PDA

View Full Version : Tell me about the TL-63 emag trigger

BigEvil
04-29-2006, 07:25 PM
I think thats what its called. Looks like an I frame blade trigger. My brother got one on the Xag he just bought. I like it alot. It looks like maybe an unfinished trigger that someone modified.

Does anyone have any more info? Who made them? Why are there so few?

syl58
04-29-2006, 07:30 PM
i have one, its the exact same thing as the intelliframe trigger. the trigger madnet (the one in the middle) is set, there is no adjustment. there is also no top magnet, just a metal stub. that stub is the one being adjusted, its changes the resting point of the trigger.

i think it was made by agd?

AutomagRT1483
04-29-2006, 07:30 PM
Timmy Latch off of AGD Pride made them a while back at his machine shop. He stopped making them a couple years back thats why there are so few.

gdog5
04-29-2006, 07:39 PM
Yea i have one and i always wondered where the heck it came from.

BigEvil
04-29-2006, 07:55 PM
I really have to try and make one... the only issue is that the Emag trigger is WIDER than the I frame ones, so I either have to invent a way to add metal to it or get some shim material.

BobTheCow
04-29-2006, 08:08 PM
I have nothing additional to add, other than I've got one on my sexy green PTP Micro E-mag. I bought it from sneakyhacker420 who had it tuned PERFECTLY, the thing is sweet. :)

syl58
04-29-2006, 08:29 PM
im trying to get rid of mine, what is the price range for one of these?

magman007
04-29-2006, 09:38 PM
i bought the first production one, i wish i still had the trigger, just for nostalgic pourposes

fire1811
04-29-2006, 10:08 PM
I did have one. Although I never had a problem with mine some say that they had problems with it cracking the frame or something like that. Cant remember exactly what it was.

Hexis
04-29-2006, 10:32 PM
They can cause real damage to the Emag frame. The top set screw that adjusts forward travel (quite important, since the magnet is not adjustable) hits a very thin area of aluminum on the frame (the magne stack). If the set screw punches through, the gun is pretty well screwed.

They are great trigers except for that pretty serious issue. As a safe alternative that has a similar feel, I would sugest looking at the Fireblade or Tunablade.

Steelrat
04-29-2006, 10:36 PM
They can cause real damage to the Emag frame. The top set screw that adjusts forward travel (quite important, since the magnet is not adjustable) hits a very thin area of aluminum on the frame (the magne stack). If the set screw punches through, the gun is pretty well screwed.

They are great trigers except for that pretty serious issue. As a safe alternative that has a similar feel, I would sugest looking at the Fireblade or Tunablade.

How about a nylon screw instead of a metal one?

NoLifeLeft
04-30-2006, 04:48 AM
The nylon screw would not be attracted to the magnets. There would be no trigger return unless you rig some kind of spring in there.

Hexis
04-30-2006, 12:14 PM
That and it wouldn't matter. A nylon screw will still only have a small tip to it, and it would create the same level of force on a small area, that's only thin walled. That and the additional problem of no trigger return force.

The trigger could be redesigned to function, but there are two very good alternatives currently inproduction. I loved my TL63, and was very frustrated to have to take it out. That said, I actually prefeer my TunaBlade to the TL63.

nicad
04-30-2006, 01:04 PM
Behold! Tim of the TL63: ;)

http://www.deadlywind.com/files/misc/tl63.jpg

magman007
04-30-2006, 06:52 PM
Hahaha nicad, i forgot about that :)

hexis, i actually had the tl63 issue occour to me, but i blamed it on my re annoing of the e-mag. i wasnt aware it had occoured to others as well, but it was not a difficult fix, a little jb weld and the propper od aluminum disc, and its fixed.

Vanced
04-30-2006, 07:19 PM
Yeah... Most of the information about the trigger is above...

I got one on my X-Mag... since it is a former AGD Pride Marker... And love it...

They were born more out of nesscity at the time there really wasn't a good widely avaiable blade. I think that is why Tim stood up to the plate and solved it more for himself & crew than to market them widely altough I am not sure how many but did sell at least a handfull or two here on AO...

BigEvil
04-30-2006, 07:24 PM
Yeah... Most of the information about the trigger is above...

I got one on my X-Mag... since it is a former AGD Pride Marker... And love it...

They were born more out of nesscity at the time there really wasn't a good widely avaiable blade. I think that is why Tim stood up to the plate and solved it more for himself & crew than to market them widely altough I am not sure how many but did sell at least a handfull or two here on AO...

I think I have a solution for the 'problem' that you guys are telling me about. I'll let you all know how I make out.

IcantBelieveit
04-30-2006, 08:00 PM
i have one on my e-mag...and love it.....but i did not know they cracked the frame....soo..i may consider taking it off now...

magman007
05-01-2006, 05:42 PM
it doesnt crack the frame, it more... punches through, and to this day, ive never seen another e-mag with the same issue as i had, because i re annoed, but if others are reporting it, becareful.

Hexis
05-01-2006, 05:50 PM
Mine started denting, so I removed the trigger.

Brian Terry AGD
05-02-2006, 11:10 AM
the emag was tom k old gun ,he gave it to me for my sfl emag ..it was use by me on agd kids , you got it from ted z ,he plays on my new team aggression .we are 6th in the cfoa and second in the smack tourneys.if you need any info on the gun email me..its a bad A emag as you have found out..

BigEvil
05-02-2006, 11:58 AM
the emag was tom k old gun ,he gave it to me for my sfl emag ..it was use by me on agd kids , you got it from ted z ,he plays on my new team aggression .we are 6th in the cfoa and second in the smack tourneys.if you need any info on the gun email me..its a bad A emag as you have found out..

Oh it figures, I find it FOR MY BROTHER. Thanks for the info Brian, I will get in touch if I need some more info.

Thanks