PDA

View Full Version : Poll ===> What is faster Retro Or Electric Frame?

AMGuy
12-18-2001, 08:56 PM
?

Ityl
12-19-2001, 11:08 AM
mako is faster and easier to shoot, retro is faster than AIR and more reliable than an electro frame.

LaW
12-19-2001, 12:23 PM
I don't know about that. I think that with the electro it's easier to shoot faster however it doesn't mean that it is faster, I'm sure you could get well with the retro and shoot nearly as fast.

Russ
12-19-2001, 01:24 PM
Both can outshoot a hopper, so it's a moot point.

MINIMAGMAN
12-19-2001, 02:34 PM
your paying 170 bux for a sensitive trigger thats all the mako/booyah/centerflag is... very sensitive, besides it chops balls like crazy, so RT OWNS!

mykroft
12-19-2001, 04:18 PM
ReTro is faster, no doubt about that, but it's probably easier to shoot the electro frame fast, that's why I bought a Defiant.

Kevmaster
12-19-2001, 07:43 PM
id say the mako can fire at higher rates, but the RT is really needed to keep up at the pace of the Mako

Dover
12-20-2001, 01:22 AM
According to www.airgun.com, the standard A.I.R. valve shoots in excess of 20 bps. The RT valve shoots in excess of 26 bps. The Intelliframes are being restricted to 13 bps to comply with industry standards. You do the math.

LaW
12-20-2001, 02:24 AM
Originally posted by MINIMAGMAN
your paying 170 bux for a sensitive trigger thats all the mako/booyah/centerflag is... very sensitive, besides it chops balls like crazy, so RT OWNS!

I don't see how it chops balls like crazy? Before my emag, i had and still have a retromag , I originally had the stock air valve and the hyperframe but then got a retro and I had no problems at high rates of fire.

But yes in a sense it's easier to shoot faster with the shorter pull and what not....however like the point was made both will outshoot hoppers and both are capable of high rates of fire, those two tie together.

Slapp
12-20-2001, 07:35 AM
Both setups can fire more quickly than most folks can pull the trigger and as folks have said they can both outshoot a motorized hopper. Which is faster is irrelevant. Which you like the feel of is more to the point. Personally, I like the trigger rebound of the RT not to mention the fact that it is more trouble free.

MINIMAGMAN
12-20-2001, 09:00 PM
so your saying its pointless to get the MAKO electronic frame and the Retro valve? why not? Mako can push out 15 bps, while the RETRO's reserve is 20 BPS

LaW
12-20-2001, 10:40 PM
I think having a retro and mako or hyperframe is a good thing. In my case with my hyper and stock a.i.r. I experienced a lot of shoot down and just problems overall. Switching to the retro eliminated every problem i had

MINIMAGMAN
12-21-2001, 12:56 PM
cool so how man bps would you say you push out now?

[NA]WARLORD
12-23-2001, 12:22 PM
Hey MINIMAGMAN, you obviously have not owned an electronic trigger. One, If not the most important reason to get an electronic trigger, is to eliminate short stroking! This means no broken paint due to operater error. The only way it will break paint is if your loader cannot keep up with the feeding chores. The Mako will not work with the Retro valve, yet, this is the old Boo-Yaah frame. I know as i just got rid of mine which had many problems. I have heard the Centerflag Hyperframe will work with R/T and Retro valves which if you already have either its cheaper than an E-Mag, with same results (almost, would still rather have E-Mag :)) My roomate just bought a hyperframe and it works great, but he only has a stock A.I.R. valve, and he wont let me try it om marker, Hey ROBAGD, If YA read this, order another Hyperframe And a smoke warppy.......

[NA]WARLORD
12-23-2001, 12:24 PM
cool so how man bps would you say you push out now?

He wont get more than 10-12 bps due to Halo not released yet, Current loaders wont feed fast enough to keep up with speed of marker (unless used with a warppy) !!!!!!!!

MikeCouves
12-23-2001, 07:07 PM
Retro!! You can shoot so fast with retro it's amazing. Find the sweet spot on a trigger and you are all set.

FeelTheRT
12-24-2001, 06:14 PM
Mako frame obvioulsy.. .because it's electronic. The ReTro may be able to shoot upto 25bps with out any shootdowns but u wo'nt get anywhere above 10. Speedwise, u'd be better off wiht an electrnoic frame, the ReTro maybe increase ur speed upto about 2bps more with out run off that is.

MINIMAGMAN
12-24-2001, 07:33 PM
how many bps is the regular A.I.R. valve capable of? (the one in automags and minimags?)and will the electro frame push out that maximum or near that maximum?

