PDA

View Full Version : Cant get valve out

b e n
04-29-2006, 05:20 PM
I just got my Minimag today and I cant pull the AIR valve out the back. I pulled the trigger and rotated it like they said but Its still stuck. It will move out like a querter inch but then stop. Whats going on? :confused:

buzzboy
04-29-2006, 05:30 PM
My first time I had to take everything apart. Take off the rail/trigger frame/barrel and what ever else you can get off. Then remove the air line and pull a little, twist a tad, then pull it the rest of the way out.

b e n
04-29-2006, 05:53 PM
OK, then will it come apart normal after that?

Tunaman
04-29-2006, 05:56 PM
put the valve back in all the way and use a small screwdriver or something to push the trigger rod back a bit...

flyingpootang
04-29-2006, 06:23 PM
Make shure its degassed and remove the trigger frame screw, then the regulator screw while holding the valve against the body. Usally the on/off is not fully pushed in and keeps the valve from comming out.

craltal
05-01-2006, 09:16 AM
could be that the on/off pin hasn't been fully pushed into the valve and is catching (solution per Tunaman). Also if it's older and has the brass bushing in the valve screw hole, that may have slipped a little.

b e n
05-01-2006, 04:10 PM
The problem is that the little thing that hangs out of the valve(it says oil here next to it) it a little too long and wont slide in its slot in the rail freely. Would it be OK to sand it down a little seeing that its just a little metal nub it shouldn't hurt anything :confused:

MiniMag-Man
05-01-2006, 06:10 PM
i wouldnt. i suggest just pulling the grip off and then just pushing it in then sliding the valve out

buzzboy
05-01-2006, 06:13 PM
Sanding it would be fine. The piece doesn't have to stick very far out at all to be effictive in what it does(saftey for if you try to remove the valve when it is gassed up)

b e n
05-01-2006, 06:22 PM
i wouldnt. i suggest just pulling the grip off and then just pushing it in then sliding the valve out

That would take forever if I had to do that evrytime :( I think I will just file that part down a bit.

MiniMag-Man
05-01-2006, 07:30 PM
That would take forever if I had to do that evrytime :( I think I will just file that part down a bit.

the only time i have to take my mag apart is when im cleaning it at the end of a day of playing. But at the same time i havent chopped a ball in a while so i didnt have to worry about paint getting back on the bolt