PDA

View Full Version : RPG Paradigm Pro ?

fielddoc
04-29-2006, 07:18 PM
Hello I am thinking about getting a RPG Paradigm Pro I have an wgp automag prostock right now but, really miss the mags. Anyways does anyone have this mag or have they heard anything about it? Will I be able to be competitive against protos and ions thats what most of the rec players have here in socal. Mostly just want to know more about these guns thanks.

ABTOCMEPTb
04-29-2006, 07:35 PM
Its a mech marker so its not gonna shoot 34bps. But...

Its a very very nice marker and magsmith always does a great job. You will be able to hold your grownd that is for sure.

http://www.pbreview.com/products/reviews/3707/

Z-man
04-29-2006, 07:42 PM
Its a mech marker so its not gonna shoot 34bps. But...

Its a very very nice marker and magsmith always does a great job. You will be able to hold your grownd that is for sure.

http://www.pbreview.com/products/reviews/3707/

Well.. it WILL do 34bps but not without some help... With an adjustable tank you can make it do 20-24bps rapid-firing. The RT valve has a lot of zip in it

Z-man's Various RT Videos (http://www.zakvetter.com/pages/paintballs/z-man_videos/zman_videos_main.html)

But for honest tourny play you are not going to be doing that. 15-16bps is about the most you might be able to pull off without full on rapid-fire.

I liked my RT Pro because it was light and solid. It was not the fastest (unless I was rapid-firing) but it was a very strong design I enjoy playing with.

fielddoc
04-29-2006, 08:47 PM
thanks for the thoughts. I checked out pbreview earlier and saw the only one review thats why I came here to ask around. With how the gun comes stock from magsmith what will I be able to shot consistantley balls per sec? How reliable are these guns aswell?

Z-man
04-29-2006, 08:58 PM
thanks for the thoughts. I checked out pbreview earlier and saw the only one review thats why I came here to ask around. With how the gun comes stock from magsmith what will I be able to shot consistantley balls per sec? How reliable are these guns aswell?

How fast can you pull the trigger? That is how fast you are going to shoot. For most that is 10-15bps

How reliable? If you maintain it, it's going to run a long time. I found that the bolt and several other internals need replacing after about 80-100,000 rounds. Small simple things like the bolt bumper need replacing after 12,000-15,000 rounds.

ABTOCMEPTb
04-29-2006, 10:16 PM
HERE is my custom RPG Pro made by Themagsmith. (http://img319.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dscf15804ub.jpg)

Its weight only 2 lb and ia a very fast shooter.

fielddoc
04-30-2006, 01:18 AM
would you go with this gun or a matrix the matrix is only 200 more what do you think is the better deal. I would like to go with the mag but dam the pm6 is getting such good reviews

fielddoc
04-30-2006, 02:30 AM
I wish i could get both, what do you think is more reliable?

superannuated
05-03-2006, 05:43 PM
I have a Paradigm, like it a lot, and expect to keep it for years, which is something I can't say about all my markers. It's good looking, reasonably light, offers a wide selection of barrels, and will last a long time. What it won't do is shoot 16bps in my hands. With the ULT set with no bounce I doubt if I can reach more than 10bps. I use it mostly to play scenario games and woods ball and if it's raining hard.

For speedball I use an Ego. But then, I sometimes play with pumpers who compete effectively at "recreational speedball" against electros because of their snap-shooting skills and movement.

If you want to play back man and easily shoot at the same rates of fire many of the electro players can achieve, you may want to go electro. If you like to move and snap shoot, and feel that a somewhat lesser ROF will get the job done for you, consider the Paradigm. Yes, you can set up the mag to shoot faster, but that requires a lot of trigger bounce (which isn't the way they are set up out of the box); high ROF is why electros exist.

Good luck,

Superannuated