PDA

View Full Version : Getting bunkered...

fyffe131
04-29-2006, 03:18 PM
Will someone explain exactly what 'getting bunkered' means? Thanks, and sorry for the newbness...I don't play speedball.

Aeronautica86
04-29-2006, 03:20 PM
thats when someone runs up on you while you're chillin in your bunker and caps you point blank

DarkMag722
04-29-2006, 03:27 PM
when someone runs up to the bunker your behind and shoots you

paintball-lizard
04-29-2006, 05:21 PM
when someone runs up to the bunker your behind and shoots you

As above bud
:)

buzzboy
04-29-2006, 05:36 PM
Bunkering is any move made where somebody is shot out of their bunker, usually by running up to or running by the bunker. Some adverturous people have made bunkers by diving over the bunker and shooting down. It situations such as above a counter bunkering action is very easy on the bunkerer.

paintman1142
04-29-2006, 06:28 PM
while where on this kind of noob lingo thingy, what does up and bump mean in the forums? i know what bumping up means in speedball, but not in the forums.

buzzboy
04-29-2006, 06:47 PM
it puts a BST thread UP to the top of the page for all to see.

cowboy_00
04-29-2006, 06:48 PM
when you have a post (usually in the trade forums) and you want it to be at the top of the list of topics you post Up or bump so that it jumps to the top of the list.

AO puts a limit of one up a day so that you can actually read a whole section without getting confused.

bumping is the same.
some people use the word bump, some up. but they both do the same thing.

paintman1142
04-29-2006, 08:31 PM
ah thats what i guessed, thanks

Beemer
04-29-2006, 09:27 PM
Here is a good example for you to see.

http://home.comcast.net/~beemerone/BunkerHeadShots.wmv

Peace Out

http://home.comcast.net/~beemerone/AoIL.gif

wanna-b-ballin'
04-30-2006, 12:31 AM
basically when you unexpectedly get shot point blank. sometimes expectedly though.

REDRT
04-30-2006, 11:23 AM
Years ago in a rec ball game a friend and myself were pinned down behind a bunker and one of the opposing player went to bunker us. In rec ball it was a common practice to just call for the surrender instead of shooting some one that close. Anyway this fella stuck just his marker over the bunker and waved it around demanding the surrender. The guy freaked when in a split second I grabbed his barrel and yanked him over to top allowing my buddy shot him between the eyes. My advise is to shoot first and ask questions later when bunkering.

SpitFire1299
04-30-2006, 11:38 AM
Bunkering is pretty much shooting someone from the same bunker.

68magOwner
04-30-2006, 11:57 AM
Years ago in a rec ball game a friend and myself were pinned down behind a bunker and one of the opposing player went to bunker us. In rec ball it was a common practice to just call for the surrender instead of shooting some one that close. Anyway this fella stuck just his marker over the bunker and waved it around demanding the surrender. The guy freaked when in a split second I grabbed his barrel and yanked him over to top allowing my buddy shot him between the eyes. My advise is to shoot first and ask questions later when bunkering.

so....a guy was trying to be polite to you and not shoot you and your bud, and you return the favor buy causing intentional physical contact (not allowed anywhere) and shooting the guy. Now, thats cool :tard: :nono:

Jonno06
04-30-2006, 12:16 PM
so....a guy was trying to be polite to you and not shoot you and your bud, and you return the favor buy causing intentional physical contact (not allowed anywhere) and shooting the guy. Now, thats cool :tard: :nono:

sometimes when you're adrenalin is rushing your actions arent the 'smartest', but i agree. If you're playing paintball, be ready to get hit. if you dont want to get bunkered, i may suggest underwater basket weaving? :sleeping:

warbeak2099
04-30-2006, 12:24 PM
Shoulda just shot his gun REDRT.

Z-man
04-30-2006, 12:43 PM
sometimes when you're adrenalin is rushing your actions arent the 'smartest', but i agree. If you're playing paintball, be ready to get hit. if you dont want to get bunkered, i may suggest underwater basket weaving? :sleeping:

Depends on the group you are playing with. Paintball is a very physical sport and ESPECIALLY for new people, getting bonus balled or shot at close range can be taken on a personal level. I know when I first started playing if I got shot more than 2x I got mad and thought "what a jerk! he hit me already what the heck is he doing?!?"

But as I learned how the game works I began to understand and accept these things. Besides not being able to hear well with the din of the markers and the masks we wear, paintballs don't always break and they are anything but presicion ammunition.

When playing with people new to the sport or who have only played in a casual level, I try not to do some of the things that I am used to and would do normally. Things like:

Bonusballing & Large Volumes of Paint- OK yea Ill still blow 1000 rounds in a game easy but the difference is I won't put 200 rounds into a bush that a newbie is hiding in. I WILL do that to one of you :D.

Bunkering- Ill give them a chance to surrender or make every effort to shoot 1x in the foot or leg (as people new tend call themselves out whether the shot broke on them or not)

Run Through's and Close Range Shots- Sometimes you can't help it but if the opportunity occures I probably won't take it.

These new people are going to be the veterans of tomorrow, why not let bring them in under plesant conditions rather than throwing them to the wolves :D

REDRT
04-30-2006, 12:55 PM
I didn't do the shooting in this instance. The fella that got shot didn't feel a thing do to the paint hitting the goggles. At the time of this I told my friend that was pretty new to the game that he shouldn't at pointblank shoot the the guy in the goggles like that, but they held up and no one was hurt. The whole series of actions happened very fast and wasn't planned. The reaction of the one that was shot was priceless.

blykins
04-30-2006, 07:47 PM
the field I play at doesn't allow bunkering. :rolleyes:

68magOwner
04-30-2006, 07:56 PM
there really isnt much need for it in rec ball, if you get close enough to bunker someone, you might as well just tap their bunker and get em out that way.

person1
04-30-2006, 11:04 PM

I actually think my field tells you in the saftey video your forced to watch that you should tell people to surrender. I highly doubt anyone goes by that, but you should be prepared to be hit when you play. When i bunker someone i just shoot until i see the paint break, usually 1 or 2 shots.

phantomhitman
05-01-2006, 01:27 PM
i have never been bunkered, does it hurt?

punkncat
05-01-2006, 07:17 PM
We don't allow players to surrender one another. There are too many problems that arise out of asking someone to surrender and then getting lit up, or even both players getting out of hand and mowing on each other. If you find yourself in that position(and care) then shoot the other player somewhere it won't hurt....

As far as bunkering, it is a given that it is allowed in all games unless someone objects BEFORE the start of that particular game. There are too many aspects of the game that are lost when playing with no bunkering or "X" foot rules in place. I do enjoy a good friendly game of no bunkering, and find it very valuable for use at times when new players are about, I mean hey noone wants to get lit up their first few times out. But if I played that way all the time my game would suffer for it.

Pyroboy597
05-01-2006, 07:27 PM
On Saturday I did a run through on our local rec field and bunkered 9 people :tard:

Shortly afterwards the father of one of the kids (who I also hit) ripped his mask off, walked up to me, and punched me in the face. Police came. Bye bye to that guy.

geekwarrior
05-01-2006, 07:49 PM
On Saturday I did a run through on our local rec field and bunkered 9 people :tard:

Shortly afterwards the father of one of the kids (who I also hit) ripped his mask off, walked up to me, and punched me in the face. Police came. Bye bye to that guy.

I probably would have punched you too... :p