PDA

View Full Version : Fill nipple question

RedBeard
04-30-2006, 01:59 PM
Hey all,
So last time that I got my tank filled (68/4500 PMI), I noticed it was leaking out the fill nipple. I know it was the nipple itself that was leaking because when I put the rubber protector over it, it would keep popping off.
Now, from everything I have read, people have said just remove the nipple and unscrew the screw inside, check o-rings and what not and reassemble. So I've removed the nipple, but cannot remove the screw to get at the o-rings. doesn't matter which way I turn the screw, it just keeps spinning and spinning...
Now I'm assuming this isn't normal, if it is, how exactly do you get it out? Should I even bother trying, or should I just replace the whole thing and be done with it?

Thanks for the help.

flyingpootang
04-30-2006, 02:23 PM
Hey all,
So last time that I got my tank filled (68/4500 PMI), I noticed it was leaking out the fill nipple. I know it was the nipple itself that was leaking because when I put the rubber protector over it, it would keep popping off.
Now, from everything I have read, people have said just remove the nipple and unscrew the screw inside, check o-rings and what not and reassemble. So I've removed the nipple, but cannot remove the screw to get at the o-rings. doesn't matter which way I turn the screw, it just keeps spinning and spinning...
Now I'm assuming this isn't normal, if it is, how exactly do you get it out? Should I even bother trying, or should I just replace the whole thing and be done with it?

Thanks for the help.

Use something that will not bend or gouge and poke the screw out in the direction of the air flow