DYE-BaLLeR
12-25-2001, 09:47 PM
mako i think,but intellis are better imo

MINIMAGMAN
12-25-2001, 10:18 PM
intelliframe? i really want to get an electronic frame i want atleast 10 bps from my minimag A.I.R. Valve

[NA]WARLORD
12-26-2001, 01:16 AM
if ya want the best MINIMAGMAN, get a hyperframe, however you "BETTER" be running HPA, my buddy froze his A.I.R. valve on c02, had to replace all the o-rings in it ! I also recommend the warp to along with it, you will surely chop with out it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dealaman
01-06-2002, 10:18 PM
A retro valve allows you to shoot faster if you can pull the trigger really fast, but with the hyperframe it actually shortens the pull and allows you to shoot faster. If you had both and a halo hopper, well, youd have a great gun. Youd also be broke.

[NA]WARLORD
01-07-2002, 01:44 AM
Dealaman, Agreed.

kyle
01-11-2002, 07:17 PM
why dont u stop hideing your game with your rate of fire and grow some real balls and use thoes and play a real game .oh eyah stay away form eletric cause your battrie like will run out at the worse times and i dont think it lasts as long as the gun willheh..:mad:

TKO Automag 68
01-19-2002, 11:50 AM
this all depends what you prefer. personall, i'd prefer the r/t. but if you don't like the bounceback or whatever then get the electro
cons about the electro:
batterys run out
expensive
pros about electro:
fast shooting with little effort
different shooting modes
cons about r/t:
uses up extra air
expensive
you have to know how to shoot it
pros about r/t:
no batteries
extremely fast
very nice

they both are about the same so you will have to choose for yourself! happy shooting

thlibo
01-22-2002, 11:04 AM
I run a 4500 Nitro Duck, and it has amazing refresh. I have shot a Hyperframe on my RT valve, and my Z-grips on my RT valve. I sold the Hyperframe...

P.S. I also have warp feed, so I don't chop any paint, or get limited by sad little hoppers.

the electrician
01-31-2002, 08:51 PM
pneumatic actuated sear is great because it has a light, 1mm pull like an electro with no electronics or batteries. It also shoots as fast as the hopper will feed it. it cost less than both. but I'm not bias to my ow creations or anything. (large sarcastic grin)
~E~

tobz
12-18-2002, 06:08 AM
If you've ever shot the R/T, you probably either loved the bounceback, or hated it. I recommend trying it first. Upgrading your valve to an RT valve will be a smart choice either way, to keep up with whatever you are shooting.

Personally, I like the R/T because when you set the trigger right, it's hella fast. Great for burst fire and snap shooting. I think the biggest plus is that when you take an automag RT, put a level 10 on it, you have an unstoppable gun that shoots fast and doesn't chop, MECHANICALLY. Nothing electronic about it. You will need a motorized hopper but that's about it.

Try them both out and see what you feel. When you learn to pull a regular mag or an RT, you will see that it can be very effective to have a steady trigger pull, instead of just tapping an electronic "switch".

When you do finally find the sweet spot on the RT, you realize that you will hit it second nature everytime you shoot. You don't even have to pull it once, just put your finger at the spot, and it does the work for you, and it also doesn't waste paint. Because it stays around 10-16 bps depending on your trigger job, you will find that the new eggolution and halo can keep up just fine. Get a warp if you hate hopper hits.

Hope this helps in your quest.

tobz

p.s. if anyone is trading an RT valve, I have my minimag valve with perfect charger, bolt and springs, rear velocity adjuster, 48cu 3000psi aluminum tank, 12revvy (black), Dye mini chrome drop forward, and a chrome foregrip/exp chamber that includes the vertical bottle adapter. Thanks.

Schnitzel
12-18-2002, 10:45 AM
tobz - great input and all...but realize how old this thread is. I am in no way trying to flame, or to criticize,
but this thread 'died' almost a year ago.

most people dont like to see threads like this coming back from the dead, just to warn you of impending danger.

tobz
12-18-2002, 11:22 AM
umm.. yeah

I didn't see the date...
thanks...i thought some stuff in there sounded a bit funny
yikes

tobz

Skeetmaster
12-19-2002, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by FeelTheRT
Mako frame obvioulsy.. .because it's electronic. The ReTro may be able to shoot upto 25bps with out any shootdowns but u wo'nt get anywhere above 10. Speedwise, u'd be better off wiht an electrnoic frame, the ReTro maybe increase ur speed upto about 2bps more with out run off that is.
Ok peeps, someone who can host a sound file give me an address and i will send you a file of my RT with my moded intelliframe,doing 15BPS with me pulling the trigger!!
Read em and weep ye non believers!!
Cheers
Gaz

joeyjoe367
12-29-2002, 03:22 AM
Originally posted by Dover
According to www.airgun.com, the standard A.I.R. valve shoots in excess of 20 bps. The RT valve shoots in excess of 26 bps. The Intelliframes are being restricted to 13 bps to comply with industry standards. You do the math.

...ummm... whuuuut?

I say shoot both, see which one you like better.I personally love my RT's trigger, and would never trade it for the "toy" feeling of electro guns. No thanks.