PDA

View Full Version : Short barrel FPS consistency

nippinout
04-28-2006, 06:55 PM
TK has stated that short barrels have more consistend FPS over longer barrels. How much more consistent? Is there a point of diminishing returns, where FPS is consistent but accuracy drops?

Ignoring efficiency, loudness, and fragil paint, wouldn't we all want really short barrels?

I wouldn't mind a barrel with 4" effective length and 8-12" of porting if it didn't blow up paint in the barrel.

Jonno06
04-28-2006, 07:23 PM
TK=tom kaye?

and did he happen to mention this when the crown point was out?

buzzboy
04-28-2006, 07:27 PM
I don't know why more people don't have short barrels. The most accurate barrel/gun/paint combo(consistantly on target) was some cheap two piece with only the back half on 98c with brass eagle paint. It also was shooting all the shots very close. Kinda weird but maybe thats what happens when you DON'T take care of your gear.

Dark Frost17
04-28-2006, 07:32 PM
love my 12in lapco SS Big Shot...... :D ....use it more often then my 14in J&J .....
tighter groupings with the lapco :wow:

:cheers:

Beemer
04-30-2006, 12:48 AM
Ignoring efficiency, loudness, and fragil paint, wouldn't we all want really short barrels?
I wouldn't mind a barrel with 4" effective length and 8-12" of porting if it didn't blow up paint in the barrel.

Well not really short. Eight to ten with no porting at all. J&J nine inch no porting for me.
They need long ones so they can move the air bunkers.