PDA

View Full Version : Old anime on Adult Swim question

wombo102
04-30-2006, 12:32 AM
Um, ok, this may seem sorta weird to ask, but can anyone give me an archive or something for the adult swim anime shows dateing back to 2002 2003? i need to find an anime show they showed on there in august of 2003, it was around the 15th at 1 or 2 in the morning. There was atleast one giant robot in it and it took place in this huge torn down city on a sunny day. there was this huge black alien monster taht terrorizing the city and the robt being controlled by a person was trying to kill it. it was extremely well drawn with alot of detail (not like inuyasha but more like cowboy bebop) and was very dramatic (i dont think there were any humorous points in the enitire thing). if some one could help me out on this one i would be so grateful. thanks.

Zack :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

DiRTyBuNNy
04-30-2006, 09:14 AM
was it "The Big O II"?

--Mr. DB

Pacifist_Farmer
04-30-2006, 10:28 AM
I hope for your sake it wasn't Evangelion, that series was a waste of time, 3/4 of each episode was a bunch of characters acting like children and being highly depressed, and then they would get in giant fighting robots and destroy everything they were trying to save.

Wait, that sounds like just about every anime I've ever watched.

wombo102
04-30-2006, 11:46 AM
deffinately not evangelion, lol, it was a very serious anime show with like one destinctive giant robot, and not Big O cuz it was much more detailed and stuff, thanks though

Fred
04-30-2006, 12:40 PM
my first guess would also be the Big O.

Evangelion... blah... too wierd and emo for me to watch more than once...

other giant mecha anime that comes to mind:

Ra Xephon

Macross / Robotech

Escaflowne

ScatterPlot
04-30-2006, 03:40 PM
Wasn't one of the Gundam's was it?

BTW I think adultswim.com has a list of their shows on it, just click "shows" up at the top. Has most, if not all of them

wombo102
04-30-2006, 09:20 PM
i think ive found it, i think it was blue gender, didnt it have giant insect aliens and huge robots?

gibby
05-01-2006, 06:09 PM
Well...if you like giant robot kind of stuff...look up Gunbusters. It's still one of my favorites.

magman007
05-01-2006, 07:12 PM
i think ive found it, i think it was blue gender, didnt it have giant insect aliens and huge robots?

yea, blue gender had mech like suits, not so much GIANT robots (giant meaning like, over 2 stories i think) but yea. it was a cool series

DiRTyBuNNy
05-01-2006, 07:40 PM
Well...if you like giant robot kind of stuff...look up Gunbusters. It's still one of my favorites.

and if you like giant robots and fan service you can watch Gunbuster II!