PDA

View Full Version : Ok, my bolt looks NASTY.

baltour
04-30-2006, 06:43 PM
I am a newb (obviously), but I don't think my bolt is supposed to look like this.

http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/1272/gu6us.jpg
I bought it awhile back, and it looked a lighter version like this when I got it. I oiled it a few times, when I played with it, and I'ts been sitting for about half a year now. Now what could be the cause of this? Or is it supposed to look like this? Everytime i oil itwith fresh oil, it always comes around to looking like this. I need some help >_>
Is there a way to like, drain/flush the oil and put fresh in?
I don't think i've ever gotten water on the inside of it, but will WD-40 or other rust preventors work in anyway?

captian pinky
04-30-2006, 06:49 PM
u dont have to dunk it in oil only a few drops and then clean it after playing

and u only need like 3 drops in the asa

SpitFire1299
04-30-2006, 06:53 PM
DO NOT use wd40. Whipe the brown stuff off and then do like he said, drop a couple drops of paintball gun oil in the asa.

frischtr
04-30-2006, 06:53 PM
Get a new (non-rusty) spring, no more nasty bolt... Thats just rust residue from the spring...

Rift
04-30-2006, 07:08 PM
If i was you i would disasemble the valve and soak the o-rings in alcohol to clean of the old oil do the same for the bolt and def replace the spring. Then add the oil like the rest advised and you should be good to go.

MonsterMag
04-30-2006, 07:31 PM
Tear the valve down like stated above. Then rinse the bolt in water and clean all scum off the bold with rag. Get new spring because that's were the rust is coming from. Then re oil the valve and oil once a month.
Keep it clean....
:)

baltour
04-30-2006, 07:39 PM
Alright, thanks alot!
I did everything except the the soaking and oil part. I am gonna go to my local paintball store tommorrow with my bud, and i am going to pick up a new spring. I went down and dremeled all the rust and crap off the spring, so it looks 110% better, but then i came back up and saw people had replied, lol.
So do I use regular gun oil(gun as in the oil i used on my spyder,b2k4, etc), or is there something special?
Oh and should I shoot it a few times? Because I am all out of Co2, and the stubby i ordered doesn't ship until next week.

MonsterMag
04-30-2006, 07:41 PM
Pmi , Goldcup , ect...
They all work the same. Make sure you get the right spring, same as old one in length.

baltour
04-30-2006, 07:42 PM
Sweet, thanks alot!
I think i like this forum better than PBN.