of course.

GoblinGreen
05-02-2006, 10:22 AM
Im waiting for my Xmod programmer. was sent by Lornecash on 24th of march 2006.
Im in South Africa. Lornecash said he would gladly replace the programmer, so that is great! Lornecash is really doing good stuff for us AGD fans. Gonna give it another month though :)

:tard: USPS is really awesome :tard:

Arstron
05-02-2006, 10:35 AM
Im waiting for my Xmod programmer. was sent by Lornecash on 24th of march 2006.
Im in South Africa. Lornecash said he would gladly replace the programmer, so that is great! Lornecash is really doing good stuff for us AGD fans. Gonna give it another month though :)

:tard: USPS is really awesome :tard:

That could be a hold up with customs also, I've had the problem once shipping to canada. Also depending on how it was shipped, it could take up to 4-6 weeks (according to the usps.com for economy parcel post).