PDA

View Full Version : So i did it.....

dahoeb
04-28-2006, 07:01 PM
Well, i've always had a little bias against autocockers. i've never shot one that i really impressed me and they seemed like more hassle than what they're worth, at least compared to my mags.
well that all changed last weekend. i shot an old school ebladed black magic cocker. it was out of time, was burping and all kinds of other stuff, but i loved it! something about it just made it downright fun to play with, i don't know what it was!
so i immediately began my search for an ecocker that was just as good. i went both shops in my area and they just laughed at me, asked me "why would you wanna get an ecocker?!". im used to hearing that about my mags, but i was surprised to hear all these people at both shops trashing the cocker as well! how things have changed!
anyways, those people were useless, so i went to ebay. it was there that i found this bad boy :)

My future baby (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7236097665&sspagename=ADME:L:RTQ:US:1)

orracles are the coolest cockers out there in my opinion and i'm just excited as heck to be getting this monster. i'll let you guys know how she shoots.

OH, also, i got a quick question: how does the eblade affect how you time the marker? does it minimize the need for it or just make it significantly easier?

Jonno06
04-28-2006, 07:21 PM
wow, nice marker and great deal!!! i LOVE ecockers. and cockers in general. something about the back block is just mesmorizing.

anyways, yea, the eblade makes it easier, and makes you have to do it less. I suggest using loctite on the rods and screws and such, so they dont wiggle loose and make it out of time again.

again, congrats :clap:

Recon by Fire
04-28-2006, 08:09 PM
I too was always biased against autocockers, until the agg kidz moved onto something else :) Now I like them. :D

BigEvil
04-28-2006, 08:11 PM
I think since Budd sold to K2, and the later release of the cheaper trilogy series cockers, that perception of them has fallen. At least the prestige has anyhow.

Also, once Eclipse discontinues the Eblade and WGP makes there own eframe then I think that cockers will fall off even more.

nate2k191
04-28-2006, 08:12 PM
i've never been impressed by a cocker either, they always seem to have something wrong; however, i like the style of some and they way the shoot. I chose the Mag side in the mag/cocker war, but i wouldn't mind buying one like you did, im sure their good if you treat them well and know something about them.

captian pinky
04-28-2006, 08:54 PM
i ahve owned a karni a sto cocker later turned to pump and then i built a right feed sniper 2 and i love the pumps i hated to e blades cuz the reciprocating mass i couldnt hitanything unless i one balled but thats y i play pump now

wanna-b-ballin'
04-28-2006, 09:33 PM
hahaha thats weird. i bet you were bidding against my friend. he was bidding on multiple ebladed orracles, and just got his yesterday. he loves it.

electriceel125
04-28-2006, 09:58 PM
Something about cockers keep me coming back. But i always come back to sliders. I dont like eblades or hinge just sliders. I will always keep at least one on hand because they are just so great. I never seem to have all these cocker problems everyone else has.

mobsterboy
04-28-2006, 10:07 PM
is that what you paid for it? wow, bad deal unless theres a tank that comes with it that wasnt listed or pictured. Eframes period are down the toilet, orracles i see going for 70 for just the body, internals are just like any other cocker. I suppose if you were willing to haggle and 3rd party the sucker, you could have gotten about 200 knocked off taht price on pbnation

NOTE HERE: I love AO, and I hardly ever goto the nation, but when you can start a thread in their classifieds and in an hour its on the 3rd page, the hits per day is amazing, and the threads are uberabundant

as far as timing the e
its automatic if you use default settings. You can alter it, but you gotta know what your doing.

dahoeb
04-29-2006, 03:40 AM
is that what you paid for it? wow, bad deal unless theres a tank that comes with it that wasnt listed or pictured.

eeehhh, i know i couldve probably gotten it cheaper if i looked more, but i just got back from overseas so i can afford it :)
price wasn't THAT much of a factor in my quest to get a decent ecocker.
besides the way i see it, most '05 superstocks (s/f) cost about 450, and if all i gotta do is pay $100 more to get a good condition orracle with a superior e2 frame, to me, thats worth the price to me

thanks for the info about the timing, though :headbang:

surfbum
04-29-2006, 03:56 AM
hey
just wondering
do you want that CP rail and asa?
if not ive been looking all over for one and id love to buy it of you
PM me