PDA

View Full Version : Any idea how to get this reg apart?

FallNAngel
05-01-2006, 01:31 PM
I'm working on a friends 68/45 ACI tank, which happens to be leaking out of the tank valve. I believe the re seat is a teflon o-ring (which I have), but the problem is I can't get the reg bonnet off. The bonnet has wrench flats on it, but just using those causes the reg to unscrew from the bottle. ... So... I need to find a way to grab on to the reg body so I can unscrew the bonnet.

I've tried a strap wrench and a 1/8" NPT threaded pipe (separately of course), neither worked. The other problem I have is I'm not sure on the threading direction. I can't be positive (since I haven't gotten the damn thing off), but I'm going to guess this thing is right hand threaded, correct?

I'd really rather not have to send this thing in to ACI if all I have to do is get the bonnet off and drop in an o-ring.

FallNAngel
05-02-2006, 10:56 AM
anyone?

phantomhitman
05-02-2006, 12:12 PM
do not use a blowtorch, that the best i can do for right now

BigEvil
05-02-2006, 01:15 PM
More than likely they are held together with red thread locker. Call the factory and see what they tell you. More than likely it will be to send it to them.

rkjunior303
05-02-2006, 01:17 PM
If the bottle started to unscrew from the reg, I would have a qualified airsmith look at it. You never know what could happen or what is required by the reg manufacturer to keep it on the bottle.